New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Baldwin filters, meron shop sa subic. You can order and have them ship it to you nalang, cheaper than oem, but better quality.

For oil, top1 SDO retails at around 280/quart. LiquiMoly MoS2 15w40 around 350/liter. You wont go wrong with either of the 2. Delo 400 is also a good oil. Couple it with baldwin filter, you can do a 10,000 km oil change interval. Try to call the distributor and tell them na fleet kayo and tell them your volume. At your usage, im sure you can haggle a better price.

For air filter, you can buy replacement, walang problem.

For oem parts, have you tried inquiring in your nearest casa? Baka makakuha kayo ng good price. Just tell them how many cars ang nasa fleet niyo.

Check list, pwede gawa ka based on mileage, check kung ano ano ginawa. Then keep the record per car. For basic PMS, pwede sa garage na gawin on a sunday. Sabay sabay na. This way walang daya yung mga drivers niyo.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

2. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Use the lowest price quality oil you can get. Yung iba engine oil marketing na lang sayang lang pera.

Bumili ka by the drum (200 liters ) Babagsak sa 150 to 160 pesos per liter.

Quote Originally Posted by greenfield View Post
    Hi Tsikot Community. I would like to ask for your help, i have read forums regarding maintenance on fellow 4D56 equipped vehicles and became interested on uniforming the PMS routine for my 11 fleet of L300 for my business.

Currently, the driver of the trucks are left with the responsibility of keeping their machines in tip-top condition. But recently, two engines died on us in the period of two months which made me think the lack of proper maintenance caused these. Maybe the driver or stressing the engines on longer durations of oil and filter changes, or worse, charging us for a PMS which don't actually happen (I happen to catch one of my employees at an instance).

I would like to know from you what will you suggest on maintenance as I am getting various outputs from CASA and Mechanics. CASA is suggesting every 5K, Mechanics are suggesting every 15K.

Here are the details:
    out of 11, 3 units are within 1 year and are CASA maintained for the first 10K.
    every unit is travelling at night so expect pure Highway conditions most of the time.
    evey unit clocks around 40000 kms a year.
    OEM or aftermarket parts? and would it be better to use KM reading for oil changes or periods like quarterly oil change?

Many Thanks!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    For my trucks I just have them serviced at caltex. Delo gold multigrade and Vic oil filter. Serviced around 6 months interval or when the driver says oil is already due for replacement.

From experience, l300 engine is pretty much bullet proof. Only time we blew an engine was when the oil drain plug fell out while traveling at speed in slex. Most common problems with my l300 units are: brake cap, power steering hose, Center post and rust. My fleet is composed of 4 units from the 1990s and 2 new units. Problems mentioned are from the old ones.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Good day po. Makikisakay sana sa thread ng tanong ko. Prone ba sa oil leak ang valve cover gasket ng 4d56? Hirap kasing silipin sa L300 fb nung part na may leak, sa may bandang taas ng bell housing ng tranny. Thanks

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew1028 View Post
    Good day po. Makikisakay sana sa thread ng tanong ko. Prone ba sa oil leak ang valve cover gasket ng 4d56? Hirap kasing silipin sa L300 fb nung part na may leak, sa may bandang taas ng bell housing ng tranny. Thanks
    Nope hindi siya prone sa leak basta tama lagi engine oil level at wala problem ang cooling system nang makina. Overheat ang magiging isang cause nyan e. A good multigrade oil, oil filter ang 5,000kms should be enough. Coolant mo make sure kasama sa proper maintenance. Paayos mo yan habang maaga.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Reviving the thread.. We have 6 units of L300s. I plan to do this within the garage nalang to also ensure job is done. Maybe we can sched a weekend with a mechanic to do the PMS. Our L300s clock 30000kms a year. I plan on performing PMS Quarterly or every 7500kms. will try baldwin filters. can someone recommend oil (and brand) and where can I get by bulk? I usually get ones from Shell Petron. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet23 View Post
    Reviving the thread.. We have 6 units of L300s. I plan to do this within the garage nalang to also ensure job is done. Maybe we can sched a weekend with a mechanic to do the PMS. Our L300s clock 30000kms a year. I plan on performing PMS Quarterly or every 7500kms. will try baldwin filters. can someone recommend oil (and brand) and where can I get by bulk? I usually get ones from Shell Petron. Thanks!
    We have 4 delivery trucks/l300. Pero wala pa sa half ang yearly mileage compared sayo. Hehe. We use vic oil filters. Mura lang. No need for baldwin filters. Tapos sa oil naman, i use zic x5000 na drum. 20L per drum. 3550 per drum

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    We have 4 delivery trucks/l300. Pero wala pa sa half ang yearly mileage compared sayo. Hehe. We use vic oil filters. Mura lang. No need for baldwin filters. Tapos sa oil naman, i use zic x5000 na drum. 20L per drum. 3550 per drum

Nice saan kayo bumibili Sir ng oil (drum) and filter? Vic din gamit namin eversince. try ko lang sana Baldwin if hindi masyado mahal.hehe. Thanks

9. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ratchet23 View Post
    Nice saan kayo bumibili Sir ng oil (drum) and filter? Vic din gamit namin eversince. try ko lang sana Baldwin if hindi masyado mahal.hehe. Thanks
    Kay rome. Sa olx

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Since same lang makina ng adventure at l300, hindi ba same din ang pms nilang dalawa?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast