New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    may good riding school ba sa atin? aside from Honda. ang layo kasi ng honda and traffic parati to and from the riding school nila.

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by K.I.L.L. View Post
    Today, I got stuck in traffic for 3 hours for what normally would take me a 20-minute drive without traffic. I have been thinking of getting a motorcycle for quickly getting around the city during the day. I thought the scrambler might be a nice option.

Does anyone have one? What are your thoughts about it?

I'm still on the fence but I just thought it might be fun to ride on weekends too.
    If you're planning of buying a big bike, buy one having a radiator. Old model Ducati's are known to overheat specially on traffics.
    Underbone or scooter bike are better on traffic. Easy to maneuver and light to handle.
    Bob

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1449547935.279743.jpg

Just want to share Manila-Baguio ride via Vespa.

Scooter or a smaller displacement motorcycle is best for city riding. You also have bigger compartment.

You can use 400-650cc as daily ride if you are more experienced rider. Yes you need to factor the wider body of a bigger bike and see if you can filter thru traffic. Beyond that displacement, di na practical. Pang long ride lang talaga and track days.

You also have to consider if you want to save gas money, a bigger bike consumes a lot of fuel, though maybe not as much as a car.

Consider comfort as well if you are used to travelling inside an air-conditioned car.

If you're going to ride a motorcycle, will you be an "all-weather" rider, rain or shine?

Just my thoughts.

PS: A scrambler is small and nimble enough I think to be used for metro.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Also, please kung mag mo motor kayo wag nyo ibangketa ang motor. It's unethical and you don't own the road. Actually di sya road, pang tao na ang bangketa.

Be responsible when riding motorcycles. Share the road properly.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Also, please kung mag mo motor kayo wag nyo ibangketa ang motor. It's unethical and you don't own the road. Actually di sya road, pang tao na ang bangketa.

Be responsible when riding motorcycles. Share the road properly.
    Oo naman. Pero kung halimbawa nga wala naman tao sa bangketa at para nga makausad agad sa traffic eh why not diba. Yun yung sinasabi ko na if pwede.

Parang intersection lang yan na may stop light or contnious white or orange or yellow line. Bawal pa din ba dumaan kung mag-isa ka lang?

Again ha i don't spouse going to the sidewalk using a motorbike unless nga puwede. Okay.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Oo naman. Pero kung halimbawa nga wala naman tao sa bangketa at para nga makausad agad sa traffic eh why not diba. Yun yung sinasabi ko na if pwede.

Parang intersection lang yan na may stop light or contnious white or orange or yellow line. Bawal pa din ba dumaan kung mag-isa ka lang?

Again ha i don't spouse going to the sidewalk using a motorbike unless nga puwede. Okay.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk
    ang bawal ay bawal meron man tao o wala. wag na ipag pilitan ang maling gawain. next na sasabihin eh iisa lang naman tao at maluwag naman or sasalubong sa kabilang lane at sasabihin eh maluwag naman ang lane bakit di umurong mga sasakyan na sasalubungin ko.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    ^Remzam, nice pix. Kamusta ang vespa sa paakyat?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Monty View Post
    ^Remzam, nice pix. Kamusta ang vespa sa paakyat?
    Konting OT sir TS

Ok naman Sir *monty walang problema. I'm on the heavy side pero kaya pa rin. Malaking tulong since you have manual shifting so you can really maximize the torque of the Vespa. There are inclines especially sa city proper na I have to stay on first gear but other than that, kayang kaya. Nasa timpla lang ng kambyo

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Sounds good, Remzam. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast