New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    GH,

I dont believe this came from you but I respect your opinion. Just a question, granting that you will disallow MC lets say along Edsa and now there are more cars getting into accidents, do we ban the cars and let the buses use EDSA solely? If there are only buses using EDSA in the future and nothing else and they meet accidents left and right, do we just let the MRT use EDSA solely?

Lets face it, we pay the same taxes and MC riders can never be considered as 2nd class citizens. Just on the enforcement, consistency and leadership by example cant this be achieved.

Bong
    Bong, like I said in my post, MC riders have a greater possibility of dying if they would have an accident as against a car in a similar accident.

As for treating MC riders as 2nd class citizens, that point never was taken up but how would you deal with the fact that a good majority of MC riders behave as if the rules of the road doesn't apply to them? Examples, going through red lights, left/right turns when the light is red or there is a sign that restricts left/right turns, going against one way roads, weaving/sweaving with impunity. How about overloading MCs where there is three riders on one MC? I get to see this regularly.

If MC riders cannot follow the existing rules, maybe it's time for more harsher rules which would restrict their movements until the day they know how to follow them.

I know such an opinion will not go well with the MC community but I would rather have this than the daily death toll rate MC riders are having. Comparing the accidents of trucks and MC doesn't really mesh because if a truck gets into an accident, generally its just a damaged truck and a couple other cars. If a MC gets into an accident, it usually means a dead rider or two, not to mention what happens to the families left behind by the fatalities of the accident? Would you like to have their blood on your hands?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    sigh... i guess we can never expect much from non-motorcyclist government officials and other forumers here... It's really very easy to disregard opinions/needs of the "others" whom you do not know much of. It's so easy to "think" that restricting the rights of others will be for the benefit of the majority, or maybe themselves.

Motorcycles are already opressed as it is in the metro streets.. A lot of riders brave the risks and difficulties because either they "love" riding or its their only means of transport. Banning these vehicles along the major thoroughfares is a clear restriction of their rights! Riders pay licenses, registration and other taxes same as car drivers! which gives them equal rights to use the PUBLIC roads.. a fact that author of that certain bill have'nt thought about...

I hope this does'nt become another MC bashing thread again, Fact is the road is for PUBLIC use.. and by public, it includes motorcycle riders.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    In order for the Philippines to move forward, we really need discipline or implement the current laws. I mean, if you go to Clark or Subic, I don't think you will be seeing these undisciplined motorcycle riders there. Most likely they will follow the rules. Did the law change? Nope, it’s the implementation that is strictly enforced.

Btw, read a few of your blog, I commented on one. It's best to get both sides of the story, but then again, it's your blog. Peace.
    I agree with you. Strict implementation is the key. Filipinos are obedient and can be disciplined if the laws are properly implemented and enforced.

Thanks for taking time out to read my blog and comment. If you have time, please check again my post for my reply on your comment. I welcome comments very much - for or against. Anyway, we are entitled to our own opinion.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    This thread boils down into two facts: lack or no strict implementation and enforcement of all traffic laws and the undisciplined drivers of all vehicles. I think the latter may be the consequence of the former.

In accidents (minor or major), motorcyclists and their riders are susceptible to more serious injuries, if not fatal, than drivers and riders of 4 wheeled vehicles. And yet, these motorcyclists are the most aggressive users of the road - racing, weaving, squeezing, and cutting lanes.

At least, they should be given a dedicated lane on a major thoroughfare.

Please read my related blog post: Motorcycles and buses.

:chopper:
    :bike2:

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    [quote=TeddyBeer;983092]This thread boils down into two facts: lack or no strict implementation and enforcement of all traffic laws and the undisciplined drivers of all vehicles. I think the latter may be the consequence of the former.

In accidents (minor or major), motorcyclists and their riders are susceptible to more serious injuries, if not fatal, than drivers and riders of 4 wheeled vehicles. And yet, these motorcyclists are the most aggressive users of the road - racing, weaving, squeezing, and cutting lanes.

At least, they should be given a dedicated lane on a major thoroughfare.

Please read my related blog post: Motorcycles and buses.

I strongly agree with your opinion on the lack of discipline of drivers and lack of strict implementation of law.
    I am not against those mc, but they violated many violations such as:
    1) coming out of traffic and going thru the opposite lane causing the driver of the correct lane to met an acccident. when the mc driver got hurt , the car driver must shoulder his medical bill and damage to his mc. What is worst when the car driver do not have the money to shoulder his expenses.
    2) they always squeezed themselves even with tiny openings. This happen to me when i am traveling along aurora blvd. with moderate speed about 40kph. At aurora blvd , it is a 2 lane street on each side with centered partition. While driving at the inner lane ( that is near the center partition), a mc suddenly overtook me at high speed that I do not expect someone to have pass me thru my left side with such a small space between the center partition.
    3) When accidents happen, it is usually the car driver shoulder the medical expenses and property damage of the mc even not the fault of car driver. what is worst here when the police investigator confiscate the car drivers license and file a case against the car driver. Is this fair enough.
    4)I would like to stress a point that those mc have a right to use roads but their right should not jeopardize the right of others with regards to safety and discipline.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Bong, like I said in my post, MC riders have a greater possibility of dying if they would have an accident as against a car in a similar accident.

As for treating MC riders as 2nd class citizens, that point never was taken up but how would you deal with the fact that a good majority of MC riders behave as if the rules of the road doesn't apply to them? Examples, going through red lights, left/right turns when the light is red or there is a sign that restricts left/right turns, going against one way roads, weaving/sweaving with impunity. How about overloading MCs where there is three riders on one MC? I get to see this regularly.

If MC riders cannot follow the existing rules, maybe it's time for more harsher rules which would restrict their movements until the day they know how to follow them.

I know such an opinion will not go well with the MC community but I would rather have this than the daily death toll rate MC riders are having. Comparing the accidents of trucks and MC doesn't really mesh because if a truck gets into an accident, generally its just a damaged truck and a couple other cars. If a MC gets into an accident, it usually means a dead rider or two, not to mention what happens to the families left behind by the fatalities of the accident? Would you like to have their blood on your hands?
    Blood in my hands, is my car or MC a tool for destruction? It was a matter of choice that they took and same goes for me when I opted to return to MC riding after 18 years of hibernation. I feel for you as I saw again this evening why this thread has ever started. Traffic going out of Bicutan was horrible and I have to agree with everyone that MC riders ride like they wouldnt care less, but that was their choice. There is another internet site that continous to educate slowly those who have internet access and not a site that promotes MCs and hatred to cars. Seminars, workshops, group orientation , and other baby steps that may seem not enough considering the leaps and bounds MCs have taken. By the way, you have not answered my query chief, will you allow your car to be removed from major streets after they have done this to MCs and it turns out there are a lot of car accidents as well? Remember that this idea is far fetched but did you imagine that happening to MCS a few years back? No right? But if you will continue to support stupid ideas of our lawmakers, you are one in tolerating their unimaginable proposals and time will come that you will be on the other side, believe me

Anyways, happy new year to all!!!

As my sig would say, cars and bikes together!!!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    OT how about a bill banning politicians on the road.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ito na lng kaya, para hindi sila mahirapan sa implemetation.

Ito muna unahin nila..

During car vs. MC accident, Motorcycles without:
    *Plate Numbers or wrong placement
    *Helmets or not tighten properly
    *And other safety gear.

and if the person has no license, underage, under influence of alcohol,drugs etc. and wearing shorts and sleepers.

The car owner/driver will no longer be liable to the accident.
    Unless the car owner/driver has no license, underage, under influence of alcohol,drugs etc.

Para wala na hulihan ng walang helmet.
    Last edited by Satio; January 4th, 2008 at 03:01 AM.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    When will lawmakers realize that...

MOTOR VEHICLES DON'T OPERATE BY THEMSELVES!?
    This day will come when our lawmakers exercise their brains and not their bravado.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    ang sa akin lang naman kahit magkasama pa sa same road(s) ang mga mc at 4 wheeled, basta lang sana kung maaksidente ang MC dahil sa kapabayaan niya (cocounterflow tpos kakanan naman pala at macucut yung kakaliwa na sasakyan, sisingit singit at makakagasgas, mangcucut at mahahagip nung sasakyan sa harap kasi di niya napansin na biglang mangcucut yung motor out of nowhere na wala man lang kahit hand signal, etc..) ay walang babayaran dahil kasalanan naman nung motor and same goes para sa 4 wheeled driver,

sabi nga ni sir fireblade to qoute his post "I have to agree with everyone that MC riders ride like they wouldnt care less, but that was their choice" so since choice nila bahala din sila magbayad kapag naaksidente sila, kumbaga parang sa parkingan malapit sa mga construction area "Park at Your Own Risk"

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
House bill banning motorcycles