New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i am not a MC rider. at least not yet. and i am from the province so i am not going to be affected by the proposal of MMDA to require MC riders to have their vehicle's plate number put on their helmet.

obviously there are opposition to this proposal. read sunday philippine star

i have some few questions regarding this.

1.) do you think this move is discriminatory as claimed by groups opposing the proposal? they said MC riders are being branded as criminals.

my view: duh? having stickers on ur helmet doesnt mean the rider is a criminal. in fact if the propsal is approved and u have the sticker on, it means u are a law abiding MC rider

2) another claim is that the adhesives affects the integrity as well as the warranty of the helmets?

my view: i am not an engineer but i think the people who designed those helmets are intelligent enough to design their products in such a way that it will not be affected by common substances such as adhesives on stickers.

why not give it a try? simple law lang naman. at kung ndi ito maipapatupad, i propose that the plate number of MC be made as bid as those on cars hehehe

any comments?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my view: i am not an engineer but i think the people who designed those helmets are intelligent enough to design their products in such a way that it will not be affected by common substances such as adhesives on stickers.
    Read the manual of almost any high end helmet market on the road today and this fact [use of non-approved adhesives] is explicitly stated.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Read the manual of almost any high end helmet market on the road today and this fact [use of non-approved adhesives] is explicitly stated.
    so i think if MMDA will insist on this proposal, they should include the use of "approved adhesives" so the safety of the rider is not compromised.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    so i think if MMDA will insist on this proposal, they should include the use of "approved adhesives" so the safety of the rider is not compromised.

Not such thing as approved adhesives. What makes you think sir that criminals will not get away with it. Do you realize that criminal do not use licensed firearms?

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Double post my apologies

6. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ok i am a bit lost here.

yes criminals most likely use unlicensed firearms.

but can you explain how unlicensed firearms is connected to "approved adhesives" required by high end helmets?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    OK...OK...medyo nag-curve ng kunti ang trend of thoughts dun..anyway this is a very interesting topic kaya lets go on ..

The intention sa MC plate nos sa helmet is really good syempre agree tayo doon. but the implementation ay may pagka-complicated ang daming apektado...

pero kung tingnan natin ang sa dami ba namang criminals na nagba-bike eh disperado na talaga ang sangay ng gov't na at least ma-check ito.

at ang tanong ay...DO WE HAVE A BETTER ALTERNATIVE OTHERWISE?.. of course maliban na lang sa sasabihin nating .."leave the f*&ck#ng helmet/bikers alone"...

malay natin baka dito pa madevelop ang water tight solution...di ba...then..... i-lobby natin..sa dami ba naman nating tsikoteers eh. (easy said than done ba?)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Tama, i try muna bago magreklamo...

walang water-tight na policy kaagad... nag i-evolve yan... so kung may kulang dagdagan, kung may sobra bawasan... pero paano malalaman kung hindi susubukan.... kaya nga merong mga dry run...

Kaya nga meron tayong kongreso/senado para sa mga batas na dapat i-enhance... or itatag.... (sana ganun nga gawa nila)

i am not a MC rider. at least not yet. and i am from the province so i am not going to be affected by the proposal of MMDA to require MC riders to have their vehicle's plate number put on their helmet.

obviously there are opposition to this proposal. read sunday philippine star

i have some few questions regarding this.

1.) do you think this move is discriminatory as claimed by groups opposing the proposal? they said MC riders are being branded as criminals.

my view: duh? having stickers on ur helmet doesnt mean the rider is a criminal. in fact if the propsal is approved and u have the sticker on, it means u are a law abiding MC rider

2) another claim is that the adhesives affects the integrity as well as the warranty of the helmets?

why not give it a try? simple law lang naman. at kung ndi ito maipapatupad, i propose that the plate number of MC be made as bid as those on cars hehehe

any comments?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by raikkah View Post
    Tama, i try muna bago magreklamo...

walang water-tight na policy kaagad... nag i-evolve yan... so kung may kulang dagdagan, kung may sobra bawasan... pero paano malalaman kung hindi susubukan.... kaya nga merong mga dry run...

Kaya nga meron tayong kongreso/senado para sa mga batas na dapat i-enhance... or itatag.... (sana ganun nga gawa nila)
    malamang ba dry run tong manukala ng MMDA na ito?..trial and error ika nga..at sorry na lang ang maapakan...

(teka nga pala "train of thoughts" or "stream of thoughts" yun prev. not "trend"..sorry tao lang po.)

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    ok i am a bit lost here.

yes criminals most likely use unlicensed firearms.

but can you explain how unlicensed firearms is connected to "approved adhesives" required by high end helmets?

My bad for assuming that people are smarter than I thought

Do you think criminals will use rightfully registered MCs in their trade? Do you think putting on stickers will help at all?

Also, may I suggest that you purchase a helmet and see what may be written there for precautions.
    Last edited by fireblade; July 22nd, 2007 at 09:47 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
MC Plate Number on your helmet