New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    i'm considering getting a used cefiro, but it's been difficult getting information on it.

any help and info would be appreciated.

what are the important differences between year models? 99-02?
    most of the 2000 models i've seen have around 70k kms, any problems i should be aware of at this stage of its life?
    any particular trouble spots i should be aware of in general?
    where would be a good place to get it serviced?
    how much should i be looking to pay?
    what are the specs on its engine?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm dapat sa Car Talk to pre, pa move nalang mga mods...

AFAIK trim variants lang naiba, cosmetic and not engine/drivetrain related.

If you're seriously shopping for one, and really like it na, i suggest you bite the bullet and spend P500 bucks to get it scanned at a dealership using their CONSULT II scanner para alam mo kung may tama mga sensors coz mahal yun.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    check the suspension particularly bushings and balljoints. may kalampag na yan sa 70k kms.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    sorry about the wrong forum section, nahihilo ako sa mga section...

one more thing, the 2000 phil model is still a32?
    ty.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    bad experience ako sa 99'Cefiro..

Needed to have the engine overhauled. Maybe because i used it too much to go up north.

Tapos mejo nagkaka "Tok" sound siya, the suspension and the ball joins are an issue.
    Why not get an Accord? I had both at the same time. And the Accord gave me close to no pocket pains(Clutch lang nasira sa akin) Sirain ung Cefiro ko.(Suspension, Overhauled Engine,Foglamps parating pundido,etc.. the list goes on) Maybe the unit i got was a lemon lang talaga..

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    2000 cefiro is A33 afaik

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A32 lang ata, A33 yung 03 model na na local diba? Although yung 03 sa Taiwan/Jap/HK ibang iba na

8. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    ilan na tinakbo ng 99 cefiro in question?
    what kind of tok sound was it? mechanical ba or body related?
    cost of getting 00 cefiro and 00 accord as much as 50k difference, and i need the space of the cefiro. but i am still considering both accord and camry, although leaning more towads cefiro talaga. will take your experience into consideration, ty.

Quote Originally Posted by bougartt

Needed to have the engine overhauled. Maybe because i used it too much to go up north.

Tapos mejo nagkaka "Tok" sound siya, the suspension and the ball joins are an issue.
    Why not get an Accord? I had both at the same time. And the Accord gave me close to no pocket pains(Clutch lang nasira sa akin) Sirain ung Cefiro ko.(Suspension, Overhauled Engine,Foglamps parating pundido,etc.. the list goes on) Maybe the unit i got was a lemon lang talaga..

9. Join Date
    Sep 2002
    what are the changes from a32 - a33?

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt

What Accord model is this? IIRC, the first ones sold here (EXi and 2.2 VTi, forgot the code) also had a handful of suspension problems. One visible issue is the occasionally low rear end. I may be somehow wrong, but the VTi my friend used to have had a lot of rattles underneath, which is probably why he sold it at 100K less than its actual value.

As for the Cefiro, its price is really tempting, just slightly higher than an EK Civic VTi, but given the problems some of you guys pointed out, think twice before buying one.

2000 cefiro