New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fabilioh View Post
    thanks sir, was there a way to upgrade/improve the braking system?
    they said you can replace the brake master cylinder with the one of the patrol safari series. haven't tried it though. pero so far i find the brakes adequate naman. just don't compare it to a sedan. and if you get a diesel, your problem would be how to make it go faster rather than slowing it down.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    they said you can replace the brake master cylinder with the one of the patrol safari series. haven't tried it though. pero so far i find the brakes adequate naman. just don't compare it to a sedan. and if you get a diesel, your problem would be how to make it go faster rather than slowing it down.

oo nga mas mahirap nga yun

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fabilioh View Post
    to all the proud terrano owners,

I'm thinking of getting one as well because of the good reviews. Is it possible to install side facing seats( ala fx) at the rear, kahit maliit lang, like one person on each side for the household help, etc. to maximize passenger capacity?

thanks
    Kaya yan kung Benz and BMW styled 3rd seats - low ceiling lahat yun. Just get a good upholsterer. Why get 3rd seats though? The terrano is a real sports truck not a van. Check this out:

http://4x4ph.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28284

As for the brakes, my brakes on my 2 terranos are very strong and more than adequate. The brake assembly such as lines, master cylinders and hydroback, disc rotors, disc calipers are all stock and have never been replaced. I only use bendix pads (P850 for the front set). I tried P350 replacement pads and they are very very weak feeling mo ma-aksidente ka talaga - i threw them away after 1 week and got the bendix pads - well, you get what you pay for.

Super sulit ang terrano. Di ka magsisisi. Just get local UMC released models and stay away from subic terranos.

Why a Nissan Terrano over every other SUV?

1.The Nissan Terrano is the most fuel efficient diesel SUV in the market doing 8-10kml. More economical than a: Vitara, Jimny, Feroza, Pajero, Outlander, CRV, RAV4, Land Cruiser, Trooper, Patrol, Range Rover. Off road capability + crash confidence + fuel economy. At P41/liter that is only around P5 pesos per kilometer just like a Honda civic lxi – saan ka pa?.

2.Smokeless engine and powerful engine performance Nissan is known for

3.Very tough suspension. Walang kalampag kahit konti.

4.Only SUV with a rear center arm link for cornering stability against rollovers

5. Super cold AC. Better AC than a Toyota, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Isuzu, Honda, Land Rover SUV. Turn it on and FREEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!!!!!!

6.Uses a steel unbreakable timing gear – not rubber timing belt or linked timing chain which can snap under pressure. Has a nice whining sound like my Honda CBR.

7.Drives and parks like a car and does not feel like a chunky SUV

8.Not noisy like an Isuzu diesel

9.Does not overheat like a Toyota diesel

10.Not a smokey squid like a Mitsubishi diesel

11.This SUV goes to places heavier and clunkier pajeros, patrols and troopers cannot go to.

12.Better option than an adventure, crosswind, revo for the same price.

13. Cheap parts. I mean they cost a bit more than toyota corolla parts but still super cheap. What is P50 -P150 more for suspension parts that are 10%-20% bigger in size than other SUVs brands. Kaya nga mas mahal ng konti kasi mas matibay. Tipid ka in labor for replacing quickly worn out smaller designed parts in the long run.

14. the swing out tire design has much better impact resistance than a rear door mounted tire. Lesser rear collision damage. You can mount several mountain bikes on that swing arm.

15. I love the rear window hatch access. I can load stuff in the back even if someone parks closely behind me. I doubt if you can do that to the rear swing out doors of a pajero, trooper, etc.

This is the perfect Philippine SUV

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    corek! wala akong reklamo sa terrano ko noon.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my kumpare owns a 1999 Terrano Executive Gas. it averages 4 kpl lang daw.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Just got a 96terrano. I want to replace the shocks. Any recommendations?

I notice that when you operate the rear wiper it hits the glass handle. Whats the cure on this?

Also where is a good place to shop for parts?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by erl919 View Post
    Just got a 96terrano. I want to replace the shocks. Any recommendations?

I notice that when you operate the rear wiper it hits the glass handle. Whats the cure on this?

Also where is a good place to shop for parts?
    hi erl919,

I haven't replaced mine but KYB is a good brand and relatively cheap.

Maybe your wiper blade is too long. Try looking for a shorter or stock size.

I usually get parts at young bros. and yen commercial in banawe.

HTH

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    You can try calling them first...

Youngbros. - 7324886 7324657

Or try Nissan Parts Center 7320450 732 0457

Basta dont forget to ask around the others... Madami pang iba e. Basta all in between E.Rodriguez and Quezon Avenue.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    hi mga sir, meron na bang nagpa-convert ng TERRANO Z24 gas engine to LPG? Pwede bang humingi ng feedbacks? Thanks

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantal View Post
    hi mga sir, meron na bang nagpa-convert ng TERRANO Z24 gas engine to LPG? Pwede bang humingi ng feedbacks? Thanks
    sir there have been a few conversions already. try visiting www.4x4ph.com/forums and check the Terrano/Pathfinder/Frontier Unified Club section. meron pang nagpost ng pics ng conversion nya na instead of internal yung lpg tank, nasa labas sya, kung san yung original fuel tank. HTH

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
1998-1999 Nissan Terrano Owners(Question)