New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    how does LTO classify 3-wheel motorcycles like the yamaha tricity?

and suppose i modify a 2-wheel motorcycle into 3 wheels, is this legal?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    how does LTO classify 3-wheel motorcycles like the yamaha tricity?

and suppose i modify a 2-wheel motorcycle into 3 wheels, is this legal?
    i do not know.. but if i have to guess... they'd probably list it down as a three-wheeler... a tricycle.

modify...?
    puede kung puede, but as these items are already in the market, if it were me, i'd take the easy way out and just buy one.

the question is not really stupid.. it just opens up our eyes, on the changing nature of the job.. we have to change the rules, to accomodate changing conditions.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2009

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    They'll be classified as an MC. My father used to own a trike (not the traditional tricycle) with full-sized rear diff axle and car tires. It had a 1200cc or 1300cc engine, if I'm not mistaken. It had an MC plate.

Even ATVs (quads) are classified as MCs if you opt to register it for public road use. Though, you need to have the proper safety equipment installed, like headlights, tail lights, signal lights, and street-legal tires, among others.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    2 wheels sa likod then isa sa harap pwd e register sa LTO, pero 2 wheels sa harap then isa sa likod hindi pwede sa pagkaka alam ko.
    Taubin yung isa ang gulong sa harap then dalawa sa likod. Tricycle ang plate nila.. Hindi pwede e takbo ng matulin. Parang mas stable pa nga ang tricycle.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    2 wheels sa likod then isa sa harap pwd e register sa LTO, pero 2 wheels sa harap then isa sa likod hindi pwede sa pagkaka alam ko.
    Taubin yung isa ang gulong sa harap then dalawa sa likod. Tricycle ang plate nila.. Hindi pwede e takbo ng matulin. Parang mas stable pa nga ang tricycle.

yamaha tricity

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post

yamaha tricity
    Ito yung tinutukoy ko na hindi pwede. Kasi gusto ko sana bumili niyan. Kasu sabi nung nag bibinta e hindi daw ma register sa LTO,
    Raftor ata tawag nila diyan. I think more safe siya than motor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1451568751415.jpg  

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dishcom View Post
    Ito yung tinutukoy ko na hindi pwede. Kasi gusto ko sana bumili niyan. Kasu sabi nung nag bibinta e hindi daw ma register sa LTO,
    Raftor ata tawag nila diyan. I think more safe siya than motor.
    Register it as a motorbike. They are accepted as such in the US.

I know of some people who brought in the ATV-style Can-Am (the one with the Subaru engine) and that's how it was registered.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Register it as a motorbike. They are accepted as such in the US.

I know of some people who brought in the ATV-style Can-Am (the one with the Subaru engine) and that's how it was registered.
    In US pwd. Pero sa pinas e hindi pwede daw.
    Kahit yung ATV e hindi din pwede. May ATV kasi na ang gulong e pang kalsada.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    How about the Reliant (yung kalaban ni Mr. Bean)? Registered as MC in the Philippines?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast