New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Gurus,

I am planning to chnage all four tires of my gen 2.5 pajero, i have heard ok daw itong Dueler REVO A/T? Medyo mahal lng daw. How true is this? Saan ba mga suggested shops na nagbebenta nito yun mura

Also bakit palagi maingay yun front brakes ko screeching. I replaced it with bendix a couple of months ago, and last month pinkcheck ko makapal panaman daw, after they cleaned it , after 2 weeks maingay na naman, they keep on resurfacing the rotor pero ganun din? Help...

Also sira na daw yun shocks ko front and rear medyo mahal yun orig due to adjustable suspension. Medyo matagtag ang pajero 2.5 4x4 because of the weight, how much ba itong mga rancho i am reading here and will it improve the rides comfort. My priority is comfort of the ride. For family use kasi

Thanks to all

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa Tomas Mapua St. sa Manila madaming tire dealers. Princess and the one recommended by KCboy (KLJ nga ba yun?) offer the best deals most of the time.

Sa Cubao everyone swears by Freddie's.

Dueler A/T Revo is a good all around tire for street use. Though medyo mahal nga. Yung standard Dueler A/T is ok din naman.

Sometimes it's the brake friction material itself. On my Pajero, the braking power is not diminished so I just live with the little noise.

Rancho costs as much as the original sensor shocks (made by KYB). I'm biased towards Bilstein if you are going to spend big money on shocks. Old Man Emu shocks are also good. Makes our Land Cruiser ride like a dream.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the rancho 9-way shocks costs as much as the OEM 3-way shocks (8K sa el dorado, brand new yan).

i'm also using bendix and umiingay na rin uli preno, i'll check if makapal pa pads, but the noise began about 5 months after i replaced the pads, so ok lang with me. still brakes ok naman :D

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Thanks for the reply,

Brake power is ok with bendix, medyo maingay lang specially when you are inside malls ang ingay ng screeching sound specially when slowing down to a halt. Bakit ba ganun, pag orig mitsu brakes maingay din kaya? Whats the reason behind it? Sayang lang nga and wala pa 1 year yun bendix brake pads ko maingay na.

Among the 3 shocks, which will offer a very smooth ride? Palagi ko kasi nakikita RANCHO? anymodel ba? Price range please of the other 2? So if you were me is it better to change to another brand instead of mitsu since it costs a lot as well and does other brand mean better overall performance? Better, smoother ride kasi habol ko when i plan to change it all

Thanks

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    the only time na umingay yung original mitsu brake pads ko was when it was due for replacement (hehehehe...). ganun ata talaga friction material ng bendix. nanotice ko rin with our lancer pizza dati after the orig mitsu brake pads were replaced with bendix na mas maingay yung braking. don't worry about it though. :D

i'll go for rancho since 9-way (i like adjustable stuff kasi and this has a lot of setting choices hehehe!), yun lang, it's on the shock itself, and buying an in-cabin control module will cost the equivalent of 2 more shocks iirc, since totally incompatible yung OEM adjuster ng pajero with the rancho. i can't offer more concrete feedback though...nag-OEM pa rin kami when we had the 2 right shocks replaced (hayyyy, decision ng folks ko, even if i was the one who paid for it) and OEM pa rin when the left shocks need to be replaced.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My friend just replaced his 2.5's shocks with Bilstein over the weekend. According to him, prior to full "settling" since the install was only done recently, the ride quality is somewhere between the Soft and Medium settings. It did get rid of the boaty feeling when set to Soft, and it's not as hard as Medium. He's more confident in taking corners faster, and the rear's ride isn't harsh anymore. I think the Bilstein's set him back somewhere between 6 and 7 thousand each.

About the 9-way adjustable Rancho, do have it installed by a competent shop who can guarantee you full un-installation in case the ride does not improve. I have another friend who tried the Rancho on his Strada naman. According to him, ride was just as harsh. He installed ProComp shocks instead. Of course, the Strada being lighter at the back contributed to perhaps a still bouncy ride.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Rancho in-cab controller is quite unreliable. And the 4x4wire guys have been cracking Rancho bushes so many times, a lot have switched back to KYB.

It's still Bistein for me. :D

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    otep, do you have tel number of klj? pudpud na kasi yun 2 tires ko and want to have it replaced agad.

Saan ba mga good shops that carry rancho, bilstein?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lancelot,
    PM mo si kcboy. Hinanahanap ko pa yung calling card na bigay niya.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    look for chito.2541830 or 2541885. try mo nankang, reliable din but cheap. sa may t mapua yung shop nya.

sa shocks naman, why dont you try monroe marketing, importer ng kyb, monroe, bilstein and rancho. one of the biggest yan, dto sya sa binondo. try mo look upo sa whit or yellow pages yung number nya.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tires / Brakes / Shocks- Pajero Gen2.5