New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi mga paps my college son wants to swap his 96 corolla xe carb type manual tranny to a 94 glxi efi itlog matic tranny. His car is very reliable nothing to fix and the only reason why he to swap is that he wants to try a matic car any suggestions? Pros and cons please thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Bad idea. An AT Itlog with a good tranny is hard to find nowadays.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    what if its still shifting smoothly sir? His carburated xe does not give him any problems but he said he wants also to upgrade to efi. should i just tell him to look for a manual tranny instead? im quite concerned about the servo maf woes tnx

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Double-check for tranny leaks. Make sure it shifts smoothly through all the gears. Ask when the ATF and tranny filter were last replaced. Test the tranny from cold start (as in umaga parang paalis papuntang office). Ask/check for overheat signs. If the engine overheated before chances are the tranny was affected as well. If it's still good then go for it.

IIRC Bestcolt still has servos for around 8k. MAFs only need a contact spray unless someone fooled around with it before.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    based on experience...eto ang nasira dati sa 4G15 efi engine ko....SERVO or TPS, at computer box.....laging lumalabas ang "CHECK ENGINE" which means "CHECH WALLET"

better stick with your toyota...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Nga pala based on your title the Itlog is a '93 to '97 model. Ibang model na ang '04.

+1 pala sa computer box aka ECU. Chances are the capacitors are already leaking. If buhay pa you can have them replaced at your suking celfone repair shop.

TPS bihira masira. Adjustment lang usually yan.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    thanks for the replys JohnM and Budyong92

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    nga pala its a 94 model my bad

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    less power amenities == less headache

if his rolla doesn't give him (or you) headaches, i think, much better idea ang magstick sa current car nya,
    may mga maayus na units dyan yes, pero medyo gamble padin yan.

kung makuha kayo ng maayus na AT itlog, well and good.

but,

if you stumbled upon a unit na meh problema, i can imagine it now na nagsisisi kayo at pinakawalan yung current car na walang problema.

if gusto talaga magpalit ng car, do bring your most trusted mechanic.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    2e engines are built to last, well.. almost.
    there's a reason kung bakit up until today, may mga corolla bigbody taxis pa na nagiikot ngayon sa kalsada natin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast