New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    hi, good day to all poging tsikoteers, it will be my 1st time to buy my own car.. i have browsed over the forums, and i am considering nissan sentra series 3 super saloon, the reason why i like that car is because it is the only one with airbag that fits my budget right now..airbag is really very important to me.. plus i also like how it looks.

guys i really need all ur opinion, is it still ok to buy a 1997 model nissan series 3 super saloon? by the way i will not use it in d day, just only for my nightlife, kase its "dyahe" and i find it risky riding a cab when am wearing a dress..

hope to hear from u guys, ur lil sister here needs u.. thanks in advance
    GOD BLESS YOU ALL

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet26anne View Post
    hi, good day to all poging tsikoteers, it will be my 1st time to buy my own car.. i have browsed over the forums, and i am considering nissan sentra series 3 super saloon, the reason why i like that car is because it is the only one with airbag that fits my budget right now..airbag is really very important to me.. plus i also like how it looks.

guys i really need all ur opinion, is it still ok to buy a 1997 model nissan series 3 super saloon? by the way i will not use it in d day, just only for my nightlife, kase its "dyahe" and i find it risky riding a cab when am wearing a dress..

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
    Welcome to tsikot, sweet26anne!

Just for your information... crash safety goes far more than airbags. If the crumple zone includes the passenger cabin, airbags aren't going to be much help. A car without airbags but with excellent cabin safety is better than a car with all the airbags but has the integrity of a soda can.

And seatbelts are absolutely necessary.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hi, i'm not pogi but i think the sentra series 3 is still a good buy these days.

body design isnt what you will call cutting edge, but overall its a great car. reliable and long lasting.

dont buy the carburetted FE models, malakas ito sa gas. go for fuel injected, simpler to maintain and the gas consumption is just like those of the other 1.6 cars of its generation. that said, do add a little more to your budget and get the exalta series 3 model with the fine leather seats... mura sya ngayon for the amount of accessories it has (real leather seats alone cost 30-50k sa kelseat). maganda yung maraming high priced borloloy sa loob na ganun, kakatuwa and driving a car with those luxury items will never be boring.

matibay ang piyesa ng nissan. downside is that ka-presyo sya ng honda, pero those parts by nissan last so much longer (i should know, i've got 1 honda and 1 nissan).

lastly, buy an automatic, and dont expect to be racing your nissan... its not meant for motorsport in my opinion. its meant for long, relaxing drives, not blasting away from stoplights.

hth.

volts

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    same with sir volts, the exalta isnt so much expensive.

but if the series 3 is the only thing that can fit your budget, i can say that it is a pretty much dependable car. it is, btw, my first car also and i miss it, maganda, matibay and very practical. it will serve your commuting needs perfectly.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Wala akong masabi sa aircon ng Nissan No.1

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Kung gusto mo,habang hindi ka pa nakakabili ng auto gamitin mo muna auto ko..o sama mo ko sa bar na pupuntahan mo.. joke lang...

Okay pa rin naman bumili non..

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcRio View Post
    Kung gusto mo,habang hindi ka pa nakakabili ng auto gamitin mo muna auto ko..o sama mo ko sa bar na pupuntahan mo.. joke lang...

Okay pa rin naman bumili non..
    yun oh!

series 3 is definitely a good buy. cheaper siya sa mga kasabayan niyang modelo na ibang brand. my advise for you is to bring a mechanic or someone who knows nissan cars when checking out/ test driving the car.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    my wife got nissan sentra series 3,super cool aircon panalong panalo!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sweet26anne View Post

GOD BLESS YOU ALL
    Ofcourse its still good to buy it lil sis! Just make sure to check all the necessary points of the car, bring a mechanic or a car guy who know how to check the car's condition. B14 Super Saloon are one of the best sentras ever (next to the B13 IMO). Hanep quality nyan. Then paint natin pink then let's put Hello Kitty decals on it.. hehe.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    thank you po sa lahat ng mga nagreply, try ko din po makahanap ng nissan series 4 super saloon or gts, kase konti lang yata idadagdag ko.. susundin ko po lahat ng mga sinabi nyo.. thanks po tlga sa lahat ng nagpost.. more power to all of you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
HELP HERE..!! is it still ok to buy nissan series 3?