New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_incredible View Post
    I would have refrained from interfering in this thread as I am not an MC rider. However, having read the opinions expressed above, I felt the need to interject.

imho, the position that there are no better alternatives (at least to the poster quoted above) does NOT justify the implementation of the first resolution that comes along "designed" to "address" the problem identified, especially when it goes against certain rights of an individual as well as disregard for common sense.

laws are not meant to be made via trial and error. laws are supposed to be created via specific steps, some of them include thorough research, consultations with all stakeholders involved as well as parallelism with the Constitution. kung sa tingin ninyo iyang trial and error approach ay dahil sa "ganyan kasi tayo dito sa Pinas e", bakit kailangan mo i-defend ang mentalidad na ganyan at pagpatuloy pa yung ganung proseso?

again, I say, I am not an MC rider. Yet I can see where this is going. All it takes is a precedent and the rest goes down the drain. It starts with the MC helmets, then with public and private vehicles being "marked" (stickers/painted alphanumeric numbers/etc.), then your other possessions (cellphones/bags/etc. [hey these can be used for crime too, you know]), then ultimately your person (universal id/tagging/chips/etc.)

far-fetched ideas? maybe. pero maybe not. by the time umabot na sa branding ng kotse, pati ikaw aangal ka na nyan kasi papangit na ride mo e. sasabihin mo na nyan ano pang use ng license plate? lalo na once you reach the third leg of my rant in the previous paragraph. do you really want your name plastered on your bags/briefcases? do you really want your cellphones monitored (possibly eavesdropped on by the gov't)?

again, all it takes is a precedent. and that precedent that I see right now is that MC helmet sticker law.

the proposed law, while some of you don't see a better alternative (such short-sightedness, sigh), is very full of loopholes, and very prone to corruption.

stickers can be faked (kung ang plaka nga ng kotse napepeke, sticker pa kaya). implementation, you can bet, will be selective (yes, in paper lahat apektado pero malamang di apektado ang mga pulis, militar at mmda MC riders so criminals can just don their attire and pretend to be the aforementioned). added costs to MC riders, especially those with more than one MC or with several family members riding the bike. safety issues (c'mon now, ginawa ba talaga ng mga helmet manufacturers ang face shield para sa mga criminal? isip! isip!). impact on the future of law-making. there are so many more that I have to stop or this will be too long.

I will not propose a "better alternative". However, i must implore those in position (the right ones, i must stress. kailan pa naging police power policy-making body ang mmda?) to, at the very least, do a more thorough research on the laws they are to create, and involve the people concerned (as they will be the ones who are ultimately affected) through group consultations and surveys, to name a few methods.
    buti pa kayo sir marunong umintindi di tulad ng iba dyan... hmp!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the proposed law on helmet stickers has been temporarily shelved by the mmda. they sent the proposal back to the pnp for further review.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    i am not a MC rider. at least not yet. and i am from the province so i am not going to be affected by the proposal of MMDA to require MC riders to have their vehicle's plate number put on their helmet.

obviously there are opposition to this proposal. read sunday philippine star

i have some few questions regarding this.

1.) do you think this move is discriminatory as claimed by groups opposing the proposal? they said MC riders are being branded as criminals.

my view: duh? having stickers on ur helmet doesnt mean the rider is a criminal. in fact if the propsal is approved and u have the sticker on, it means u are a law abiding MC rider

2) another claim is that the adhesives affects the integrity as well as the warranty of the helmets?

my view: i am not an engineer but i think the people who designed those helmets are intelligent enough to design their products in such a way that it will not be affected by common substances such as adhesives on stickers.

why not give it a try? simple law lang naman. at kung ndi ito maipapatupad, i propose that the plate number of MC be made as bid as those on cars hehehe

any comments?
    questions that would come to mind are:
    1. what if you have several bikes does it mean you should have several helmets?
    2. what if there are several users of the bike or of the helmet does it mean they should have1 regular size head?
    3. economics dictates to solves this problem because mmda is insisting on pursuing their solomonic foresight i suggest that they be the one to provide the helmet at their own cost.....

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    patches on the arm level or at the back of any apparell would do just as well...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
MC Plate Number on your helmet