New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I was wondering if any Tsikoteers knows a reputable shop that have done this kind of engine swap (with excellent result). Location of the shop can be anywhere in the metropolis.

Much appreciated!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    may makina ka na ba? or bibili ka palang ng makina?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    That's a hard swap. Different chassis generations... so the mounting points and wiring may be completely different. Why do you want a QG?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

sr20det ka nalang...iba mount points ng QG, much more pa ang MR

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    *Boy_tino: I have none yet but I'm also considering of getting the package (engine parts and stuff, & labor) from the shop who's going to do the swap.

*Niky & Alwayz_yummy: My first choice was actually an SR engine but the price of it nowadays seem insane. Maybe its the "trend thing". :D

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    *Boy_tino: I have none yet but I'm also considering of getting the package (engine parts and stuff, & labor) from the shop who's going to do the swap.

*Niky & Alwayz_yummy: My first choice was actually an SR engine but the price of it nowadays seem insane. Maybe its the "trend thing". :D
    The SR doesn't cost that much. And it's popular because it's affordable, strong, robust and upgradeable.

nga pala, wala kang makukuhang QG16/18 locally...either QR20 or QR25 found in the local xtrails..

MR18 is the engine of the livina..

and dont bother looking for HR engines..

kung gusto mo engine na makakagulat sa crowd: find a SR16VE N1 OR SR20VE 2nd gen..

if you're lucky or know an importer, get a SR20VET from a xtrail GT...280 ps 2.0L turbo

...so your best bet is a sr20DE or DET..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    *Niky: I was told that last year, going rate for SR engines are 18 to 20K for the SR20DE, and up to 22K for the SR20VE variants. The last time I inquired, engine alone costs around 50K+ excluding the tranny and axles. So I was advised to prepare at least 75K just for the engine parts.

*alwayz_yummy: Meron daw dumadating na QG18DE from Japan pero bibihira lang. Madami daw ay yong QG15DE. If I'm not mistaken, local Exalta uses QG16DE.

Malabo akong makakakuha ng SR16VE N1 kasi kokonti lang ang mga ito. Mahirap din ang parts if ever magkaroon ng problema. Plus the price would be very impractical for me.

Isip ko tuloy kung salpakan ko na lang ng Toyota engine eh (4EFTE or 4AGE Blacktop) para maging Nissota ang ride ko.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by sid View Post
    *Niky: I was told that last year, going rate for SR engines are 18 to 20K for the SR20DE, and up to 22K for the SR20VE variants. The last time I inquired, engine alone costs around 50K+ excluding the tranny and axles. So I was advised to prepare at least 75K just for the engine parts.

*alwayz_yummy: Meron daw dumadating na QG18DE from Japan pero bibihira lang. Madami daw ay yong QG15DE. If I'm not mistaken, local Exalta uses QG16DE.

Malabo akong makakakuha ng SR16VE N1 kasi kokonti lang ang mga ito. Mahirap din ang parts if ever magkaroon ng problema. Plus the price would be very impractical for me.

Isip ko tuloy kung salpakan ko na lang ng Toyota engine eh (4EFTE or 4AGE Blacktop) para maging Nissota ang ride ko.
    A 4AGE 20V will cost more than an SR20. The older ones won't make as much power, and will require you to extensively modify (essentially trash) the car. An SR20 is a nearly direct bolt-in if you can find the right parts, and can be made to work with your original wiring harness and instrument gauges.

The QG16 will require a lot of modification to the harness and mounts, and will likely not work with your original instrument panel... a QG16 won't be much more powerful than the best GA16DE you can put in... might just be a difference of 5 horses or so.

If you're swapping for power, it's no contest... the SR20 is the way to go. If you're swapping for economy, there's no point, really, unless you've got a carbureted GA... and from there, it's simply cheaper to swap in a newer EFI GA.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Had a SR20VE swap on my B13 and so far I've spent 90k or more. I'll post feedbacks when the project is done.

Engine Swap: from GA16DNE to QG18DE/QG16DE