New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    A long-time acquaintance of mine lost her only child today - another victim of a senseless motorcycle accident. Fine boy he was...good son to his mother, good brother to his friends. Sigh...could have gone to greater things..only if this never had happened.

Poor lady...now all she has are memories of her son...and dreams of what could have been.

So to all of you young motorcycle riders, a word from an old guy like me who has seen loss, tasted loss and felt loss - bravado is only fleeting, death is eternal. Keep safe, stay safe, be safe and ride intelligently.

"Ben"...he was only 19.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    so sad to hear this story... just so sad. be responsible sa kalye, please!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Rip....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    So how did it happen?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Same thing happened to a former classmate of mine a few years ago. It was really tragic, but indeed a wake-up call when I was on the verge of getting a bike.

May their souls rest in peace.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    aw no... my condolences.

which reminds me:

the other week as I was going home while traversing tramo area, I saw this motorcycle underneath a passenger jeep. both passengers were dead. minutes before, i passed the same road. wala pang aksidente...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Nicolodeon: thank you for sharing. May his soul rest in peace.

I also walked on the same edge many years ago. It was fun, yes, but really dangerous.

Now that I am on 4 wheels, there are instances when I could not see them coming. Who is to blame? It depends on whose side you're coming from.

But such terrible waste of life!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    R.I.P.

but imho, people i see now on bikes are really beginners. i am not saying that accidents can't be avoided, but it seems people riding bikes nowadays tend just to buy a bike and ride it, without taking the necessary precautions and the necessary technical knowledge how to ride one.

iba kasi ang kotse/four wheeled vehicles. with these vehicles, you just make sure may fuel, turn on the ignition and go. with bikes, you need first to have a feel on how the bike responds, its power, its limitations, etc. tapos andyan pa yung factor na "need for speed..." syempre, an 80 kph on a 4 wheeled vehicle is different from an 80 kph sa bike.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing
    So how did it happen?
    The usual bravado of a youth thinking that he is indestructible and that he has the fastest reflexes on earth.

In a nutshell, he was racing another bud home...lost control of the bike when he tried to avoid something (they never knew what that something was)...flew off the bike...landed on his head...dead on the spot.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    That's too bad.

Lack of experience I suppose.

This reminds me why my biker friend advised me to start with the lower displacement bikes first to learn the skills.

This also reminds me of John Duran.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
"Ben"...another life wasted