New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Hi Tsikot Community. I would like to ask for your help, i have read forums regarding maintenance on fellow 4D56 equipped vehicles and became interested on uniforming the PMS routine for my 11 fleet of L300 for my business.

Currently, the driver of the trucks are left with the responsibility of keeping their machines in tip-top condition. But recently, two engines died on us in the period of two months which made me think the lack of proper maintenance caused these. Maybe the driver or stressing the engines on longer durations of oil and filter changes, or worse, charging us for a PMS which don't actually happen (I happen to catch one of my employees at an instance).

I would like to know from you what will you suggest on maintenance as I am getting various outputs from CASA and Mechanics. CASA is suggesting every 5K, Mechanics are suggesting every 15K.

Here are the details:
    out of 11, 3 units are within 1 year and are CASA maintained for the first 10K.
    every unit is travelling at night so expect pure Highway conditions most of the time.
    evey unit clocks around 40000 kms a year.
    OEM or aftermarket parts? and would it be better to use KM reading for oil changes or periods like quarterly oil change?

Many Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    We have a fleet of approx 150 l300s.

The first 5k, 10k and 15k are Casa maintained for the warranty.

Our regular maintenance is every 5k. We have our own mechanics who do the oil changes, etc

We use original Vic for the filters and Petron for the oil and lubricants.

Change parts are original Mitsubishi parts.

Hope this helps

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    I don't owned a fleet of vehicle like yours but I suggest you need a dedicated mechanic or a shop to do your periodic maintenance. do not rely on your drivers as most will not even care about the engine as long as it is running.

you can go on km reading but depending on the quality of oil and filter you use. since you are clocking 40k kms/year, every 3 mos or quarterly I think is also ok.

for aftermarket parts, you may want to try baldwin oil filter (bd28 for 4d56). it can last 10k kms paired with a good quality oil

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^ tama si sir monty, dapat may carpool na kayo. Mas makakatipid kayo for sure kasi arawan suweldo nang mekaniko at electrician, hindi per job basis. Also hindi lahat nang piyesa need sa casa bilhin or orig. Puwede din replacement sa ilang parts basta orig made in japan din na piyesa.

Mas mababantayan din engine oil niyo kung per tank ang order mo sa petron tapos may hand pump lang kayo. Mas mura yan. Or kung gusto mo, per pail bili niyo, mas mura din.

Ganito yung hand pump na pang-tank/barrel drum for engine oil.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    mas makakatipid ba pag may motorpool or dedicated mechanic pag ganyan kaunti lang number of fleet?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MrQ5 View Post
    mas makakatipid ba pag may motorpool or dedicated mechanic pag ganyan kaunti lang number of fleet?
    Marami na ang 150. Dito sa amin 20+ trucks, kaya na mag-motorpool. Puwede din kasi gumawa nang sideline yung motorpool, priority nga lang kami.

Also dami sale na high-quality tools, hehehe. Ang dali pa i-charge sa tao kapag pabaya sila. May CCTV pa, madali mahuli mga kawatan.

Baldwin oil filters kapag direct import sa singapore mas mura pa. Asan ka pa. Pati mga shop madali makakuha discounts and priveleges kung ganyan na kadami fleet mo.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Clear ko lang. Tama na si jesto may motorpool. Si TS pala 11 lang sasakyan. Hindi pa need motorpool pero may isang mekaniko na dapat na arawan. Small shop puwede na muna tapos if I were the TS, mag-accept din siya other jobs. Parang talyer din siya kaso priority si TS. Kikita yan katagalan.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Pwede bumili si TS ng oil and filters by bulk. Malaki discount makukuha mo pag fleet ka na. Sa mga L300 namin, Top1 SDO or LiquiMoly MoS2 15w40 oil gamit namin. Ok naman.

As for mechanic, baka hindi pa feasible mag in house talyer. Saan area ka banda? Hanap ka nalang ng ka-tie up na talyer for general maintenance ng mga sasakyan niyo.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Thank You All for the replies! appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Jesto View Post
    We have a fleet of approx 150 l300s.

The first 5k, 10k and 15k are Casa maintained for the warranty.

Our regular maintenance is every 5k. We have our own mechanics who do the oil changes, etc

We use original Vic for the filters and Petron for the oil and lubricants.

Change parts are original Mitsubishi parts.

Hope this helps
    Whoa, thats a lot of L300s. I also have it CASA maintianed for the first 10K. If you wouldn't mind sir, where do you source your OEM Mitsubishi parts? Change oil is every 5k, how about the air filter, fuel filter, and cleaning of the brakes?

I don't owned a fleet of vehicle like yours but I suggest you need a dedicated mechanic or a shop to do your periodic maintenance. do not rely on your drivers as most will not even care about the engine as long as it is running.

you can go on km reading but depending on the quality of oil and filter you use. since you are clocking 40k kms/year, every 3 mos or quarterly I think is also ok.

for aftermarket parts, you may want to try baldwin oil filter (bd28 for 4d56). it can last 10k kms paired with a good quality oil
    Yes Sir, I learned it the hard way. I am a car guy also but the busy schedule does not permit me to check them one by one as they are situated on four branch offices. I also have a few Canters, NHR, and one Forward btw, But I will start with the L300 for the maintenance program the apply it to the rest. I am only minding my personal cars PMS

I was thinking having a time table sheet Posted on the vehicles which has a reminder to change at X,000 kms or Y months whichever comes first. some vehicles kasi have busted odometers.

I do have an idea on the performance of Baldwin reading other threads here in tsikot, but I do not know how it compares to OEM or others pricewise. where can I source these filters? and for the oil, what will be a good choice? i am using Castrol GTX for the newer ones and Shell for the older.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    Clear ko lang. Tama na si jesto may motorpool. Si TS pala 11 lang sasakyan. Hindi pa need motorpool pero may isang mekaniko na dapat na arawan. Small shop puwede na muna tapos if I were the TS, mag-accept din siya other jobs. Parang talyer din siya kaso priority si TS. Kikita yan katagalan.
    I don't know if its feasible, but we have around 25 in total. but repairs do come atleast once a week. as I posted above sir, these trucks are located on four different locations. having them on one garage would be easier. so they have different mechanics, different auto supply to source the parts from.

Pwede bumili si TS ng oil and filters by bulk. Malaki discount makukuha mo pag fleet ka na. Sa mga L300 namin, Top1 SDO or LiquiMoly MoS2 15w40 oil gamit namin. Ok naman.

As for mechanic, baka hindi pa feasible mag in house talyer. Saan area ka banda? Hanap ka nalang ng ka-tie up na talyer for general maintenance ng mga sasakyan niyo.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App
    Sir Pampanga ako pero yun nga, some trucks are located elsewhere. we do have our own trusted mechanic here, but on manila, I think labo labo sila.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast