New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2015
    Car went on jerking while accelerating several weeks ago until it failed to start ultimately. I immediately changed the fuel filter and the 4 spark plugs, even removed the throttle body and cleaned it. Still it's having a hard time starting.

I made some research and ask some experienced people with the GA16 engine and they said that I should check the ignition coil. I removed the ignition coil and had it tested is Banawe, turned out that it is really not supplying enough electricity, so I bought a new one.

Car started, lasted for 10mins and slowly dies again... Whew!

Out of frustration, I went on and check the fuel pump since I am not hearing it buzz when I put the key to ACC, without asking so many questions, I bought a replacement and put it back inside the tank.

Again, car started, lasted for 10mins and slowly dies...

This case is proving really really hard for me, I cannot think of anything.

I need your help guys...

Vacuum leak? ECU Prob? TPS? - Should I check these things as well

*** Also, when I removed the distributor, I forgot to mark the screw so Im not sure if it's the original position of it when I put it back, will it make any difference?***

Thanks so much in advance...

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by deejaykikz View Post
    Car went on jerking while accelerating several weeks ago until it failed to start ultimately. I immediately changed the fuel filter and the 4 spark plugs, even removed the throttle body and cleaned it. Still it's having a hard time starting.

I made some research and ask some experienced people with the GA16 engine and they said that I should check the ignition coil. I removed the ignition coil and had it tested is Banawe, turned out that it is really not supplying enough electricity, so I bought a new one.

Car started, lasted for 10mins and slowly dies again... Whew!

Out of frustration, I went on and check the fuel pump since I am not hearing it buzz when I put the key to ACC, without asking so many questions, I bought a replacement and put it back inside the tank.

Again, car started, lasted for 10mins and slowly dies...

This case is proving really really hard for me, I cannot think of anything.

I need your help guys...

Vacuum leak? ECU Prob? TPS? - Should I check these things as well

*** Also, when I removed the distributor, I forgot to mark the screw so Im not sure if it's the original position of it when I put it back, will it make any difference?***

Thanks so much in advance...
    To eliminate the frustration (and possible worsening of the problem), have you considered bringing it to Nissan? I personally like the service of Nissan North EDSA.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think i had experienced that before sa B14 ko, pero ganun pa din, trial and error din.
    palit din ako lahat, including HT wires, starter..... until napalitan yung distributor.

pero tama, ipa scan mo na din muna siguro..

ano ba yung starting? may redondo ba? o click lang?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

i think i had experienced that before sa B14 ko, pero ganun pa din, trial and error din.
    palit din ako lahat, including HT wires, starter..... until napalitan yung distributor.

4. Join Date
    May 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    To eliminate the frustration (and possible worsening of the problem), have you considered bringing it to Nissan? I personally like the service of Nissan North EDSA.
    I will consider this, thanks so much Sir. The problem only is I have to tow the car since I can't use it to go there as it is... It dies every 5-10mins.

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post

Nag-iistart naman cya Sir kaso namamatay after 10mins or so...

Nag-iistart naman cya Sir kaso namamatay after 10mins or so...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok....
    you have to determine if its electrical or fuel related.
    have you checked na din the high tension wires?

ok....

6. Join Date
    May 2015
    ok....

ok....
    I did a manual check on the high tension wires, unplugging each of it while the engine is running to see if the engine would run and sounds like it's out of time, so far as the manual test goes it went good. Do you have any ways and means of testing it Sir?

ok....

ok....
    I did a manual check on the high tension wires, unplugging each of it while the engine is running to see if the engine would run and sound like it's out of time, so far as the manual test goes it went good. Do you have any ways and means of testing it Sir?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it dies every five to ten, that's a heat-related issue... and could very well be electrical... might want to check the new coil you bought and see if it's okay.

I had a similar issue and went through several coils... only to find out the ECU was shorting everything out.

Best to take it in and have all the wiring checked.

If it dies every five to ten, that's a heat-related issue... and could very well be electrical... might want to check the new coil you bought and see if it's okay.

I had a similar issue and went through several coils... only to find out the ECU was shorting everything out.

Best to take it in and have all the wiring checked.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    May 2015
    So if the ECU shorts everything, ECU have to be replaced?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    On my B14 which I owned several years ago, a similar issue was fixed by cleaning the fuel injectors...

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    It fires to ignite from cranking the starter. It runs after igniting the engine. Then after a 10 minute run, it dies... After all you have replaced, inspect and cleaned parts you have suspected. Have you ever checked and inspect your engine oil? Do you have, and is it between the specified level?

Sent from my UP+ using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast