New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kaya yata hindi EVO ang gamit eh para ma-modify nila to the max ang rally car nila. They dropped out of the race in 2004 to re-think their strategy.

The FIA World Rally Championship regulations have changed in a number of areas for 2005 and the Mitsubishi Motor Sports team has seized this chance to further enhance key areas of the Lancer WRC05. One of the most notable changes permits manufactures to increase the width of the car body shell by 30mm, from 1770 mm to 1800 mm. Taking advantage of this opportunity, the Lancer WRC05 now has re-designed front and rear wings, rear quarters and bumpers, making subtle visual changes but aiding stability.
    Mitsubishi does appear to have dropped the "Evolution" badging for the WRC car, in favor of "Lancer", but the WRC Lancer bears little (no) resemblance to the production Lancer. As of today in Monaco, Panizzi has taken 5th place in the shake down stage for the event, only a few seconds adrift of the leaders. Seems like an improvement over last year's performance level.
    Nothing to do with pushing the Lancer name, it's all about homologation. Now the WRC cars can be modified extensively it's picking the car that's right for the job. It's a shame really because the days of street legal rally cars such as the Ford RS Cosworths, Celica GT-4s, et al are gone . Of course, the Evo is still needed for Group N homologation but you never get to see coverage of the Group N cars.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Bro, kayang kaya mo naman bumili niyan ah tapos pa test drive a pag bumisita ako diyan

may time pa yata ako to save up for the USDM GT-R

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...037#post304037

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Angaling naman!! If only I am 10 years younger, I would have supremely enjoyed driving this super fast car. He he he...Nag-iiba na kasi ang pananaw kapag iniisip mo na ang ibang tao kung mangyari sa yo'!! He he he...

For now, I'll stick to my slow-moving SUV!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Pero sabi-sabi, eh sobrang HARSH daw yong ride ng suspension kailangan may spare kang kidney o liver dahil siguradong tagtag yong bodyparts mo...pangalawa may tranny problem yata sila....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti
    Pero sabi-sabi, eh sobrang HARSH daw yong ride ng suspension kailangan may spare kang kidney o liver dahil siguradong tagtag yong bodyparts mo...pangalawa may tranny problem yata sila....
    Yes. Stiffer ang suspension ng EVO compared to STi. Yan di ba ang deciding factor ng mga bumibili.

Tranny problem. You shouldnt be surprised in this area since even Subaru WRX's is known for this problem A great 20 year-old design. But the STi tranny is a whole new different world of tranny. I know for a fact that Mitsu is known to have oil leaks, I had an eclipse back in 1999 and I can attest to that. hahaha

6. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    balang araw magkaka evo din ako sana

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Unleashed:Lancer EVO IX