New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Ducktail will be much more cooler for your car.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Want more mechanical grip? Upgrade your mags and tires. Want better handling? Buy stiffer springs and better shocks.

An aluminum spoiler won't do anything for your car's performance except cause more drag and possibly more understeer. On a track-only car, you can pair one with a front-splitter and get some good aero grip, but only by properly tuning and reinforcing it. On the road, it'll just make your car accelerate slower and use more gas. And if you don't mount it properly, it'll warp the hell out of your trunk.

Get skirts. Get mags. Forget the sampayan... este... spoiler.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    kung Evolution Spoiler pwede.. (kung naka evolution bodykits ka )

Ductail spoiler mas ok. at mas malinis tingnan.

Kung mapapansin mo, mga Civic FD nalang ngayon ang may mga malalaking spoilers kasi yun ang usong theme for FDs.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mxn View Post
    Hi Guys,

I was planning to install a double blade spoiler in my mitsubishi lancer (pizza tail-light).is it still cool?ala na ksi akong nakikitang na ka spoiler nowadays.

honestly? i dont find it cool, specially those big blade sampayan look.
    i find the stock spoiler better.

and yes, the spoiler that you are planning to install will distort your rear vision while driving...

go for the ducktail type, tapos mag euro look ka... ;) mas malinis tignan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Unless your Lancer is AWD, a rear spoiler won't do anything for you. In fact, it might decrease grip since it's putting weight down on the rear.

Sure, it might look cool. But remember, racer looks but no performance=ricer....

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ducktail talaga ang maganda tignan ngayon. wag na spoiler

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    T wings are laos na IMHO. Ducktails naman are played out. Everyone and their mothers have ducktails. Plus those ducktails belong on M3s and the like. Just get the oem spoiler if you really want something to put on top of your trunk. That or go for the whole 9 yards and get an evo body kit. My 2 centavos.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Short answer- No.

Mags,sounds, and performance upgrades are "cool". Probably, start in that order.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    i dont think its about being cool or not cool, front or rear spoiler are usable when your on high speed, when you need extra down force. but depends on what kind, some oem spoiler dont even help just for ascetic purposes only. unless your car will be on the track rear spoiler is not needed but if you want to and it is your car do what you want.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Guys, thanks sa mga comments niyo. i do understand talagang out of this world na ung mga sampayan na spoiler. ducktail talaga ang naiicip kong ikabit. guys, do you know how much is it?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Spoiler-is it still cool?