New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Raider is a little different from most bikes in that it actually has a tachometer... the speedometer is a digital gauge under it. It has a full digital fuel gauge but I don't remember if it has an oil temp gauge or idiot light... since it's oil cooled, it doesn't need a water temp gauge.

For me, ma-porma yung Raider... especially if you pony up for a new one in Metallic gray or black. And yes, they're bloody quick for a scooter (should do 0-100 in 8 seconds, but since I can't plug the V-Box into one, I don't really know), and they have a lot of midrange grunt... for a bike.

None of the 125 - 150 cc bikes really look small.

As long as you're alert and safety conscious, yes, it's manageable. A bit heavy compared to 100ccs, but manageable.

Lots of groups do long distance runs to Tagaytay and up North... but your biggest obstacle is the scooter ban on highways... which is a good thing... with the road conditions and drivers on the SLEX, you don't really want to be driving a two-wheeled vehicle there, no matter how powerful it is.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post

kaya ba sa malayuan takbuhan mga ganitong bikes (example manila to bulacan or karuhatan to cabanatuan) pero i have no plans of doing this--kokotse nalang ako pag provincial,e..
    of course. my officemate goes to bicol (cam sur) during holidays using his honda dream.

masmabili parin sa highway than sideways,e.. kaya kung sakali magkamotor ako at iuuwi ko ng province--isasakay ko nalng sa trak namin...

paaralan ko tong mabuti din...iba ang makina ng raider150 than those other 150cc na pang-trike na motor kahit parehong 4-stroke sila noh?

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    dami ko kasing concerns iniisip,e...

1. i want na almost close to a car's standard instrumentation: water, fuel, tach and speedo guages are present

Fuel gauge and Speedometer are usually present even to the cheapest bike available.

2. di common or just like ng maxima ko--a step higher..at siyempre maporma--kahit di ko bilisan, alam na mabilis yung sasakyan..

Porma is according to your taste. Other peeps prefer a sporty, vintage, modern or a retro looking bike.

3. wont look small when i ride on it: feeling ko kasi, nagiging "pocket bike" and 110cc below na underbone--laki ko kasing tao,e...

Try to ride a MaxiScoot like Piaggio X9, Dink, etc. It has enough storage and some car-like amenities.

so kung may enough practice ako, kahit raider150, at very to light lang ako sa twisting ng accelerator, i could manage it, right?

If you don't know how to ride a bicycle then forget about it.

malayo ba ang difference in consumption or average diffence kaya ng 100cc to 110cc to 125cc to 135cc to 150cc?

Nope.

kaya ba sa malayuan takbuhan mga ganitong bikes (example manila to bulacan or karuhatan to cabanatuan) pero i have no plans of doing this--kokotse nalang ako pag provincial,e..

Kayang-kaya.
    The next question is....how much is your budget? With all the specs you want, IMO, you need an approx Php400K for your scoot.

Piaggio X9
    http://www.piaggiousa.com/pScooters/X9.cfm

• Featuring 39 bhp and a top speed of 98 mph, the X9 Evolution 500's
    electronic injection engine exceeds EPA & CARB environmental regulations.
    • Three disc brakes in a linked braking system to make stopping safer
    • Analog and digital instrumentation panel with an exclusive on board
    computer
    • Windscreen adjustable to three different positions
    • Large underseat compartment for a full-face helmet and an open face
    helmet or a briefcase
    • A 12V socket to recharge your mobile phone and a foldaway seat cover

ganda presyong alto nga lang...mahal talaga scoot noh?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    You should decide first wether you gonna go the underbone route, scooter, moto or big bike..

Personally for a newbie i would suggest trying out a "small scooter" mala honda dio... mura lang naman mga ito, masarap gamitn pag jan jan lang.. tsaka mo marealize kung gusto mo pa ng more power... kung malaki/malapd na tao, again i would personally suggest a maxi scoot, dink, joyride, X9, majesty etc.. ONLY if you think that twist and go operation is more to your liking. Others kasi want a more controlled handling kaya gusto nila manual transmission..

Anyway, pag sawa ka na sa small scoot marealize mo na rin if you wanna upgrade to motocross, bigbikes or fast underbones.

safety tip... upgrade your skills first before upgrading to bigger displacements. Some people want to go big CC's fast.. only to realize they cannot handle em the way they are intended for.. mas masaya pa sila sa smaller displacements.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    i am no expert in MCs but i think things are different in a riders eyes

since youve been a cager and basically knows the principle of clutching or MT yakang yaka mo na manual clutch na MC same principles are used medyo kailngan mo lng maging accustomed sa parts ng mc like

your hands will be the ones to be used to make the shift work..

bali ung imbes na tatapak ka sa clutch sa mc kamay mo pipiga sa clutch,tpos paa mo ung kakambyo since ung shifter e asa paa..

Well
    ako siguro iba...i advice you to start sa manual..parang sa auto kpag maruniong ka mag MT sisiw na AT...

Plus believe me the need for speed and a higher displacement bike will sink in as soon as youve learned...

Regarding in choosing your bike..choose a bike that will suit your needs...

and Raider well kaya unti meron not because it is powerful and mhrap dalhin....Main reason is MAHAL siya for a UB it will cost you around 90k more or less....

pero mind you tama sla raider R150 or raider jr are really powerful bikes...

Regarding sa gs2 mong bikes Sniper ba un At X1
    both are REALLY gOOd bikes as in smooth na smooth...

LAstLy AND the MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL

When riding any MC may it be a scoot or a big bike...WEAR A GOOD HELMEt and weaR Protective gear ride safe xmpre..

Pero xmpre ride at your own pace..

at nga pla 400k sa scoot?mahal..
    pero kung gn2 budget mo bili ka isa scoot at CBR tpos isang UB tpos praktis ka sa scoot sa ub tpos pag sanay punta ka sa mga tambayan gamit cbr mo.hehehhe

UUnga pla un wave,xrm my ubox or compartment kasya half face helmet at sapatos at maliit na anik anik...heheheh

well some may not agree with my opinion..
    IMHO lng aman ito....

tpos alam ko my honda riding academy...enroll ka dun if you want..heheh

well kung talagang decided kna mag MC Browse ka sa MCP forums
    we could assist you ...Dun lahat nag momotot...hehehe

plus the highr CC more power...more gas...heheh
    Last edited by zeus17; January 6th, 2008 at 03:43 AM. Reason: may gustong idagdag

un nga,e.. well, after looking at some models, parang type ko yung nuovo--mas malaki compartment, scooter-type na UB..full auto ika nga. malaki pa headlight.

gwapo at maangas kasi ang raider..tama ka dun mahal nga raider for a UB--unlike wave and xrm...

ok kaya nouvo or mio na ganito:

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    ok pareho, pero mas type ko mio. cute kasi afaik meron labas ang sym or kymco a lot cheaper than mio.

tibay ba yung kymco and/or SYM--yamaha kasi e, may pangalan..mahal lang daw piyesa ng yamaha,e...(totoo ba yun)

(nakow parang toyota, honda, mitsubishi vs chery, hyundai, kia, deawoo...este..chevrolet pala)

after watching american chopper kanina, ok naman pala scooter,a--kaya naman pala pang malayuan at di naman pala ganun kasagwa tignan pag sinakyan na...knowing na mas malaking tao sila than me..
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; January 6th, 2008 at 07:57 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
what is and how hard to drive your 1st MC?