New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    pare that looks more like the main fuse panel in the engine compartment, that is not where the cig lighter fuse is located.

the fuse panel you should be concerned with is the one inside the passenger cabin. it is usually located at the driver's side, just left of where your left leg would be (the reason they call it a "kick panel"). some cars will have it on the front passenger side also, or both sides. the plastic cover can be removed by just pulling it out, and on its back should be the fuse diagram telling you what each fuse is for and the amperage required.
    Thank you very much sa reply, sir. Pinagbasehan ko lang po kasi yung owner's manual. As per the diagram, under Fuse relay location #7...doon po pinapakita yung location din ng Cigarette lighter.

I-check ko po yung kick panel.

Thank you very much po, sir.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    have you tried spraying contact cleaner/wd40 sa socket baka kasi marumi lang dahil sa carbon & some rusts sa loob?
    ganyan ginawa ko kasi late last year, namamatay kasi ang volt meter ko. after spraying kasi nawala ang problema.
    Hi sir, many thanks for your reply. Diko pa po na-try mag spray ng wd40, pero malinis naman po yung socket and yung mismong ini-insert na lighter.

Gaano po karami ang amount ng i-spray, sir? or should i use a cloth or rug?

Thank you po.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Or you could take it to an electrician to check, I had an incident when the socket stopped working so I took it to Jemson (electrician) he took apart the dash area near the socket & saw that one of the wires were no longer connected to the assembly. He fixed it and it works like a charm now.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCharger View Post
    Or you could take it to an electrician to check, I had an incident when the socket stopped working so I took it to Jemson (electrician) he took apart the dash area near the socket & saw that one of the wires were no longer connected to the assembly. He fixed it and it works like a charm now.
    Hi sir, thank you very much for your reply. May i ask where Jemson is located? i'm from Bacoor.

Just this morning, i made some visits to auto shops near our place, including Sevitek along Aguinalgo hi-way. But all of them didn't bother to check our vehicle instead just said that they don't do electric problems. Buti na lang i mae a decision to visit my bro in-law for stop over for a chit chat. In short he insisted to check my dash to search for the 'kick panel' as sir yebo mentioned. And he did find it! (nagtataka ako ba't ako hindi ko nakita..hehe!) the fuse for Cigar Lighter is busted. The fuse's amp is 20A, the same with the horn's fuse. So he tried to use the horn's fuse and voila! the cigarette lighter socket works..hehehe! So now, after lunch, lalabas ulit ako to check the local autoshops near here for the fuse.

Many thanks again to everybody for helping and giving me tips and advices. I really appreciate it very much.

More power to tsikot.com!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Cigarette Lighter Socket Not Working (how to fix?)