New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    as asked....by a "would be" newbie

how hard it is? is having a background in bicycle driving helps in driving a scooter?

as a would be 1st time MC driver, aside from getting a scooter, woul be an underbone with automatic clutch or with a hand clutch be easy enough for me to handle..

would a 100cc scoot / underbone carry me around despite the fact i weigh as much as the scoot/underbone itself? or better yet i'll get a 125 or 150cc?

what can you suggest i'll get? parang maganda yung yama x1 or sniper...ok din ba ang raider? or just stick to the common wave and xrm nalang...

di ko na tatanung ang quad--kasi parang kotse na din siguro yun i-drive...

salamats...

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i am not an MC expert. in fact i am an MC newbie. mga 2 weeks pa lang sa amin yung MC. second hand lang.

share ko lang yung experience ko. baka makatulong

Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    as asked....by a "would be" newbie

how hard it is? is having a background in bicycle driving helps in driving a scooter?

you should definitely know how to ride a bicycle to be able to learn how to drive an MC. both have two wheels so you should know how to balance it while it is moving. learning the bicycle, imho, is easier because it is lighter though you have to power it urself for it to move.

so to answer the 1st question, driving an MC is similar to riding a bicycle. if it is easy for you to ride the bicycle, it would probably also easy for you to drive the MC.

as a would be 1st time MC driver, aside from getting a scooter, woul be an underbone with automatic clutch or with a hand clutch be easy enough for me to handle..

automatic clutch is more convenient and probably easier to drive for newbies like us. although if you know how to drive a manual transmission car, you'll have an idea how to drive an MC with hand clutch. konting adjustment lang sa coordination ng left and right hand.

would a 100cc scoot / underbone carry me around despite the fact i weigh as much as the scoot/underbone itself? or better yet i'll get a 125 or 150cc?

i've seen a lot of big people abusing small scooters without them encountering any problems with their scoot.

if a 150cc business type MC can haul a metal side car with at least 5 people inside (ganyan sito sa province) plus some baggages from the public market, i dont see any problem in a 100cc scoot carrrying a giant. :d

what can you suggest i'll get? parang maganda yung yama x1 or sniper...ok din ba ang raider? or just stick to the common wave and xrm nalang...

i have a wave 125 kasi sa honda dealer nag work kumpare ko. pero based sa looks, ok din yung raider (mukang pormado na). ok din yung yamaha kasi mejo iba siya sa generic look ng scooter ngayon. raider and yamaha MC, i heard are more expensive than honda.

afaik, xrm and raider have hand clutches.

di ko na tatanung ang quad--kasi parang kotse na din siguro yun i-drive...

buti na lang. i know nothing about quads. :D

salamats...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    of course...background in bicycle driving is really a great help in driving a motorized bike. the balance is already there.

the best way for a newbie is to have a scooter for his first bike. just twist and go. pag medyo di ka na nalilito pwede ka na sa may manual clutch. kung nahihirapan ka pa rin, sa automatic clutch ka muna. but, if you have all the guts you can go straight for a manual clutch kahit first time mo pa lang mag-bike...off course you need a good teacher!

100cc is more than enough to carry you!

dont go for a raider 150 (the one with manual clutch) mahirap dalhin to para sa mga baguhan! this is a very powerful bike, mind you!

quad is for off-road.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    afaik, xrm and raider have hand clutches.
    both xrm110 & xrm125 have automatic clutch...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's best to start with a simple bike, like a Honda Wave with the automatic clutch... and it'll be slow enough to allow you to become acclimatized with scooter riding.

Bigger bikes, in the 125-150cc range, like the XRM or Raider, aren't especially difficult to ride, given some practice, but the speeds such bikes as the Raider are capable of (compared to your regular 60-80 km/h scooter, 120-140 km/h is scorching...) are dangerous for reckless and inexperienced riders. Personally, I can't see myself using the Raider's full revs (11,000 rpm plus, dear Lord) anywhere but on a deserted six-lane wide road. Driving a sequential manual like the Raider's isn't difficult if you understand how a clutch works... it just takes a little practice to learn how to use the hand clutch and foot-shifter.

I'm not a regular rider myself (I ride, like... once every six months?), but I have no problem getting on an automatic scoot and getting on the road... you just have to careful and mindful of the traffic around you.
    Last edited by niky; January 5th, 2008 at 04:44 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

manual naman kotse ko, nakakapagdrive na ako ng scooter..pero yung mga underbone na auto clutch di pa..so kung papractisan ko lang muna yung raider 110 ng bayaw ko, kahit 1st gear lang, somehow makakaya ba ko yun at matututo ko dun?

lakas ba talaga sipa ng raider 150?--front & rear disk brakes na talaga ba mga yun at puros hand clutch lang?ganda pa ng guage...pero pwede dun muna ako aral sa raider ni bayaw then pag kaya ko na or stable na pwede na ko dumirecho sa raider 150?

mas lalo siguro di ako pwede sa mga 250cc up bikes...

anywayz, kung yamaha x-1 na auto clutch--ok na din ba?

nga pala, how would i monitor kung overheating na yung makina?? wala naman temp guage,e.. at paano shifting, nalalagyan ba ng tachmeter? sana ko tumingin ng tachmeter e...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    malakas talaga ang raider 150. iiwanan nito ang honda cbr150 sa drag race or even a 2.5 pajero. for a first timer di madali dalhin to...but since you can drive a cage you know the principle of clutching...but never forget...sa 4 wheels wala kang tumba...sa bike...oh no!

big bikes are heavy. kung maikli at di ganun kalakas ang paa mo baka di mo kakayanin.

may mga bikes na may tacho na...you can install aftermarkets dun sa wala.mahirap yun tingin ng tingin sa tacho...even a small stone on the road can cause you catastrophe...
    Last edited by jazcker; January 5th, 2008 at 05:13 PM.

un nga.. may basic briefing na ako to drive 2 wheelies...hehehe..ganun kalakas yung raider 150! kaya pala iilan lang sa cabanatuan meron nun, di pala biro MC na yun..

raider 110 lang sa bayaw ko,e...tatakot ako baka matumba ko,e... or dahil lang kasi di sa akin yun bike kaya ako nagaalangan...

teka, wala bang underbone na may malaki-laking cubby hole?? or scooters/big scooters lang may privilage of space?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    A Raider is just heavy enough to require some getting used to, compared to a regular 50cc or 100cc scoot, but it's no biggie. And it's not hard to drive... the Raider's power only kicks in hard after about 5000 or 6000 rpm, and if you're a newbie, you'll probably be shifting gingerly at 3000 or so... at which point, it is still good mannered.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

dami ko kasing concerns iniisip,e...

1. i want na almost close to a car's standard instrumentation: water, fuel, tach and speedo guages are present

2. di common or just like ng maxima ko--a step higher..at siyempre maporma--kahit di ko bilisan, alam na mabilis yung sasakyan..

3. wont look small when i ride on it: feeling ko kasi, nagiging "pocket bike" and 110cc below na underbone--laki ko kasing tao,e...

so kung may enough practice ako, kahit raider150, at very to light lang ako sa twisting ng accelerator, i could manage it, right?

malayo ba ang difference in consumption or average diffence kaya ng 100cc to 110cc to 125cc to 135cc to 150cc?

kaya ba sa malayuan takbuhan mga ganitong bikes (example manila to bulacan or karuhatan to cabanatuan) pero i have no plans of doing this--kokotse nalang ako pag provincial,e..
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; January 5th, 2008 at 05:33 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
what is and how hard to drive your 1st MC?