New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by petixs View Post
    While this segment is competitive, it aint profitable no more, and dwindling car sales and increasing SUV, mini suv sales is the proof of that.

at the TOTL versions licking in at 1.1M and 1.2M sometimes its no brainer to buy SUV's or buy a level below tthe slot, hence the astronimical sales of the VIOS, with I think a year to date of 24,000 units(?). heck even Mitsubishi's 1.2 G4Mirage is battling it out with the Honda city, buts thats another story.

The only way the Sylphy to get going is NML PH to do a blitz like HARI did in its early years.... undercut the rivals in pricing and kit it nicely.
    That's exactly what they did. The TOTL 2015 sylphy was priced at less than 1M, undercutting its rivals. I wonder how much they will price the 2016 model and what changes they will bring in for the Philippines.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    I'm planning to buy my first car soon. However, i'm really torn between my options, Corolla Altis 1.6V, Nissan Sylphy 1.8v and Honda City VX. All are current models.

I am considering the following:

1. We are 6 in the family, one of which is a 6 yr. old girl. I was actually thinking of a Fortuner, but it's too much for my budget and I don't think all of us will ride the car most of the time. So I'm considering a sedan.

2. I want to call it as my personal car.

3. I want to use the car for adventures, if possible.

4. Fuel efficiency

5. Looks and comfortable ride

6. Maintenance costs

I am considering Altis as my top choice but it seems that it lack technology inside. That's why I also considered the Sylphy 1.8 variant. It has all the specs! But my problem is, can i use the looks and presence of the Sylphy in going to Baguio or for adventures? Coz, it seems that it looks more of a professional car (i am actually a professional). Also, I don't have ideas on the parts prices of Nissan and how frequent should the pms be.

I considered Honda City VX since it has a lot of tech features.

Help me please!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    You are 6 in the family and wants some adventure, a sedan won't fit your wants and needs.

Buy an Innova, it's the best fit for you.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ebgozun View Post
    I'm planning to buy my first car soon. However, i'm really torn between my options, Corolla Altis 1.6V, Nissan Sylphy 1.8v and Honda City VX. All are current models.

I am considering the following:

1. We are 6 in the family, one of which is a 6 yr. old girl. I was actually thinking of a Fortuner, but it's too much for my budget and I don't think all of us will ride the car most of the time. So I'm considering a sedan.

2. I want to call it as my personal car.

3. I want to use the car for adventures, if possible.

4. Fuel efficiency

5. Looks and comfortable ride

6. Maintenance costs

I am considering Altis as my top choice but it seems that it lack technology inside. That's why I also considered the Sylphy 1.8 variant. It has all the specs! But my problem is, can i use the looks and presence of the Sylphy in going to Baguio or for adventures? Coz, it seems that it looks more of a professional car (i am actually a professional). Also, I don't have ideas on the parts prices of Nissan and how frequent should the pms be.

I considered Honda City VX since it has a lot of tech features.

Help me please!
    a family of 6 won't fit comfortably in most sedans, including the sylphy. and most families only get bigger with time, in number as well as in size and weight.
    and... errr... what adventures do you mean, sir?
    ...seems to me you need something more... an innova perhaps? a mobilio..?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ all this talk makes me wonder how we were able to move around in relative comfort in an 80's sized sedan back in the day

i guess not having any other option all those years was a blessing in a round about sort of way

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    a family of 6 won't fit comfortably in most sedans, including the sylphy. and most families only get bigger with time, in number as well as in size and weight.
    and... errr... what adventures do you mean, sir?
    ...seems to me you need something more... an innova perhaps? a mobilio..?
    I agree. Lima kami sa family and medyo tight squeeze na sa altis. Compact din yung slyphy so d nalalayo yung space. All adults though. Prone sa sayad din pag loaded kasi malambot suspension at mahaba overhangs so if you are thinking baguio or sagada and the likes na adventure, medyo uncomfortable na yun for the passengers kung anim kayo. Kahit sa driver, lagi kang magmemenor. Best nga yung auv or mpv sa purposes mo. Consider mo yung mga ertiga, innova, and the likes. D kasing porma pero mas suitable sa needs mo.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Haha.. I will just revise my statement. Actually, I can say that the car will only be at full blast (all of us 6 inside) for just once or twice a year. Usually during groceries for holidays. Major uses will be:

1. service of my daughter to and from school.

2. Service of my dad whenever he goes out for a check up.

3. Mom's use for her meetings.

4. Personal use for a week every month from Pampanga to Manila.

I plan to leave it in the province since Im working in Makati. Pero plan ko rin to use it kahit one week a month. Advice ko nga sa family ko is hndi naman mapupuno ung loob kasi ung mga purposes ko is hndi nman at the same time.

Then for the adventure thing, ito nalang ask ko. Pwede bang pang akyat mga yan Baguio?

8. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    I really love the Altis. But everytime i think that it lacks tech inside, napapaisip ako to go for the Sylphy.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Consider this - people will spend more time inside so its best ma i provide mo ung comforts. Baka tiis ganda ka sa altis nyan. Altho, nagagandahan din talaga ako sa auto na yun. Preferences nalang.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Haha! Wala ba kau alam na group where in nagsama sama ang mga Sylphy users?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast