New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Nissan Sentra Series 3 (USED)

guys, help me naman on how to defend the car that i want, kasi my parents would buy me a car. pero kung ano-ano suggestions nila na ayaw ko naman in short, sila namimili para sakin. ano kaya pwede ko sabihin na ma convince na ok naman ang nissan sentra series 3 . sinasabi nila na mabigat daw masyado ang sentra (sa parts, fuel consumption at kung ano-ano pa) ang alam lang nila is TOYOTA lang ang tipid. hayyyyy

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    aircon lamig!

naka-timing chain (not sure though if all engine displacements)

multi-link beam suspension

gusto ko diyan sa series 3 yung mga unang labas eh yung 3rd brake light nasa trunk cover nakalagay

sa parts, it all boils down to info on where to source it... eastern part ako ng metro may suki akong bilihan ng nissan parts sa nisway (selling OEM and replacement)

kung yan talaga gusto mo, ipaglaban mo. ikaw ang gagamit hindi naman sila

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    ^

hehe.. lapit kami sa banawe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sa parts sabi ng mekaniko ko, although mura ang parts nga ng toyota, pero mas matibay naman ang parts ng Nissan kumbaga less downtime.

Sabihin mo di pde ang SR20DET na makina sa Toyota!!!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sn0wbLind View Post
    Nissan Sentra Series 3 (USED)

guys, help me naman on how to defend the car that i want, kasi my parents would buy me a car. pero kung ano-ano suggestions nila na ayaw ko naman in short, sila namimili para sakin. ano kaya pwede ko sabihin na ma convince na ok naman ang nissan sentra series 3 . sinasabi nila na mabigat daw masyado ang sentra (sa parts, fuel consumption at kung ano-ano pa) ang alam lang nila is TOYOTA lang ang tipid. hayyyyy

For the same year model...

weight of cars: roughly the same.
    fuel consumption: roughly the same
    cost of parts: same
    availability: roughly same, especially oem parts and surplus

advantage of sentra, for the same year/model as corolla, cheaper to buy, timing chain in engine, nearly indestructable engine.

if your parents are looking at corolla ae111, tell them the rear seats are very cramp, no legroom, small trunk, brakes easy to overheat.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    thanks guys!! haha. gusto nga nila yun big body corolla. mas gusto ko pa yun boxtype na corolla keysa dun eh..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    NO, I CANNOT!
    piece of advice:
    it's the golden rule! he who has the gold, makes the rules!
    since they're the one doing the spending and most probably also the maintaining, then i suggest you bow to their wishes.
    besides, these two cars, to me, do even out in the long run...
    let me tell you: if you manage to get your sentra, kahit flat tire lang ay kasalaman mo yan.. hindi ka mananalo.. you'll never hear the end of it!
    matanong ko naman... do you really have something solid against the toyota? is it possible you're just as "hard-headed" as your pop? heh heh.
    and don't get me wrong.. i own a series 3. and i tell you, driving a toyota isn't fatal, either.
    when you can afford to buy a car with your own money and live under your own house, that's the time you buy the car of your dreams.
    Last edited by dr. d; May 2nd, 2011 at 12:47 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    medyo mahirap yan... siguro kung ako yan, sabihin ko...

mas aalagaan at mamahalin ko yung oto na gustong gusto ko.

mahirap kasi defend objectively lalo na kung toyota fanatic sila. maybe tap on their emotional side to have a chance to get the car you like.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *dr.d

ang sakin lang naman sir eh gusto ko po yun mamahalin at aalagan ko na kotse tama si archie123456789. and graduation gift po nila sakin yun ok lang naman siguro kung pumili ako ng gusto ko and pag nagkawork na ko ako na din bahala dun sa car.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    NO, I CANNOT!
    piece of advice:
    it's the golden rule! he who has the gold, makes the rules!
    since they're the one doing the spending and most probably also the maintaining, then i suggest you bow to their wishes.
    besides, these two cars, to me, do even out in the long run...
    let me tell you: if you manage to get your sentra, kahit flat tire lang ay kasalaman mo yan.. hindi ka mananalo.. you'll never hear the end of it!
    matanong ko naman... do you really have something solid against the toyota? is it possible you're just as "hard-headed" as your pop? heh heh.
    and don't get me wrong.. i own a series 3. and i tell you, driving a toyota isn't fatal, either.
    when you can afford to buy a car with your own money and live under your own house, that's the time you buy the car of your dreams.
    Aruy! Natamaan ako dun ah! :bwahaha:

Para saken, either way, panalo ka diyan. Atleast bibilhan ka ng kotse! Hehe.

Dati rin kasi I wanted the all new Lancer EX for my graduation gift, 2008 nun eh (a year after I graduated HS ). But my dad gave me his 2007 GLS Strada instead. At first I was disappointed, but here I am now, loving my ride. Hehe.
    Last edited by beni23; May 2nd, 2011 at 02:37 AM. Reason: 2008 pala yun.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Can you help me to defend the car that i want?