New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by nelany View Post
    Not really pangit. Change your speakers, install an active subwoofer and amplifier and you will see the difference.
    agree. its not the HU but the crappy stock speakers. iirc, one of the leading car audio shop was impressed sa HU ng Gen3 montero because of the tuning feature like time alignment. my old gen2 ay front separates lang pinapalitan ko + deadening/dampening ng doors and good tuning ng installer, solb na. i don't even have an amp or need a subwoofer as the loudness and bass is more than enough to my listening preference.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Not really pangit. Change your speakers, install an active subwoofer and amplifier and you will see the difference.
    Already did.

Mb Quart Reference Series
    10" svc sub and 80x4 rms amplifier

Lacks bass parin kahit galawin sa EQ na boosted. Mids & treble - so so..

Tried to swap the headunit with a kenwood one and magically improved without even adjusting the eq.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    agree. its not the HU but the crappy stock speakers. iirc, one of the leading car audio shop was impressed sa HU ng Gen3 montero because of the tuning feature like time alignment. my old gen2 ay front separates lang pinapalitan ko + deadening/dampening ng doors and good tuning ng installer, solb na. i don't even have an amp or need a subwoofer as the loudness and bass is more than enough to my listening preference.

Did you use the stock head unit doon sa gen 2?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post

yes, until now. but i'll soon replace it as some part of the screen do not respond anymore.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by monty_GTV View Post
    yes, until now. but i'll soon replace it as some part of the screen do not respond anymore.

Ah. Sakit ng AVT yan.

Kaya madami na din nagpapalit ng HU for monty gen 2.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepcare View Post
    Already did.

Mb Quart Reference Series
    10" svc sub and 80x4 rms amplifier

Lacks bass parin kahit galawin sa EQ na boosted. Mids & treble - so so..

Tried to swap the headunit with a kenwood one and magically improved without even adjusting the eq.

My set up sa Gen3 ay fit sa SQ requirement ko. Straight pioneer sa speakers, seps, Ampli, active subwoofer, with deadening thru Jeff Tan. No need to change my AVT HU.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    My set up sa Gen3 ay fit sa SQ requirement ko. Straight pioneer sa speakers, seps, Ampli, active subwoofer, with deadening thru Jeff Tan. No need to change my AVT HU.
    Baka hindi lang talaga pasok sa expectation ko yung build ko. Pero may improvement naman kahit paano.

Will buy the cheap Pioneer dsp na worth 10k baka mabigyan ng justice yung AVT HU output.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12