New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    HELP: High Idling 2002 Y61 Patrol GU ZD30 A/T

I was on my way to a meeting last night driving the Patrol. When I came to stop, I shifted the gear lever to neutral (N). To my surprise the engine suddenly revved itself to about 1,000-1,200 rpm even without me touching the throttle.

I shifted back to drive (D) and the revs got subdued a bit to a more docile 750rpm but I could still feel that the engine wanted to rev.

I let the car rest overnight and the same thing still happened on my way to work this morning. Whenever I shift to Park or Neutral, the engine would rev to 1,000-1,200 rpm.

There are no illuminated idiot lights on my dashboard.

What could be the problem? Hope you guys could help out.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

I was on my way to a meeting last night driving the Patrol. When I came to stop, I shifted the gear lever to neutral (N). To my surprise the engine suddenly revved itself to about 1,000-1,200 rpm even without me touching the throttle.

I shifted back to drive (D) and the revs got subdued a bit to a more docile 750rpm but I could still feel that the engine wanted to rev.

I let the car rest overnight and the same thing still happened on my way to work this morning. Whenever I shift to Park or Neutral, the engine would rev to 1,000-1,200 rpm.

kung d nag iiluminate yung MIL, try mo linisin yung IAC (Idle Air Control). yung prob mo i think yung TP (Throttle Position) sensor or yung IAC. baka d na naglalaro ng mabuti yung IAC mo kaya nag stuck open na, kaya diretso ang pasok ng air sa throttle. Pag nag Check engine or umilaw yung MIL, simply remove the negative terminal of the battery for 10min. pag may check engine usually gumagamit ng scan tool for nissan vehicles they use ConsultII, for Ford they used NGS, and for GM cars TechII. but some use the carman scan VG that can diagnose asian and american car, but the only disadvantage is that d nakakapagprogram ang carman. sana maayos na prob mo. ^_^

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post

kung d nag iiluminate yung MIL, try mo linisin yung IAC (Idle Air Control). yung prob mo i think yung TP (Throttle Position) sensor or yung IAC. baka d na naglalaro ng mabuti yung IAC mo kaya nag stuck open na, kaya diretso ang pasok ng air sa throttle. Pag nag Check engine or umilaw yung MIL, simply remove the negative terminal of the battery for 10min. pag may check engine usually gumagamit ng scan tool for nissan vehicles they use ConsultII, for Ford they used NGS, and for GM cars TechII. but some use the carman scan VG that can diagnose asian and american car, but the only disadvantage is that d nakakapagprogram ang carman. sana maayos na prob mo. ^_^

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for the reply. The HEAT switch is not illuminated when the high idling occurs. But since it has been mentioned, I tried activating the switch.

With the switch on or with the switch off, there was almost no difference in the idle speed.

So now, It's like I'm driving in HEAT mode all the time...

Any more help guys?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    pag d po naka-ilaw yung MIL (malfunction indicator light) or yung symbol ng engine sa dashboard, try nyo po linisin yung IAC located po sa throttle body. check also yung vacuum hoses kung may leak.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    continous ba doc otep ang pag rev up to 1200 rom pag shift sa neutral?

kasi in iur 4jx1 trooper nag jujump din ang rpm to around near 1000rpm pero it would last around mga 2 sec lang ..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just this morning, on my way home, the check engine light came on, I still managed to drive home. When I turned the engine on and had to drive the car again after a few hours, the light did not stay illuminated anymore.

Maybe a trip to the dealer is in order. The high idling is driving me crazy.

The dealer (over the phone) is diagnoising it as an ECU problem. Though I'm still not inclined to accept that diagnosis yet.

Btw, there are no changes with the a/c on or off. The high idling starts after driving for a few kms and would be high idling for the rest of the trip.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    doc otep, ganitong symptoms an nangyare samen when our 4jx1 engine suffered an injector failure ..

kusang tumataas ang rpm and later that night, the engine almost blew..

nag engine wild na pala ..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just got the Patrol back. My father was kind enough to take it to Nissan CRVi in Pasong Tamo for a check up. The main problem was some rubber hose going to the turbo got torn and the turbo was not building any pressure (which could also explain the lack of power I've been having lately and topping out only at 140kph). They reconnected the hose, cleaned the MAF, replaced the one year old air filter and gave it a run through the CONSULT diagnostic computer.

Result, the Patrol feels brand new. Stupid me for not noticing the decrease in power early on, but the newly re-found power is putting a huge grin on my face everytime I floor the throttle and hear the turbo sing.

Total cost Php3,000.00.

Whew!

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Sir Oted nice to hear that na solve na problem. We have seen that same problem on a regular basis at the shop. Central Diesel has on board diagnostics for Nissan Patrol as well as remanufactured VP44 injection pumps at a much much cheaper price and same warranty as the brandnew.

-----------------------------
    Central Diesel 411-37-11 to 13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HELP:  High Idling 2002 Y61 Patrol GU ZD30 A/T