New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Anyone remember the name of the car wash product shown on an infomercial some years ago that eliminated regular car washes by sheeting water instead of beading? Yung may laser pa na tinapat sa car? The main claim was "you get a car wash every time it rains!" I was able to buy this product before and it actually worked. Unfortunately, I can't find it anymore.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Was it the DuraShine Advanced Auto Polish?
    I used to use this before but didn't like it that much. but i've seen that it does sheet off water.

I can achieve that same effect though if i layer regular TW Platinum car carnauba wax. One layer gives beading effect, 2 layers parang sheeting effect na.

Used to buy this sa True Value.. kaso parang it's been years since i saw one.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by badbadtz.carlo View Post
    Was it the DuraShine Advanced Auto Polish?
    I used to use this before but didn't like it that much. but i've seen that it does sheet off water.

I can achieve that same effect though if i layer regular TW Platinum car carnauba wax. One layer gives beading effect, 2 layers parang sheeting effect na.

Used to buy this sa True Value.. kaso parang it's been years since i saw one.

Carlo, you're right, it was DuraShine. It isn't in stores anymore.

Re Platinum: You think two layers of ANY carnauba wax will give the same effect, I wonder?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by stormgray View Post
    Carlo, you're right, it was DuraShine. It isn't in stores anymore.

Re Platinum: You think two layers of ANY carnauba wax will give the same effect, I wonder?
    not as evident, but it does sheet. tried this before, every week application on the 4th week, it sheets very well.. kaso, i dont have the energy and the patience to do it na.. beading is okay for me.

as far as availability is concerned, i haven't seen any. maybe it's just that im not looking for it anymore. try the ACE/true value/Concorde/Blade etc. baka meron sila.

Water Sheeting Car Wash