New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sentra series 3 is a good car.

But it is also getting old (around ten years or older). Aside from the usual wear & tear items, you should look out for the condition of the aircon compressor, especially the bearings & seals because if it is already leaking or starting to fail, it will be expensive to fix and only real long term solution is to replace the entire compressor.

I suggest the Sentra 1.6L Super Saloon or Super Touring model instead of the GTS.

Also Sentra B13 (series2) & B14 (series3) units do not rust. So if you find any evidence of rust on a unit, better walk away and look at another car.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    magsama kayo ng marunong sa sasakyan. ok ang b14 lw maintenance sya.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    thank you po tlga sa lahat ng mga nagpopost.. susundin ko po tlga lahat ng mga sinasabi nyo..

*re:ghosthunter -- mas gusto ko nga po yung super touring kesa sa gts, mas mura pa sya.. tska with the a/c and other problems, naglaan na po ako ng extra 30k budget for them..

what i plan po kase is papalitan ko na po kagad yung mga dapat palitan, para iwas problems na po.. hmm cguro naman po pag pang nightlife ko lang ung car hinde naman cguro sya masisira kagad ule?, kase am sure minsan na minsan ko lang magagamit sa araw yun, kase i really hate traffic tska most of the time tulog po ako sa araw.. i hope tama tong gagawin ko, what do u guys think po?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    top 5 things na dapat mo tignan sa unit bago mo bayaran at iuwi:

1. engine must not overheat while running with aircon on for at least 15 mins.
    2. aircon must blow cold air immediately
    3. engine must sound "pino" or refined. any weird, loud, squeaks or rattles walk away.
    4. pag test drive, wala dapat tunog apart from the swish of the tyres.
    5. hindi dapat mabaho ang interior at yung mga upuan dapat malambot pa at hindi wasak wasak.

everything else, mura na ang pagawa pag lumabas ang problema. maingay na preno? brake pads *650/set. tabinge yung steering wheel? alignment, 500 front and back. etc etc.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet26anne View Post
    *re:ghosthunter -- mas gusto ko nga po yung super touring kesa sa gts, mas mura pa sya..
    Even if you end up buying a Super Saloon, you can still get the Super Touring look by replacing the bumper, grill and sideskirts.

tska with the a/c and other problems, naglaan na po ako ng extra 30k budget for them..
    Hope you find one that was well taken cared of. I would suggest visiting nissan sentra owners forums like http://www.clubnissansentra.tk/ and similar ... they often have members who are selling their beloved rides because of growing family needs, etc.

what i plan po kase is papalitan ko na po kagad yung mga dapat palitan, para iwas problems na po.. hmm cguro naman po pag pang nightlife ko lang ung car hinde naman cguro sya masisira kagad ule?, kase am sure minsan na minsan ko lang magagamit sa araw yun, kase i really hate traffic tska most of the time tulog po ako sa araw.. i hope tama tong gagawin ko, what do u guys think po?
    I hope you find a good car. One thing I would consider is getting the number of a few towing companies just in case you break down with your newly purchased car.

My project sentra (I bought it 2nd hand) broke down a few times during its first few months before I got most of the gremlins out of it.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    happy hunting ...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009

If you have around P 200T budget, try to consider Nissan Exalta STA. Very nice interiors compared to other brands in its class. With sunroof and nice body.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nickriingen View Post

If you have around P 200T budget, try to consider Nissan Exalta STA. Very nice interiors compared to other brands in its class. With sunroof and nice body.
    But with the Nissan Sentra Exalta STA, it's own age is it's problem with all the electric gadgets & switches.

Like the sunroof. It is a nice touch but when it jams or leaks, it is a big headache.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    thank you po tlga sa lahat ng nagpopost.. dami ko po natututunan..

hmmm, regarding nissan sta, masyado kase syang seryoso tingnan, parang hinde bagay sa personality ko, pero d interior is really really nice.. tlgang i like how nissan series 3 looks.. pero i will still listen to ur opinions before i make my final decision.. thank you ghosthunter regarding sa towing , grabe i wasnt aware na those things can happen pala if u havent told me cguro maloloka ako pag nangyare saken yun in d middle of a highway.. and mr.volt thank you din, i will surely tell the mechanic to do those things.. thank you rin sa lahat ng nagrereply, more power sa mga tsikoteers.. this is really a good forum site..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    maki post na rin mga sirs, really need your advice, is this a good buy? TIA

1996 SENTRA SUPER SALOON
    MILAGE: 133000
    ALL POWER
    POWER WINDOW
    POWER STEERING
    POWER SIDE MIRROR
    CENTRAL LOCK
    CUP HOLDER
    NEW ALARM
    NEW BATTERY
    NEW TIRES
    NEW BRAKE PAD
    NEW CAMBER AND WHEEL ALIGNMENT
    NEWLY CHANGE OIL
    NEW OIL FILTER
    NEW C.V.BOOT
    NEW TIEROD END/RACKEND
    139K SLIGHTLY NEGOTIABLE

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
HELP HERE..!! is it still ok to buy nissan series 3?