New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/2011-...crash-in-clark

Maico Greg Buncio, Golden Wheel Awards' Driver of the Year for 2011, passed away on May 15 after he crashed at the Clark Speedway Racing Circuit.

The accident took place during the UKB qualifier race in Pampanga on May 14, ABS-CBNnews.com said, where Buncio reportedly suffered serious injuries. He was taken to the intensive care unit of the University of Santo Tomas hospital.

Friends of Buncio shared the news about his accident, asked prayers for his recovery and even sought blood donors via Facebook up until around 3pm on Sunday. While initial reports do not include the time of his death, friends started to share their grief via the social media site around 5pm.

There's no doubt Buncio, 23, was among the most promising Filipino motorsports personalities. He was named the Philippines' Driver of the Year in March by the Golden Wheel Awards for his achievements in motorsports, which include championship trophies from the FBO Motocross Series in Tagaytay, the FMF Memorial Day Motorcross Races in California, and in various competitions at the Batangas Racing Circuit.

In April, Buncio was chosen by Team Suzuki Pilipinas to be among the country's representative in the 2011 Asian Road Racing Championship where he was supposed to use a Suzuki GSXR 600cc bike in the competition's SuperSports 600cc category.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    thats why i dont feel safe in a motorcycle, be it on a track or in the streets, crash then you're done.

unlike in cars, when you crash there will be a greater chance that you'll live because of the metal sheets that surrounds you and the belt that supports you.

though i don't know the guy ( at first i thought he was the tsikoteer who loves to do wheelies LOL ) may his soul rest in peace & condolences to the Buncio family. :pope:

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Condolence na lang po sa pamilya nya...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    I used to see this kid at bike events when I was still into motorcycle stuff. I was speechless upon reading TG's article about his demise.

GodSpeed to you #129
    Last edited by cjv_justice; May 15th, 2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: wrong grammar

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    RIP...23 yrs old lang.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    My condolence to the Buncio family.

RIP, Maico.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    RIP

ang bata pa niya.

8. Join Date