New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Marikina City Representative Marcelino Teodoro and ARC Party List Representative Narciso Santiago filed the House Bill 3080 banning motorcycles along major thoroughfares of Metro Manila. The proposed bill is a set of guidelines to stop the rising number of motorcycle accidents due to speeding, not wearing helmets and drunk driving. (Source: Trapik.com)
    —
    I am a daily witness of undisciplined motorcyclists, especially the delivery motorcycles, who race, weave, squeeze between vehicles, and cut lanes. The number of motorcycles plying the metropolis has already increased and so are the undisciplined drivers. Consequently, the number motorcycle related accidents has risen too. Some lawless elements use motorcycles in their trades.

I am for the approval of the bill.

Please check my blog:car:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i dont agree.

i enforce na muna nila ang proper safety guidelines like "wearing the correct helmet" bago sila sumabak sa ganito.. bagong pagkakakitaan na naman yan IMHO. Hoo hoo hoo. happy new year!!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    wag naman. may mga matitino pa namang MC riders, no matter how few. Araw araw rin naman kasi may naaksidenteng mga naka 4-wheels dahil sa lasing, inaantok, masyadong mabilis, o talagang ungas lang mag drive. Main difference is, they usually live to tell the tale.

what we need is to straighten out the reckless. it's for their own good anyway - motorcycle riders die daily, and usually they usually go out in gruesome ways.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Hay!

pinag isipan ba yan?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBeer View Post
    Marikina City Representative Marcelino Teodoro and ARC Party List Representative Narciso Santiago filed the House Bill 3080 banning motorcycles along major thoroughfares of Metro Manila. The proposed bill is a set of guidelines to stop the rising number of motorcycle accidents due to speeding, not wearing helmets and drunk driving. (Source: Trapik.com)
    —
    I am a daily witness of undisciplined motorcyclists, especially the delivery motorcycles, who race, weave, squeeze between vehicles, and cut lanes. The number of motorcycles plying the metropolis has already increased and so are the undisciplined drivers. Consequently, the number motorcycle related accidents has risen too. Some lawless elements use motorcycles in their trades.

pareho lang sa 4 wheeled ito

6. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    The danger is there kahit disciplined MC driver pa yun...Sa mga major road nga lng mas mataas ang risk...Banning is not the answer...

Kung ako yun....dedicated lane na lng...ilayo sa mga bus....tska observe speed limit and safety gadgets....tska mas malaking kulungan para sa mga reckless driver para matuto

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Enforcement ang problem yan.

How I wish that the police or MMDA have a fleet of underbone motorcycles to catch erring drivers, motorcycles or hinde. Ala CHIPS.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyBeer View Post
    —

In order for the Philippines to move forward, we really need discipline or implement the current laws. I mean, if you go to Clark or Subic, I don't think you will be seeing these undisciplined motorcycle riders there. Most likely they will follow the rules. Did the law change? Nope, it’s the implementation that is strictly enforced.

Btw, read a few of your blog, I commented on one. It's best to get both sides of the story, but then again, it's your blog. Peace.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Maybe it would be best to "strictly regulate" their presence in the major thoroughfares like for i.e. - No back riders, with standard headgear (helmet), etc. And then impose heavy fines and tough punishments for violators .. in that way, only the deserving and road abiding MC riders can roam the streets. But then, this is just wishful thinking!

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanren View Post
    Maybe it would be best to "strictly regulate" their presence in the major thoroughfares like for i.e. - No back riders, with standard headgear (helmet), etc. And then impose heavy fines and tough punishments for violators .. in that way, only the deserving and road abiding MC riders can roam the streets. But then, this is just wishful thinking!

I have a motorcycle too and when i drive in major highways e.g EDSA, i feel my other foot in hanging above a graveyard pit. They should only restrict motorcycles of certain displacement and still allow big bikes on the major highways. Most of motorcycles in accident are 150-110cc. I suggest to ban 150cc and below motorcycles, these are also the kind of motorcycles used by enforcers and authorities.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
House bill banning motorcycles