New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrsrfr2301 View Post
    nakita ko na new captiva sa solenad sta.rosa nung last week, parang face lift (o face lift talaga?) pangit. di ko trip, mas trip ko yun luma
    yup. facelift talaga. may nagbago ba aside sa bago lang sa paningin? :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Nope... 1st gen was a 5+2 seater.
    Nope, the 2nd gen was the 5+2 seater in most markets. Neither 1st nor 2nd gen had 3rd row for the local market, though.

and it (the 1st gen) was not offered in most markets with the Galant's 4G69 producing 160hp, it used the 4G64 shared with the local Space Gear with only 136hp, even in US.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    Nope, the 2nd gen was the 5+2 seater in most markets. Neither 1st nor 2nd gen had 3rd row for the local market, though.
    One thing for sure... the 2ng gen Outlander does not have the 3rd row seating so the 3rd gen Outlander should benefit from this feature. I just don't know if most buyers will fine the 2.0L gas engine to be sufficient.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    May diesel ba yan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    May diesel ba yan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    nope... or at least the local 2013 model will not have a diesel variant. Abroad, it has a diesel version with the same HP rating.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    oo nga. but compared to captiva, i think this all-new outlander has more space
    Nope. This Outlander has the most cramped 3rd row I've ever been in. With the 2nd row in its default position, I couldn't fit in the 3rd row. Had to move it forward just so I could have my feet planted, though my knees were still rubbing against the 2nd row seats.

I thought the 2nd gen CR-V had the worst 3rd row ever, I was wrong.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Captiva, at least, was built to accomodate a third row... so it's relatively okay, if not quite as spacious as the Santa Fe or the Sorento in the back.

On cars like the Outlander or the CR-V, the third rows are an afterthought.

One thing puzzles me... 4J11? Why not 4B11? Cost cutting?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The Captiva, at least, was built to accomodate a third row... so it's relatively okay, if not quite as spacious as the Santa Fe or the Sorento in the back.

On cars like the Outlander or the CR-V, the third rows are an afterthought.

One thing puzzles me... 4J11? Why not 4B11? Cost cutting?
    Same question. But it is not cost cutting because if they were cost cutting, they would have definitely used the same engines.

I thought the Outlander would be using the same 4B11 engine as with the lancer ex and ASX, given it had the same range in power output and displacement. The engine looked quite similar too when I had the chance to peak under the hood of the Outlander on display.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    From a brief look, apparently Mitsubishi claims the 4J11 is lighter and more fuel efficient than the 4B11... being SOHC instead of DOHC. I wonder if the ASX and Lancer will switch to the 4J11 as well, if that's the case. The 4B11 is getting on a bit in years... we first got it locally with the Dodge Caliber several years ago, already... perhaps going SOHC, like Honda is doing with the R18 and R20... may be the ticket to higher fuel economy for Mitsubishi.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    So is that to say that valvetrain layout really has something to do with fuel economy?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast