New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by raikkah View Post
    Tama, i try muna bago magreklamo...

walang water-tight na policy kaagad... nag i-evolve yan... so kung may kulang dagdagan, kung may sobra bawasan... pero paano malalaman kung hindi susubukan.... kaya nga merong mga dry run...

Kaya nga meron tayong kongreso/senado para sa mga batas na dapat i-enhance... or itatag.... (sana ganun nga gawa nila)
    usless yung law e. bat kailangan pa i-try...
    parang di pinag aralan. Di man lang nag consult sa mga motorcycle groups or yung mga taong may alam talaga about the subject.

Para san pa yung plate sa helmet?! meron namang plate yung motor which is only a few feet away.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Since the issue for the STUPID HELMET rule is because they think wearing full face helmets is a deliberate attempt to conceal a persons face from identification, which is going to be classified as a criminal offense, then they should apply similar rules to cars that have dark tint, and people who wear masks, since they too are trying to hide their faces. Now is that fair and logical? Being branded a criminal just because you are trying to protect your head or eyes from the glare and debris of the road or having the benefit of some privacy in your vehicle. Maybe you should all live in glass houses so you can see your neighbors every move and identify him.

The only way I'm going to follow this stupid law if it is applied fairly. If I see every motor vehicle with dark tint has a big taxi like sticker on the side of their doors then I will follow. I'll just say its another Filipino thing. Its not logical nor effective but that's how people do things in this country. ONLY in the Philippines! Is the term commonly used by friends in my workplace. It's a term that fits this country well.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamui View Post
    Since the issue for the STUPID HELMET

......I'll just say its another Filipino thing. Its not logical nor effective but that's how people do things in this country. ONLY in the Philippines! Is the term commonly used by friends in my workplace. It's a term that fits this country well.
    bro mas grabe sa UK. all over ang CCTV..mamaya ma miss-qoute ka ng iba na may pagka-discrimination ang pahayag mo eh...lets do something and be proud of be a Filipino.....kahit dyan sa inyo sa CALIFORNIA at sa kalahatan na ng USA eh "BIG BROTHER" is watching you din nga eh...

as what our wise tsikoteer said.."pag may kulang dagdagan, pag may sobra bawasan" ganyan lang tayong pinoy more on trial ang error... let's admit the fact na ugaling kinamatan ng pinoy ang sasakay, kaysa mag-drive...we did not invent the thing we just adopt it... you are in the best position to see things which are different and hope that you can contribute positively.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    easy lang tayo mga tsikoteers!

expected naman na meron sang ayon at di sang ayon sa proposal ng MMDA.

i am not from MMDA, pero sa tingin ko eh ginagawa lang nila yung sa palagay nila ay mabuti para sa nakakarami. ngayon, mas maganda siguro kung ganito:

kung ndi ka sang ayon sa isang proposed law, magbigay tayo ng suggestions. pangit naman yung puro reklamo tayo. at least magkaroon tayo ng proposed solution to the problem.

tao lang din naman ang mga nag propose nito kay expected na ndi perfect.

OK! peace!

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    easy lang tayo mga tsikoteers!

expected naman na meron sang ayon at di sang ayon sa proposal ng MMDA.

i am not from MMDA, pero sa tingin ko eh ginagawa lang nila yung sa palagay nila ay mabuti para sa nakakarami. ngayon, mas maganda siguro kung ganito:

kung ndi ka sang ayon sa isang proposed law, magbigay tayo ng suggestions. pangit naman yung puro reklamo tayo. at least magkaroon tayo ng proposed solution to the problem.
    tao lang din naman ang mga nag propose nito kay expected na ndi perfect.

OK! peace!
    sir for theboys ..iyon nakaraan grupo ng mga bikers last friday na nag punta sa MMDA office sa pangunguna ng mga Director ng MCPF ay nag bigay po ng petition letters kay Fernando .para sa mga suggestions na mas maganda higit pa sa ipapatupad nila plate # sticker sa helmet

abangan na lang po natin sa ngayon kung ano ilalabas na resolution ng MMDA sa mga proposal ibinigay ng MCPF..

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuzz View Post
    at ang tanong ay...DO WE HAVE A BETTER ALTERNATIVE OTHERWISE?.. of course maliban na lang sa sasabihin nating .."leave the f*&ck#ng helmet/bikers alone"...

malay natin baka dito pa madevelop ang water tight solution...di ba...then..... i-lobby natin..sa dami ba naman nating tsikoteers eh. (easy said than done ba?)
    I would have refrained from interfering in this thread as I am not an MC rider. However, having read the opinions expressed above, I felt the need to interject.

imho, the position that there are no better alternatives (at least to the poster quoted above) does NOT justify the implementation of the first resolution that comes along "designed" to "address" the problem identified, especially when it goes against certain rights of an individual as well as disregard for common sense.

laws are not meant to be made via trial and error. laws are supposed to be created via specific steps, some of them include thorough research, consultations with all stakeholders involved as well as parallelism with the Constitution. kung sa tingin ninyo iyang trial and error approach ay dahil sa "ganyan kasi tayo dito sa Pinas e", bakit kailangan mo i-defend ang mentalidad na ganyan at pagpatuloy pa yung ganung proseso?

again, I say, I am not an MC rider. Yet I can see where this is going. All it takes is a precedent and the rest goes down the drain. It starts with the MC helmets, then with public and private vehicles being "marked" (stickers/painted alphanumeric numbers/etc.), then your other possessions (cellphones/bags/etc. [hey these can be used for crime too, you know]), then ultimately your person (universal id/tagging/chips/etc.)

far-fetched ideas? maybe. pero maybe not. by the time umabot na sa branding ng kotse, pati ikaw aangal ka na nyan kasi papangit na ride mo e. sasabihin mo na nyan ano pang use ng license plate? lalo na once you reach the third leg of my rant in the previous paragraph. do you really want your name plastered on your bags/briefcases? do you really want your cellphones monitored (possibly eavesdropped on by the gov't)?

again, all it takes is a precedent. and that precedent that I see right now is that MC helmet sticker law.

the proposed law, while some of you don't see a better alternative (such short-sightedness, sigh), is very full of loopholes, and very prone to corruption.

stickers can be faked (kung ang plaka nga ng kotse napepeke, sticker pa kaya). implementation, you can bet, will be selective (yes, in paper lahat apektado pero malamang di apektado ang mga pulis, militar at mmda MC riders so criminals can just don their attire and pretend to be the aforementioned). added costs to MC riders, especially those with more than one MC or with several family members riding the bike. safety issues (c'mon now, ginawa ba talaga ng mga helmet manufacturers ang face shield para sa mga criminal? isip! isip!). impact on the future of law-making. there are so many more that I have to stop or this will be too long.

I will not propose a "better alternative". However, i must implore those in position (the right ones, i must stress. kailan pa naging police power policy-making body ang mmda?) to, at the very least, do a more thorough research on the laws they are to create, and involve the people concerned (as they will be the ones who are ultimately affected) through group consultations and surveys, to name a few methods.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_incredible View Post
    I would have refrained from interfering in this thread as I am not an MC rider. However, having read the opinions expressed above, I felt the need to interject.

imho, the position that there are no better alternatives (at least to the poster quoted above) does NOT justify the implementation of the first resolution that comes along "designed" to "address" the problem identified, especially when it goes against certain rights of an individual as well as disregard for common sense.

laws are not meant to be made via trial and error. laws are supposed to be created via specific steps, some of them include thorough research, consultations with all stakeholders involved as well as parallelism with the Constitution. kung sa tingin ninyo iyang trial and error approach ay dahil sa "ganyan kasi tayo dito sa Pinas e", bakit kailangan mo i-defend ang mentalidad na ganyan at pagpatuloy pa yung ganung proseso?

again, I say, I am not an MC rider. Yet I can see where this is going. All it takes is a precedent and the rest goes down the drain. It starts with the MC helmets, then with public and private vehicles being "marked" (stickers/painted alphanumeric numbers/etc.), then your other possessions (cellphones/bags/etc. [hey these can be used for crime too, you know]), then ultimately your person (universal id/tagging/chips/etc.)

far-fetched ideas? maybe. pero maybe not. by the time umabot na sa branding ng kotse, pati ikaw aangal ka na nyan kasi papangit na ride mo e. sasabihin mo na nyan ano pang use ng license plate? lalo na once you reach the third leg of my rant in the previous paragraph. do you really want your name plastered on your bags/briefcases? do you really want your cellphones monitored (possibly eavesdropped on by the gov't)?

again, all it takes is a precedent. and that precedent that I see right now is that MC helmet sticker law.

the proposed law, while some of you don't see a better alternative (such short-sightedness, sigh), is very full of loopholes, and very prone to corruption.

stickers can be faked (kung ang plaka nga ng kotse napepeke, sticker pa kaya). implementation, you can bet, will be selective (yes, in paper lahat apektado pero malamang di apektado ang mga pulis, militar at mmda MC riders so criminals can just don their attire and pretend to be the aforementioned). added costs to MC riders, especially those with more than one MC or with several family members riding the bike. safety issues (c'mon now, ginawa ba talaga ng mga helmet manufacturers ang face shield para sa mga criminal? isip! isip!). impact on the future of law-making. there are so many more that I have to stop or this will be too long.

I will not propose a "better alternative". However, i must implore those in position (the right ones, i must stress. kailan pa naging police power policy-making body ang mmda?) to, at the very least, do a more thorough research on the laws they are to create, and involve the people concerned (as they will be the ones who are ultimately affected) through group consultations and surveys, to name a few methods.
    +1 on this!

you don't need to be a biker to know where these things will be going.....

the next thing you know, you might be required to tattoo your head with your name (instead of the national id system) hehehehe

8. Join Date
    May 2005

ang galing

Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor
    the next thing you know, you might be required to tattoo your head with your name (instead of the national id system) hehehehe
    malamang nga ...hehehe hanggat naririyan si BF

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    like what i and a few friends have been advocating for so long, the issue here is political will...

we have enough laws as it is, why create a new one just because the old ones cannot be enforced? if only the state would effectively discharge its mandated function and duty of police action, this "anti-criminal" measure would not be needed...

why penalize, or unduly burden a whole sector of the society with this stick-o-rule just because the existing laws cannot be effectively enforced...

anti-criminality laws are in place, the police have their mandate and the proper resources to address the issue, it's just a question of doing it or not...

the way i see it, this stick-o-rule is being proposed to make life easier for them... they just don't want to do their jobs right...

and correction, this is NOT a law, it is merely a resolution "urging" the local councils to create the corresponding city ordinances to make it effective (as the supreme court has already ruled)... kumbaga, "suggestion" lang nila yun...

besides, what does the mmda have to do with this anyway? isn't this thing beyond the ambit of its powers/jurisdictioN???

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I am really glad you interject Sir. The whole thing you mentioned here are really a mind opener. Sana isa kayo sa mga mambabatas natin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
MC Plate Number on your helmet