New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Most of you guys think about Nissan locally and not globally. We only have a few of the wide range of products they market globally.

When I think of Nissan, I think of these cars...sad to say our local dealer is not as aggressive in marketing.

GT-R
    370Z
    Pathfinder
    Armada
    Titan
    Maxima

I guess people have also forgotten the great cars that bore the name of the brand - Fairlady Z, 240Z, Sylvia, and Skyline.

If we include Renault and Infiniti, then we are talking of more cars here. Not to mention the racing history that both brands bring into mind.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sachiel View Post
    I think this is a move by the Japanese govt to remove the influence of France from Nissan. Macron wants to take full control of Nissan which of course the Japanese won't allow. The removal of Carlos Ghosn will weaken France's influence hence they investigated heavily to find faults to have a reason to take him out.
    conspiracy theory territory na yan

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by aNthraxx View Post
    Maybe! But then again if he did nothing wrong he wouldn't be in this position.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017D using Tapatalk
    Exactly! If he were clean, then the Japanese won't be able to take him out and France will still be in control. I'm playing conspiracy theorist here but I feel Mitsubishi also has a hand in this. Imagine France having control of both Nissan and Mitsubishi, it's a big slap in the face for the Japanese govt.

I also feel that the diesel scandal of VW is a worse case than under declaring your income. I mean almost all CEO does that but nobody complains about them. Political move plays a larger part here than corporate interest.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Exactly! If he were clean, then the Japanese won't be able to take him out and France will still be in control. I'm playing conspiracy theorist here but I feel Mitsubishi also has a hand in this. Imagine France having control of both Nissan and Mitsubishi, it's a big slap in the face for the Japanese govt.

I also feel that the diesel scandal of VW is a worse case than under declaring your income. I mean almost all CEO does that but nobody complains about them. Political move plays a larger part here than corporate interest.
    I think control is a bit of a stretch, except for Ghosn and Kelly most of the consortium BOD are Japs. Control rests on the BOD, sure the Chairman and CEO can move things around but not without BOD nod.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yup, for others and personally me, it's not a grave offense to warrant an arrest. I don't know Japanese law but it seems this is a grave offense for them to make it as a major crime. If that happened here, we can just pay it off and everything will be back to normal.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Hinanapan ng butas?

Posible.

Daming ganyan sa corporate world.

Dahil gusto ng naghahanap ng butas na ipasok yung "favored one" niya.

Kung di makuha sa isang butas, hahanap at hahanap ng ibang butas, gaano man kaliit.

That's life.

Everyone's after their own interests.

Tough.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Yup, for others and personally me, it's not a grave offense to warrant an arrest. I don't know Japanese law but it seems this is a grave offense for them to make it as a major crime. If that happened here, we can just pay it off and everything will be back to normal.
    Its not only the incorrect disclosure of pay though, there's also this "other mis conduct" which is also a bit evasive on what it really is, adding fuel to conspiracy theories. The Fall of Carlos Ghosn

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    me: the guy's paid 10 M a yr or something... that's not a lot compared to US CEOs

japanese friend: Japanese CEOs only 10% that amount

10. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    me: the guy's paid 10 M a yr or something... that's not a lot compared to US CEOs

japanese friend: Japanese CEOs only 10% that amount
    Kaya pala lugi ang Nissan eh.

Barat.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast