New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    I live in an apartment and I have no indoor garage, so I bought a car cover just to protect it from the sun, dust, birdy poop and those with prying eyes with the itch to scratch a new car. I have heard bad things about car covers, like it could ruin your paint job, etc. I have a polypropylene car cover bought from the casa, with false advertising, saying it is rain proof. The car still gets wet but the cover somehow filters the dirt so I cant see any water marks when I take off the cover. What do you guys think? Should I continue using this or could you suggest a better type of car cover, and maybe where one could be purchased. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Car covers do accumulate dust. So maaring magkaron ng swirl marks yung kotse mo whenever you use them, kasi those little dust can actually affect the overall condition of your paint.

Syempre, first suggestion ko would be get a garage... Pero kung hindi kaya, ok na yung car covers. It's better than none at all.

I've used yung galing Concorde na silver before. Yung parang water-resistant ang material.

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I've used yung galing Concorde na silver before. Yung parang water-resistant ang material.
    And how was it? Water resistant ba talaga, as in di nababasa yung kotse? How much, sir?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev01veR View Post
    And how was it? Water resistant ba talaga, as in di nababasa yung kotse? How much, sir?
    Nope. Nababasa pa rin yung kotse. Pero syempre, hindi siya parang cloth na car cover talaga na magiging soaking wet yung sasakyan and yung cover after the rainfall.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Things to remember:

1. Car covers doesn't last long when exposed to the sun (UV) everyday, and will eventually start to tear at the slightest tension
    2. It won't necessarily scratch your car unless somebody leans on it and rub it in. Keeping your car waxed up adds a second layer of protection

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev01veR View Post
    I live in an apartment and I have no indoor garage, so I bought a car cover just to protect it from the sun, dust, birdy poop and those with prying eyes with the itch to scratch a new car. I have heard bad things about car covers, like it could ruin your paint job, etc. I have a polypropylene car cover bought from the casa, with false advertising, saying it is rain proof. The car still gets wet but the cover somehow filters the dirt so I cant see any water marks when I take off the cover. What do you guys think? Should I continue using this or could you suggest a better type of car cover, and maybe where one could be purchased. Thanks
    same tayo dilemma,pero ako ginagamitan ko pa din car cover matindi kase ang bird's poop eh,alaga lang sa pagkabit at pag tanggal cover,hindi ko tinatanggal na mag isa lang ako.pag umuulan naman advantage for me kase hindi lahat pasok sa auto mo since naka cover wag mo lang iwanan ng umulan tapos nababad sa araw pag tanggal mo puna na watermarks

7. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    *TS
    try mo sir yung Elevo na brand ng car cover... cotton ung interior nya nya tapos parang rubberize yung exterior nya

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    Try mo deflector car cover mas pricey nga lang sa elevo.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Remember that car covers are generally expensive especially those good ones. I would simply use the existing car cover and use the remainder for waxes, sealants, and other detailing expenses. All car covers gather dust naman eh.. so unless you have one of those air-tight zip car "houses", I'd simply use the existing car cover... nandyan na rin eh.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I've gone through 3 car covers in 8 years. Do not rely on just the central tie down, but secure front and back. You wouldn't want the car cover to flutter with the wind. It will scratch your clear coat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Car Covers.. to use or not to use.