New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by janjanjan View Post
    I see. Sulit nga siguro yung cost for ceramic coating for the longevity ng paint. Thank you for your answering my question.

Meron din yung dad ko 10 years old fortuner without any issues sa paint. Yun nga lang, puro swirl marks :D

Sent from my HD1900 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Pwede pa paint correction if paint thickness is ok. Meron Naman waxing services ang mga detailers like big Bert's.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by janjanjan View Post
    A friend of mine advised me na kapag bumili ng bagong sasakyan, ipa ceramic coat agad. Hindi nya kasi nagawa yun noon at ngayon manipis na raw pintura ng sasakyan niya.

Kung magiging praktikal po tayo mga sir, cost-effective po ba ang ceramic coating?

Sent from my HD1900 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    i used to see this car with thinning paint, in the workplace parking lot.
    since the tsuper had nothing to do in between trips, he would wash the car on a daily basis. at 20 years of age, the thinned parts were obvious, over the sharper edges of the sheet metal, and not in the flatter edges. lumalabas na yung primer under the paint. box lancer.

another possible reason, is that the car's paint is not the usual thick, or the paint is sub-standard.

if you have money, naman, and the cost is acceptable to you, proceed!

is my car ceramic-coated?
    nope.
    but then, i do not have an industrious driver.
    and i do have a nice roofed garage.
    and since the car is silver, i can afford to leave it un-cleaned, for 2 weeks or more.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ???

i wouldn't accept the car, if paint weren't "perfect".
    I learned that "perfect" for a layman and for a detailer are two very different things!

But that said, once you develop an eye for imperfections any car from the factory is far from perfect, even if you're not a detailer. There's always going to be a small degree of swirls and/or orange peel, and paint thickness won't be completely even if you check with a depth gauge.

The idea behind these services is to take it to a detailer to get the paint corrected and locked-in ASAP with a ceramic coat, and the sooner the better because each day the paint gets more damaged. Even a light punas with a microfibre cloth will technically damage paint if you're a true perfectionist.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    please suggest a good shop within Metro Manila.

Preferably:
    Uses Gtechniq with heating lamp
    Proper shop (not home service)
    Nice location ng shop (hindi along sa maalikabok na street)

Optimum Impressions ako dati. Kaso I ordered a small scooter and feeling ko sobrang abala to bring it to Sta. Rosa to have it detailed.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    please suggest a good shop within Metro Manila.

Preferably:
    Uses Gtechniq with heating lamp
    Proper shop (not home service)
    Nice location ng shop (hindi along sa maalikabok na street)

Optimum Impressions ako dati. Kaso I ordered a small scooter and feeling ko sobrang abala to bring it to Sta. Rosa to have it detailed.
    Eto ang current option ko. Siguro next year ko pa dadalhin tsikot ko para sa ceramic coating upgrade with Gtechniq

Yung shop located somewhere sa Pasong Tamo / Chino Roces Makati

Detail Manila

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Eto ang current option ko. Siguro next year ko pa dadalhin tsikot ko para sa ceramic coating upgrade with Gtechniq

Yung shop located somewhere sa Pasong Tamo / Chino Roces Makati

Detail Manila
    thanks. nagmessage ako sa kanila if prices are competitive sa regular shop na pinupuntahan ko.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^update...

ouch. price is double compared to Optimum Impressions.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Guys, I'd like to get your opinions on what I can do with my car. I had it ceramic coated around 2 years ago and did not have it maintained during the pandemic. To be honest, I was underwhelmed at the coating. It's not any easier to clean and it seems I still get the same amount of scratches with daily use. I would like to go back to how I maintained it before- having it clayed then waxed- but the detailing shop told me that a clay bar will remove the coating. Has anyone tried doing this? I am okay with losing the coating at this point. It's nice when its newly washed but I feel that I get more water marks compared to when it is just waxed. Any advice?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    anyone who has tried ceramic coating from LG2 Autostation Shaw Blvd.?

they told me they use either Sonax or Fireball

10. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    ^follow up question, anyone whose car was coated with Shigemi Japan?

Ceramic coating