New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    1. Pwede bang icash out nalang ung naestimate sa damage?
    2. Since per accident ang bayad P2,000, pwede bang create your own damage nlng na idadamay mo na yung katabi para mapagawa nadin since may sira din yung katabi?
    3. Pag nanakaw na o total loss, bibigyan ka ba ng brand new tapos tuloy yung monthly amort?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by danegoesonline View Post
    2. Since per accident ang bayad P2,000, pwede bang create your own damage nlng na idadamay mo na yung katabi para mapagawa nadin since may sira din yung katabi?
    3. Pag nanakaw na o total loss, bibigyan ka ba ng brand new tapos tuloy yung monthly amort?
    Contact your insurance provider.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    For item number 3, if stolen, I heard that it is one of the most difficult situation you could get into. You need to prove that it was stolen. Similar to a dead person wherein you need to present the corpse to prove it. Otherwise, the person is simply missing.

I suddenly remembered one of my colleagues. He usually parks his Everest in the same area and he has been doing it for months. One day, we had an activity so we needed to move from one building to another. After that, we had lunch and finally in the afternoon we went out. This guy went to his usual parking area to get his Everest. It was nowhere to be found!

He went straight to the gate to inquire to the guards about his vehicle. The logbook does not indicate about his Everest's​ exit time. He started to panic and so raised his voice telling the guards that how come his vehicle was able to get out without them seeing it. He started cursing them.

Several minutes have passed until the officer-in-charge assembled a team to investigate. They went to his usual parking area. They asked around and so it was confirmed by the people in that vicinity that indeed, he parks his vehicle in that area. They inquired for any unusual activity, or for any unfamiliar faces

Finally, the officer-in-charge asked the old man, the owner of the missing Everest, what did he do for the whole day. He said that we had an activity and transferred to another building. They suggested to go and check it. The old man was so angry asking them about its relevance and pointing out how incompetent they are. He insisted that his vehicle was in that area only and someone​ took it off. However, the officer-in-charge asserted his authority and so they walked for quite a distance to check the other area​. There they found it, the one and only vehicle left in front of the building!

We all had a good laugh, except for the old man.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    1. Insurance pays the shop, unless its a total loss (but only if the car is fully paid).

2. Pwede, but you have to document the whole thing, like how did the damage occur, where and when.

3. Case to case ito eh. My neighbor totaled his AUV less than a month from purchase. Pinalitan ng brand new unit at tuloy ang monthly. Yung ka-grupo ko naman totaled din, binayaran lang yung bank for the balance ng natitirang loan. Binigyan langbsiya ng konti (<P50k).

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    I can't believe that someone will ask this question... What's supremely unbelievable is that some people condone this with an answer. Shame!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if you don't do something to relieve TS of the ignorance, feigned or real, you are doomed to live with his ignorance for the rest of your life.

be aware that only a minor percentage of the ignorants, have the temerity to ask. we should be thankful, that they ask at all, because they ask for the majority who are too timid to ask.

an old professor once said, "ignorance has no bounds".
    "we-the-learned, should go down to their level, because we can not expect them to easily go up to ours".
    Last edited by dr. d; August 21st, 2018 at 10:52 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Just sharing... Then use your imagination...

We had E90's before.
    Only 1 had isurance...

Suki na din kami ng talyer.

(1) Yes possible, pero kailangan mo ng OR (from Talyer and from the auto supply)
    (2) Just declare it as "unattended" (iniwan mong nakapark and pagbalik mo, mag bangga na)

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    if you don't do something to relieve TS of the ignorance, feigned or real, you are doomed to live with his ignorance for the rest of your life.

be aware that only a minor percentage of the ignorants, have the temerity to ask. we should be thankful, that they ask at all, because they ask for the majority who are too timid to ask.

an old professor once said, "ignorance has no bounds".
    "we-the-learned, should go down to their level, because we can not expect them to easily go up to ours".
    I agree with the old professor Dr D, IF the person is ignorant.

There's a thin line between an ignorant question and fraud.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SidCoronel View Post
    I agree with the old professor Dr D, IF the person is ignorant.

There's a thin line between an ignorant question and fraud.
    and because i sometimes find it difficult to differentiate one from the other, i tend to assume it was an honest query, and respond accordingly.
    "..our chance at educating someone, and we flubbed it..."

10. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    and because i sometimes find it difficult to differentiate one from the other, i tend to assume it was an honest query, and respond accordingly.
    "..our chance at educating someone, and we flubbed it..."
    Same thing here, I'd rather assume that it is an honest query instead of ruining the chance to educate someone.

So I remembered this guy who deliberately damaged his car. His reasoning, is that he wants to get the worth of money he spent on his insurance. This is something I can't imagine, doing this to my car.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast