New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I was hoping theyd bring the diesel engine here but nope. At least they brought the safety package that will force others to bring theirs too.

https://www.autoindustriya.com/auto-...ilippines.html

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    What is the diesel engine of this x-trail? Is it similar to the cr-v?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    The current diesel engine offered in the EU is a 2.0L with 175 hp/380 Nm. Not offered here though. The local 2018 X-trail still has the old QR25DE 2.5L NA gas engine.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I just checked the local Nissan website for the specs and i want to confirm if they really have only 2 airbags for both variants even the TOTL 4x4?
    They put tons of Active safety features and maybe forgot about the Passive ones.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    The current diesel engine offered in the EU is a 2.0L with 175 hp/380 Nm. Not offered here though. The local 2018 X-trail still has the old QR25DE 2.5L NA gas engine.
    Isn't that the diesel engine offered for the older x-trail? The new one, i think, is smaller than that 2.0.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    Isn't that the diesel engine offered for the older x-trail? The new one, i think, is smaller than that 2.0.
    The 177hp 2.0L diesel is the newer one, announced only last year in Europe.

Nissan X-Trail 2.-litre diesel: bigger engine, bigger adventures - Nissan Newsroom UK

They released a more powerful engine because people complained of the 1.6L's pedestrian performance.

Don't know why they went the opposite direction though. With the bigger engine the front will be heavier for sure. Honda went smaller from their own older 2.2L diesel to a much lighter 1.6L with twin turbos.

Edit: I think you may be right, the 2.0 may be an older engine that was just tweaked to get more power. The older 2.0 had 150 hp. Nissan news article says the engine is "new" though.
    Last edited by Wh1stl3r; September 22nd, 2017 at 10:53 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    The 177hp 2.0L diesel is the newer one, announced only last year in Europe.

Nissan X-Trail 2.-litre diesel: bigger engine, bigger adventures - Nissan Newsroom UK

They released a more powerful engine because people complained of the 1.6L's pedestrian performance.

Don't know why they went the opposite direction though. With the bigger engine the front will be heavier for sure. Honda went smaller from their own older 2.2L diesel to a much lighter 1.6L with twin turbos.

Edit: I think you may be right, the 2.0 may be an older engine that was just tweaked to get more power. The older 2.0 had 150 hp. Nissan news article says the engine is "new" though.
    Yes. I think the new x-trail has a 1.6l diesel engine too, similar to the cr-v. The 2.0l was for the previous model it replaces.

Personally, for cuvs and ppvs, i prefer crdi engines that have displacement of at least 2000cc because smaller than that, even if it's powerful, the engine might be more stressed to carry a body that is heavy like that compared to a bigger motor that sometimes can only pump out lesser hp and torque. However, if that body is as small as the accent or juke, then that small displacement is ideal for it's size.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Car sites are consistent with Nissan's press release though, that the 2.0L is the "newer" engine.

Nissan X-Trail 2. diesel 217 review | Auto Express

Access Denied

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Car sites are consistent with Nissan's press release though, that the 2.0L is the "newer" engine.

Nissan X-Trail 2. diesel 217 review | Auto Express

Access Denied
    Then that's a nice thing to hear. The 2.0l is still a lot better than the 1.6l.

Pardon for the confusion but i don't know why does it state here that the only available diesel for the new x-trail is a 1.6l motor.

Nissan X-Trail - Wikipedia

That's why i couldn't think that there is still the diesel 2.0l for the new x-trail, after all.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Current variants and pricing (as of Sept 15, 2017):

• Nissan X-Trail 2.0 4x2 - ₱1,399,000
    • Nissan X-Trail 2.5 4x4 - ₱1,728,000

Colors: Premium Corona Orange, Marine Blue, Pearl White, Gun Metallic, and Diamond Black.

All units, afaik, are CBU Japan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast