New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2016
    Hello Guys!

I bought a 2nd hand Altis 2009 black color, and first time ko mg ka kotse. I am reading a lot of advise from this forum mismo, like the topic na carwash for beginners. And i'm reading more pa. Concern ko is ang daming gasgas nung nabili kong kotse. Meron light lang, meron dent na mismo na guhit sa rear bumber, meron deep scractch na since kta na yung puti?

sabi sakin i 4 stage buffing ko lang daw sya mwawala mostly un scratches at kikintab ulet. So ayun nalilito ako kung paano ko sisimulan. I bought some diy wash things nalang muna like microtex wash and wax, microfiber cloth, turtlewax pure black wax, etc.

Any advise po kung anong magandang gawin, at kung mas maganda dalhin sa auto-detailing shop nlang. How much kaya gagastusin ko at anong detailing papagawa ko. may nakita pa akong 7stage detailing for used cars mas mura pa sya. anong shop po sa cavite ang maganda gumawa?

Taga dasmarinas cavite po pala ako. Pwede ba yung ducktail ng bagong altis sa 10th gen? saan kaya makakabili nito sa cavite.

salamat po ng madami!

img_20160802_195957_1920x1080.jpg

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mishap13 View Post
    Hello Guys!

I bought a 2nd hand Altis 2009 black color, and first time ko mg ka kotse. I am reading a lot of advise from this forum mismo, like the topic na carwash for beginners. And i'm reading more pa. Concern ko is ang daming gasgas nung nabili kong kotse. Meron light lang, meron dent na mismo na guhit sa rear bumber, meron deep scractch na since kta na yung puti?

sabi sakin i 4 stage buffing ko lang daw sya mwawala mostly un scratches at kikintab ulet. So ayun nalilito ako kung paano ko sisimulan. I bought some diy wash things nalang muna like microtex wash and wax, microfiber cloth, turtlewax pure black wax, etc.

Any advise po kung anong magandang gawin, at kung mas maganda dalhin sa auto-detailing shop nlang. How much kaya gagastusin ko at anong detailing papagawa ko. may nakita pa akong 7stage detailing for used cars mas mura pa sya. anong shop po sa cavite ang maganda gumawa?

Taga dasmarinas cavite po pala ako. Pwede ba yung ducktail ng bagong altis sa 10th gen? saan kaya makakabili nito sa cavite.

salamat po ng madami!

Madumi ba when you took the picture? If not, I think the paint is in bad condition. You should take a picture in daylight too.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Hello Guys!

salamat po ng madami!

Some cases sa detailing shop sasabihin na ok lang yan sir kayang kayang ibalik yan sa dating kintab... Ipapadetail nyo na para matanggal ang gasgas, swirl and water marks.

After 3-6months dapa na ang kintab dahil naubos na halos ang clear coat sa kakahabol nila sa papakintab. Tama naman sila eh maibabalik ang kintab pero after how many months wala na ang kintab dahil panot na.

4. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Madumi ba when you took the picture? If not, I think the paint is in bad condition. You should take a picture in daylight too.
    Kukuha ako ng detailed daylight picture sir para mas kita pero un sa pic opo malinis. Kung bad condition na po yung paint anong kailangan gawin?

Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    Some cases sa detailing shop sasabihin na ok lang yan sir kayang kayang ibalik yan sa dating kintab... Ipapadetail nyo na para matanggal ang gasgas, swirl and water marks.

After 3-6months dapa na ang kintab dahil naubos na halos ang clear coat sa kakahabol nila sa papakintab. Tama naman sila eh maibabalik ang kintab pero after how many months wala na ang kintab dahil panot na.
    aray. may other alternative po ba?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hello Guys!

salamat po ng madami!

First, a lot will depend on what the current condition of your paint is. Have it assessed and decide if you prefer to have it detailed or the current condition is bad enough to warrant a washover in the near future. Take note that if the paint is in bad condition and they will use a lot of abrasives to get it a good condition through detailing, your clear coat will most likely be thinned out so the paint will require more TLC to maintain (in which case i may prefer a washover).

After you deal with the exterior you can maintain it by using the proper materials and methods for washing. With my black Altis I always used a Microtex Microfibre wash mitt and towel for drying. I also used a separate towel for the wheels, wheel well and lower portion of the car. When i wash, i always used a car shampoo of my choice (Microtex or Mothers usually) and wash the wheel wells first then do a top to bottom method (pail and hose always). After that i wax the car every three weeks to one month; i also use a California Duster to dust off the car when it doesnt need a wash. In the end, when i let go of the car after 3 years and 55,000kms the paint was still very good and never needed a visit to the detailers. I promptly bought a silver car because black is such a PITA to maintain for a daily driver.

Next, before even working on the vehicle appearance, work on the mechanical condition. Read the owner's manual (notably the section that dictates the service to-dos and the specifications) then do a maintenance make-over of your car: change the oil, oil filter, transmission fluid, fuel filter, air filter, A/C filter, coolant, and brake fluid. Do a tune-up, check the belts, hoses suspension and clean the brakes. This will help make sure your car is reliable.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Bumper dents are easy to fix. It can e removed also but be prepared to buy the retainer clips/screws-they are plastic and when they remove it-it cracks-sakit ng corolla. When the bumper is removed you can have it repainted.

As for body paint, professional shops can restore paint. Dont go to any shop that recommends 4stage buffing lol.

Have your car coated. Research hard coats on fb. Dami affordable options. Maintenance washes lng no need for waxing in 18months.

As for maintenance, i think vinj already bailed this.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imho. parang dull na nga ang pintura.
    try mo muna makuha sa detailing.... baka abutin ng 3 step.... pag ok na, protect na lang yung topcoat. may mga solutions na nilalagay dyan ang mga detailing shops para makintab pa din. on a complete exterior detailing, it may cost you around 3-4k.

otherwise, washover.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; August 9th, 2016 at 05:06 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Congratulations on your new purchase.

Marami car wash sa cavite that also do waxing and detailing. If you are familiar with AW&W in Imus, they're okay in terms of pricing and workmanship. Nasa Facebook sila I think.

They also have a ramp, where you can have your car totally underwashed, that is kung OC ka in terms of cleanliness kagaya ko.

Though I plan on buying my own power washer eventually. It's getting expensive already on my part .. :D

9. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    First, a lot will depend on what the current condition of your paint is. Have it assessed and decide if you prefer to have it detailed or the current condition is bad enough to warrant a washover in the near future. Take note that if the paint is in bad condition and they will use a lot of abrasives to get it a good condition through detailing, your clear coat will most likely be thinned out so the paint will require more TLC to maintain (in which case i may prefer a washover).

After you deal with the exterior you can maintain it by using the proper materials and methods for washing. With my black Altis I always used a Microtex Microfibre wash mitt and towel for drying. I also used a separate towel for the wheels, wheel well and lower portion of the car. When i wash, i always used a car shampoo of my choice (Microtex or Mothers usually) and wash the wheel wells first then do a top to bottom method (pail and hose always). After that i wax the car every three weeks to one month; i also use a California Duster to dust off the car when it doesnt need a wash. In the end, when i let go of the car after 3 years and 55,000kms the paint was still very good and never needed a visit to the detailers. I promptly bought a silver car because black is such a PITA to maintain for a daily driver.

Next, before even working on the vehicle appearance, work on the mechanical condition. Read the owner's manual (notably the section that dictates the service to-dos and the specifications) then do a maintenance make-over of your car: change the oil, oil filter, transmission fluid, fuel filter, air filter, A/C filter, coolant, and brake fluid. Do a tune-up, check the belts, hoses suspension and clean the brakes. This will help make sure your car is reliable.
    Sir thank you, very helpful, nasagot mga tanong ko. Hahahanap nalang muna ako siguro ng mg checheck ng paint ng altis ko. nga pala bumili kasi ako ng microtex wash and wax maganda ba yun?

for mechanical condition sir, dinala namin sa hotwheels evangelista, after ng purchase, pinalitan namin ng break pad sa harap (6k OEM brake pads), change oil (fully synthetic 2250), at pinalitan ng left shock sa likod (may tagas na) 4600, cleaned the rear breaks. No need to tune up daw sir maganda pa makina, at takbo. gumastos nga lang ako ng 13k.

Yung coolant at break fluid was full, ATF okay pa daw, filters is okay pa daw. Milage is at 72k

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    Bumper dents are easy to fix. It can e removed also but be prepared to buy the retainer clips/screws-they are plastic and when they remove it-it cracks-sakit ng corolla. When the bumper is removed you can have it repainted.

As for body paint, professional shops can restore paint. Dont go to any shop that recommends 4stage buffing lol.

Have your car coated. Research hard coats on fb. Dami affordable options. Maintenance washes lng no need for waxing in 18months.

As for maintenance, i think vinj already bailed this.
    Thank you sir for the input! ibang shop ang ng rerestore ng paint na sinabi nyo sir kesa sa mga wash shops?

Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    imho. parang dull na nga ang pintura.
    try mo muna makuha sa detailing.... baka abutin ng 3 step.... pag ok na, protect na lang yung topcoat. may mga solutions na nilalagay dyan ang mga detailing shops para makintab pa din. on a complete exterior detailing, it may cost you around 3-4k.

otherwise, washover.
    Yung detailing po ba at buffing ay mgkaiba? akala ko pa naman nakatipid ako ng maige sa 332k na altis plus 13k na ako now plus pa sa paints (although kaya ko pa tiisin since hehehe) mahal pala ng washover

Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Congratulations on your new purchase.

Marami car wash sa cavite that also do waxing and detailing. If you are familiar with AW&W in Imus, they're okay in terms of pricing and workmanship. Nasa Facebook sila I think.

They also have a ramp, where you can have your car totally underwashed, that is kung OC ka in terms of cleanliness kagaya ko.

Though I plan on buying my own power washer eventually. It's getting expensive already on my part .. :D
    Thanks sir!

Hindi ko po alam ang AW&W, actually wala pa ako alam (john snow...) bagong bago talaga
    Ngayon ko lang naramdaman magastos nga pla sa mgkasasakyan. Pero randam ko na worth it pag nakasakay si gf at family sa car.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    S
    Yung detailing po ba at buffing ay mgkaiba? akala ko pa naman nakatipid ako ng maige sa 332k na altis; plus 13k na ako now

Hindi ko po alam ang AW&W, actually wala pa ako alam (john snow...) bagong bago talaga
    Ngayon ko lang naramdaman magastos nga pla sa mgkasasakyan. Pero randam ko na worth it pag nakasakay si gf at family sa car.
    Basta detailing,- leave it to the experts.....

Bro,- what do you mean worth it pag nakasakay si gf sa car?....

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

30.2K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast