New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 37 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2733343536373839404147 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Anyone has experience with derudz in alabang? are they okay?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    Anyone has experience with derudz in alabang? are they okay?
    okay service a step above from your ordinary carwash.

facility is lacking, but you can see their patron has nice rides, so i guess their good.

i only avail of the wash and wax services, nothing more.

but heck, if you can have ceramic coating as a home service I bet they can do a better job. just be pessimistic, yes pessimistic.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    Mga boss, question lang. considering that ceramic coating is sometimes as expensive as a paint job. wouldn't it be better to have a paint repair job or have an additional layer of clear coat painted on our rides instead of forking 25k for ceramic coating? or is ceramic coating better than an actual layer of clear coat?
    I see Ceramic Coating as a fancy car wax.

Ever been to a car show tapos tinanong mo sarili mo how they keep the cars shiny... Ceramic Coating

Sulit ba sya? if you want your car to shine, yes. I think its a waste of $$$ (I personally call it the modern day undercoat, remember in the 90's nung usong uso yung undercoat/rust proofing? at least ito kitang kita mo yung results)

My car's coating came with a 5 year warranty.

Having conversations with other car owners, they suggest to have the coating done after a year.

brand new - masaya ka since brand new yung car
    Year 1 - wow parang bago ulit moment
    Year 2 - too late

Before you spend our $$$ on the coating.

1. is it worth it? baka naman repainted na car mo?
    2. do you really need a shiny car for a year or 2?

For me, having a car repainted/retouched is the worst thing you can do to your car.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    I see Ceramic Coating as a fancy car wax.

Ever been to a car show tapos tinanong mo sarili mo how they keep the cars shiny... Ceramic Coating

Sulit ba sya? if you want your car to shine, yes. I think its a waste of $$$ (I personally call it the modern day undercoat, remember in the 90's nung usong uso yung undercoat/rust proofing? at least ito kitang kita mo yung results)

My car's coating came with a 5 year warranty.

Having conversations with other car owners, they suggest to have the coating done after a year.

brand new - masaya ka since brand new yung car
    Year 1 - wow parang bago ulit moment
    Year 2 - too late

Before you spend our $$$ on the coating.

1. is it worth it? baka naman repainted na car mo?
    2. do you really need a shiny car for a year or 2?

For me, having a car repainted/retouched is the worst thing you can do to your car.
    well said. yes fancy yabang car wax that makes them happy

tama na sakin once a month wash and wax lalo na pag di naman masyado gamit or nabibilad sa araw ang auto.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    well said. yes fancy yabang car wax that makes them happy

tama na sakin once a month wash and wax lalo na pag di naman masyado gamit or nabibilad sa araw ang auto.

I am convince. Di na ako magpa pa ceramic.

Wash and wax na lang. (microtex, soft99 o turtle) hehehe

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    to me, kapag daily driven, i'll go with the usual wash and wax. kapag occasional use, garage queen o for car show, i go with coating

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    *monty_gtv,
    Ako baliktad naman. Since daily driven car ko, mas exposed sa elements and the usual 2x a week washes, so I need a stronger and more durable product than wax and sealant.

The whole purpose for me of having a coating done is para di ako mahirapan in cleaning the car haha bonus na ung pagiging glossy nya

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by zechs View Post
    *monty_gtv,
    Ako baliktad naman. Since daily driven car ko, mas exposed sa elements and the usual 2x a week washes, so I need a stronger and more durable product than wax and sealant.

The whole purpose for me of having a coating done is para di ako mahirapan in cleaning the car haha bonus na ung pagiging glossy nya
    Same, though hindi daily driven, purpose ko is para hindi din mahirapan in cleaning the car since wala ako time to personally wash the car. Another reason is that dahil walang maayos na carwash place sa area ko and i know it'll be filled with swirls - extra protection lang. I got the 1 year protection lang din because of this para after a year coat na lang ulit

9. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by atty.cadmus View Post

ganito din ginagawa ko before eh pero after 3 years dami na talaga noticeable swirls kaya ako nag decide mag pa correction, sinabay ko na lang din coat

10. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by atty.cadmus View Post

Same with me I'm using the new TW Seal N Shine sealant spray and I'm happy with the result and easy to clean.

Sent from my ASUS_Z017DA using Tapatalk

Ceramic coating