New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    *cyrusblutrooper

hehehe,tawanan mo na lang, kapag ganyan na may gusto ng karera hinahayaan ko na lang mauna ang mga yan pag open road na sibat na hehe, pero kung tingin mo 'di mo kakayanin ang tulin nu'ng isang motor eh wag mo nang tangkaing iwanan hehe,

yon eh kung yayabangan ka ng pasaway na biker, otherwise, cool lang...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Another irritating experience with an idiot on two wheels:

The other night I was approaching an intersection, intending to turn left. As it happens, there was a bus parked on the left side of the road I was about to turn into, effectively turning it into a blind corner. So I slowed down, switched on my turn signal, and proceeded more cautiously then usual. My vehicle's nose had already rounded the corner when a tandem-riding pair suddenly appeared on their motorcycle headed right for me. Good thing I was able to slam on the brakes. I got out, checked for any damage, found none and drove away, all without saying a word. I figured it was pointless even trying to communicate with two teenaged dimwits on a motorcycle, who did not have helmets on and were obviously speeding on the opposite lane. I don't fault them for having to take my lane on account of the parked bus; what irked me was that they didn't reduce speed while doing so (earlier that night we saw other motorcycle riders recklessly speeding in and out of side streets). And since they failed to protect what little was left of their brains by not wearing their helmets, it's not hard to conclude how irresponsible they are in general.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    Another irritating experience with an idiot on two wheels:

The other night I was approaching an intersection, intending to turn left. As it happens, there was a bus parked on the left side of the road I was about to turn into, effectively turning it into a blind corner. So I slowed down, switched on my turn signal, and proceeded more cautiously then usual. My vehicle's nose had already rounded the corner when a tandem-riding pair suddenly appeared on their motorcycle headed right for me. Good thing I was able to slam on the brakes. I got out, checked for any damage, found none and drove away, all without saying a word. I figured it was pointless even trying to communicate with two teenaged dimwits on a motorcycle, who did not have helmets on and were obviously speeding on the opposite lane. I don't fault them for having to take my lane on account of the parked bus; what irked me was that they didn't reduce speed while doing so (earlier that night we saw other motorcycle riders recklessly speeding in and out of side streets). And since they failed to protect what little was left of their brains by not wearing their helmets, it's not hard to conclude how irresponsible they are in general.
    sad to say but it is true.....

it's similar to perceptions of other nationalities that filipino drivers are reckless drivers....

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    "Asian drivers are reckless", that's what they're saying, not "filipino drivers".

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    wow.... I just saw a family of five on a single bike! asteeeg. parang sa circus.
    kawawa naman yung kids.... halos baby pa ung isa.... may tuwalya pa sa ulo para protection kuno.... sarap batukan ng magasawa... sila pa nakahelmet.

uhm.... bat hindi sila sinisita ng enforcers?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver
    wow.... I just saw a family of five on a single bike! asteeeg. parang sa circus.
    kawawa naman yung kids.... halos baby pa ung isa.... may tuwalya pa sa ulo para protection kuno.... sarap batukan ng magasawa... sila pa nakahelmet.

uhm.... bat hindi sila sinisita ng enforcers?

Maybe it's the government way of enforcing population control.

:why:

7. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Hehehe, everyone has to understand that in this country, you don't need to know how to drive a bike (or a car) to get your driver's license.

So di lang mga motorcycle drivers ang parang sira ulo sa daan kung hindi mga car drivers as well.

I mean, geez, how much does it cost to get a driver's license? 400 ba or 600? How can it ever compensate for a proper driving tuturial??? Tapos pag tinaasan yung license fees to actually include training, lahat ng tao magagalit and sasabihin di maabot ng "masa".
    *sigh*

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Nakakatakot yung mga naexperience ng mga cagers dito ah, biro mo gasgas sa paint and dents ang inabot nila sa mga naka motorcycles.

Ako naman, wala akong naexperience sa naka motorcycles pero sa mga cagers meron.

I experienced counterflow, lane splitting, not stoping on intersections. All close calls sa buhay ko, pero I just try to avoid them by anticipating all their moves.

I hope someday everytime we renew our license, the LTO would require a driver refresher course and strict examination at hindi lang yung drug test. :peace:

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Hehehe, everyone has to understand that in this country, you don't need to know how to drive a bike (or a car) to get your driver's license.

So di lang mga motorcycle drivers ang parang sira ulo sa daan kung hindi mga car drivers as well.

I mean, geez, how much does it cost to get a driver's license? 400 ba or 600? How can it ever compensate for a proper driving tuturial??? Tapos pag tinaasan yung license fees to actually include training, lahat ng tao magagalit and sasabihin di maabot ng "masa".
    *sigh*
    Well said Ryan. Not all mc riders are reckless, it's just those bad mc riders gives us a bad reputation and other sees us like the bad ones.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I also have 2 bikes at home and riding bikes more than a dacade now. Been to lots of places in luzon using these bikes. I never ride my kids in my bike and even my wife (maybe for a short distance only more or less 1 km near the house).

Maybe you are right ... could be that bikers that dont drive a car or any four wheelers doesnt know the cagers feels when they block and cut lanes.

But I disagree that only those using Ducati's or Aprilia's are the responsible bikers ... that is totally not true.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Motorcycle Myths & Misconceptions