New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    safe naman mag motor kung ipapatong mo sa pickup.
    seriously, kung toy lang mag dio o jog ka na lang muna. sarap pang kalikutin at medyo safe kesa sa mga medium o malalaking bikes.
    pero tulad ng sabi ng mga nauna, delikado pa rin yan.

2. Join Date
    May 2012
    i think you would be the type na "educated" driver. i mean... riders (would be...) who learned how to drive a cage first are more considerate and polite. compared sa maraming motorcycle rider na marunong lang "magpatakbo" pero hindi marunong "magmaneho". basta ingat lang lagi sa pagmomotor. wear safety gears kahit pa mag-mukha kang shaider lalo na't baguhang rider ka.

konti lang ang parents na agree na pagmotorin ang anak nila. hindi ako kinausap ng ermat ko for a week when i bought my first underbone pero wala silang nagawa. i discovered the practicality of mobility and ability to squeeze and flow through traffic and accomplishing short errands with it. wag mainit sa selinyador at always maintain a cool head sa mga kapwa mong rider na i-cha challenge ka na kumarera.

i experienced my first spill recently. (i've been riding since 2005) and it's not good at all. took me a month for the bugbog to heal. buti na lang walang fracture.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    As much as i wanted to ride a motorcycle, kapag inisip mo ung saying na nabasa ko dito sa forum na 'assume that all your fellow motorists are idiots'..safer padin sa cage. Kahit gano ka kaingat, kadisciplined at kaconsiderate as a motorist, hindi pa din maiiwasan ang mga sakuna dahil madaming tanga sa daan. Really, once na nilabas mo yan bike mo, hindi mo na masasabi na hawak mo naman ang buhay mo..madami ka pa din kasabay sa daan sadly..

pero kung leisure riding lang ang gamit mo sa bike, ibang usapan na yan wag lang talaga kung gagamitin mo within metro manila.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jon121 View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm a medical student and I drive a car that's "unofficially" mine (dad owns it but I drive it most of the time). I use it everyday to and from school etc. Lately, I've been fantasizing about riding a motorcycle, not as main transportation, but for weekend rides around Manila. Its more like a toy for me. I like the idea of being free and feeling the thrill of riding and enjoying the link between man and machine.

But, my parents are against it. They said its too risky especially in manila. Of course, as a parent, they wouldn't want me to risk my life or ruin my future of being a doctor. Everyone I've talked to about this are against this idea as well.

Now, I'm torn between my fantasy and the reality of riding in manila. Is it really that dangerous? Am I really going to be stupid if I buy a motorcycle for myself?
    Future Doc Jon.

Just my 2 centavos advice chief:

Try to finish your schooling muna, and kick-start your career first before thinking about riding a motorcycle, ESPECIALLY "on-road" bikes, in the cities where the risk is far too high compared when you're driving a car.

If you have heard about "off-road" or "dirt biking" (not necessarily motocross racing), then this type of riding is far safer, in my personal opinion, and you get to EXPLORE more great places that not many see.

i have always loved motorcycles, not the on-road types, but the off-road ones. All the time we trail ride in group(s), we take the bikes from our respective city locations to any start of off-road sites with the use of pickups, or with SUV's equipped with bike hitchers.... And most, if not all of the time, we don't ply-by the paved roads while we're riding the dirt bikes, unless those roads are part of the overall conditions we have to take along our trail-riding routes. By the way, most of the off-road enthusiasts that you'd be meeting have their own bike haulers, so don't worry about "always" plying by the city-roads from your home just to get to any off-road sites ;)

Again, just my 2 centavos.... YOUR FUTURE CAREER SHOULD TAKE PRECEDENCE OR YOUR PRIORITY OVER YOUR CURIOSITY OR FONDNESS TO RIDE A MOTORBIKE

Goodluck Doc!

Last edited by d_mac; March 28th, 2013 at 01:04 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Nasa sayo yan . To follow what you want or to follow your parents :D

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Had a Yamaha Mio before and used it for short distance drive (up to 5km). I don't split lanes unless non-moving but I still honk to let them know I'm trying to squeeze through. Even if you're wearing a mask, fumes can still penetrate. Anyway, I was side swept by a cab and fell off my bike. Good thing I only got bruises and nothing major damage to my bike. Hindi ko na din hinabol coz I was too shaken. It was then I decided that it's really risky to ride a bike in the Metro no matter how careful and courteous you are.

On. Side note, ang bilis lang umarangkada ng Mio. Maiiwan mo sila on the first 50m. Hehehe...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Wag ka na mag scooter, malapit na tag ulan. Tsaka paghubad mo ng jacket at helmet iba na amoy.

Kidding aside, kapag tag-ulan madulas ang kalsada, medyo delikado tapos hindi ka gaanong makikita ng ibang motorist.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

avoid it like your life depends on it.
    because it does!
    see you in the wards.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 7th, 2015 at 10:55 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Lahat ng kilala kong nagmo-motor, sumemplang na. Galos, biyak na braso at binti, inabot ng iba, parang tosino.

Pero, buhay pa naman sila.......
    Last edited by chua_riwap; April 7th, 2015 at 11:54 AM.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    My second cousin, a budding aircraft technician, was killed when his motorcycle collided with a Civic driven by an elderly lady in Paranaque. He cut corners and was driving fast as if there was no tomorrow. He was clearly at fault.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast