New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by polemicducky View Post
    Sorry for reviving old thread. Tanong lang, marami kasi nagsasabi na kailangan linisin ang bird poop asap before it stains the paint.

Pero what if natanggal mo na yung poop, and there's already a faint "map" or etching on the paint, may urgency pa rin ba na tanggalin yung etching itself (I dunno, by polish or rubbing compound)? Does it still progressively get worse? Or pwede hintayin until next detailing?
    Bird dungs are acidic, that caused the discoloration. If you have already cleared the dung then it wont deteriorate unless a fresh bird strike hits the same spot.

So watch out for bird dung

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    It wont get worse but you will be irked by it everytime you see it.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Bird dungs are acidic, that caused the discoloration. If you have already cleared the dung then it wont deteriorate unless a fresh bird strike hits the same spot.

So watch out for bird dung

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Then I'll try not to worry about it for now haha. Will just watch out for these in the future, thanks!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kai s. View Post
    Yes acidic nga.

Even with regular waxing (Collinite 845) occasionally the bird bombs would still etch my paint. Like a deeper watermark. Needs a bit of cutting to remove.

Curious pa rin ako though sa itsura nung pagtuklap kaya I was hoping for a photo. Clearcoat lang ba yung natanggal?
    The best way sa pagtanggal ng bird poo ay basain ang table napkin o tissue, tapos ipatong o ilagay sa bird poo.hayaan mo lang for about 10 mins at alisin ang tissue and BWALA,malambot na ang poo poo at puede mo nang punasan o i hose ng water....proven na iyan bro...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Spray it with wd40...leave it for 5 mins then wipe dry

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Voila ... vwäˈlä ...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    remove the poop asap.
    but once it does its demolition job on the paintwork, there's nothing you can do anymore.
    if your clearcoat is thick, you might do some "vigorous simonizing", to remove the damaged surface and some of the clearcoat as well..

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    What’s worse than bird poop is bird vomit. It rapidly eats into the paint, down to the primer if not removed as soon as possible. This is why i always bring a spray bottle of Microtex quick wash. I just spritz it & let it sit for a while. Easier than WD.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Bat droppings are on the level of bird poo as well.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i've started using turtle wax bug and tar remover for those damaging tree sap napalm bombs and nasty bird droppings . it's very effective on those paint contaminants even if they're already dried out and baked by the sun's unforgiving uv rays.

the turtle wax bug and tar remover is also easy to lug around and store in your trunk. and since it's no longer sold in pressurized aerosol cans, there's no danger of it exploding inside your baggage area during those frying pan hot summer afternoons

Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover - Turtle Wax

Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    finally meron ako kasama user ng b&t remover hehehe. it does leave an oily feel though. needs to be rinsed off imo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Arrrrgggghhhh.... i need to try this one..

I watched the youtube, most of them use 2500-3000 wet sand paper and then use the buffering tool...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    Arrrrgggghhhh.... i need to try this one..

I watched the youtube, most of them use 2500-3000 wet sand paper and then use the buffering tool...

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk
    Wd40 works wonders

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast