New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    downshifting = free
    Not necessarily. It makes the car consume more gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Niky's method = exceeds 20% of the remaining value of the car.

Niky's method + Niky = exceeds 200% of the original value of the car.

More like 10%.

Anyway, even if I spend that amount, as long as it gives me some improvement in FC it will pay itself back eventually. Payback of a 10% increase would payback in about two years or so. Plus it would be a good "value proposition" when I sell the car sometime down the road.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Dude, trust me, I've sold modified cars... the only value proposition in a modified car is that you can remove the modifications and sell them separately. Not many people will pay more for a modified car, and the extra that they're willing to pay will not cover the cost of the modification itself. And that's as long as it's all name-brand mods. "Cheap" mods just detract from the car's value... so if you do get something, make sure it's reversible (keep your stock exhaust and intake parts in the garage).

Only sure way to really save on gas is an LPG conversion (or an E85 conersion, but I don't know if the QG-series engine is E85 compatible ).

That way, even if you have to downshift and use more fuel for extra power, that fuel will cost less.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    100% lang naman...
    agree!
    10% machine, 90% driver.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Any way to boost power for 2003 Sentra 1.3L AT?