New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Nissan isn't just a Japanese company, it was also one of the original shinko zaibatsu, these conglomerates survived even after World War 2.

The possibility of giving full control of a zaibatsu to a gaijin company might have been too much for the old guard at Nissan.
    Amid the challenge of electrification and falling sales for the auto industry as a whole, I wonder if they'll be able to find a local replacement who can take them through this decade.

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Ghosn already spoke out and said nissan exec's were fearful of losing independence which is why they turned on him. I think most of us suspected this already.

What i didnt expect was he was working on a possible RNM (renault nissan mitsubishi) merger with FCA (fiat chrysler group).

How many brands would that have been? As well as the amount of technology platform sharing to lower R&D?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I hope the alliance between Renault & Nissan survives. If they separate then we will see Nissan close shop within the decade.

Wonder what Ghosn has to say with his ex-colleagues on that press conference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by benchph1 View Post
    I hope the alliance between Renault & Nissan survives. If they separate then we will see Nissan close shop within the decade.

Wonder what Ghosn has to say with his ex-colleagues on that press conference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    if i were him, i wouldn't single out nor mention any name.
    i will simply say, "nissan-the-company".
    bahala na ang nissan execs to battle it out, who he was refering to.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I was saying nga *if* the prosecutors actually had a case against Ghosn, they wouldn't need to hold him for even a month, let alone 13. Derecho na dapat sa korte if they know na panalo sila.
    Tapos solitary pa and 8 hours of interrogation every day. Obvious na they had no case and were trying to break him down so he makes his own guilty plea.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I was saying nga *if* the prosecutors actually had a case against Ghosn, they wouldn't need to hold him for even a month, let alone 13. Derecho na dapat sa korte if they know na panalo sila.
    Tapos solitary pa and 8 hours of interrogation every day. Obvious na they had no case and were trying to break him down so he makes his own guilty plea.
    yes, it would appear so.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Former Nissan CEO Ghosn Was Set Up By Company Executives: Bloomberg | Yahoo! News

According to Bloomberg, Nissan executives launched a "methodical campaign" targeting Ghosn, after he pledged to make the merger of Nissan with Renault SA (OTC: RNSDF) "irreversible" in February 2018.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i feel this would be a very very long protracted legal case. Whenever the Japanese court render a verdict will it affect Ghosn? I mean he is in a country with no extradition. Mag mala Mossad kaya ang Japan at i whisk covertly siya pabalik ng Japan?

Parang corporate suspense espionage drama for gearheads! hehe buhay nga naman.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ghosn’s Arrests Called ‘Extrajudicial Abuse’ by UN Panel - Bloomberg

UN panel sides with Ghosn, criticizes Japanese prosecutors and calls Ghosn's treatment "abuse of the system", and "fundamentally unfair".

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910