New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaris008 View Post
    di ako familiar sa SCV pero may na experience ako dati na parang sinisinok pagka shift ko sa segunda. parang di niya alam kung aarankada o mag memenor. parang yumuyugyog yung buong sasakyan. mga dalawa o tatlong beses lang nangyari saka pag cold start lang. pag uminit na, ok na. wala na yung problema ngayon, at baka rin kse shell v-power diesel na ako.
    here's the same question i posted sa strada thread. pano mo madedetect yung problema sa SCV? may parang symptoms ba yan? salamat

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by redoctober View Post
    Galing

Bro - did you feel there was a power problem kaya nireklamo mo ang SCV mo? Or nakita nila ito sa kanilang Computer?

Saan mo nakuha ang unit at saan ka nag pa-service?

TIA
    red, minimal manifestation lang sir.

i experienced loss of power once or twice between 10 and 15K km odo. but nothing after. just asked the SA to check on my egr and scv during my 20k. technician said the scv was detected faulty afetr computer diagnostics while egr was ok. ayaw na nga pauwi sa akin coz there's no scv on stock, ordering and delivery will take 3-5 days. baka daw mag-stall, but i opted take it home. nagamit ko pa for a week before bringing it back to diamond marcos highway for the scv replacement.

hope this helps.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    need your advise mga Sir...
    We're planning to buy GLX Strada soon, reading this thread and the Strada Thread, it makes me think twice if we should by now or wait for the 2011 model. Hoping that they already fixed this problem on the 2011 model. Any advise from the current owners? TIA!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_ice View Post
    need your advise mga Sir...
    We're planning to buy GLX Strada soon, reading this thread and the Strada Thread, it makes me think twice if we should by now or wait for the 2011 model. Hoping that they already fixed this problem on the 2011 model. Any advise from the current owners? TIA!
    Sir i guess it will be the same. if i can recall matagal naring issue itong SCV na ito. pero upto now lumalabas parin. not unless they will have a new face lift after the 2010 model might as well you wait for it. but if not don't wait.

as long as its under warranty you should not worry about it. siguro kaya din di nila ito masydo binibigyan ng pansin dahil din siguro di ganun ka rampant yung trouble ng SCV.

I wonder kung ano kaya ang statistic sa atin na mga naka strada ang nag ka problem sa scv on their 20KM, 30KM,40KM and 50KM. kasi i know some who owns MS and strada na hindi wala namang problem at kung saan saan lang din naman nag papagas.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    Sir I have a primary and secondary fuel filter. I make it a point to bleed it every 2 weeks just to see if any water got in. I always keep the tank full or close to full so there will be no space in the tank for condensation from water vapor in the air. IMO 10Tkm is the longest you can go before changing fuel filters with our diesel here. I've changed as early as every 5Tkm. As someone in this forum said, diesel contamination here has more to do with delivery and storage than the quality of the fuel itself from the plant.

*12vdc
    My friend has the 2.5 tdci Ranger and had no SCV issues but the fuel pump itself conked out before 50Tkms. Dang.
    i believed sir you're referring to the nissan navara which designed to have dual fuel filter. there is no such thing of fuel contamination from the plant, unless the station have old storage tank which caused the fuel contamination of foreign object like water or dirt. problem of our fuel here in the philippines is the quality. how come the europe don't have experienced on their scv problem like here in the philippines. the designed of the crdi cannot be blamed on the brand but to the manufacturer by denso crdi system which they did'nt anticipate the low quality of fuel here. i think that's were discussing of the fuel problem. quality!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by djoverdose View Post
    Sir i guess it will be the same. if i can recall matagal naring issue itong SCV na ito. pero upto now lumalabas parin. not unless they will have a new face lift after the 2010 model might as well you wait for it. but if not don't wait.

as long as its under warranty you should not worry about it. siguro kaya din di nila ito masydo binibigyan ng pansin dahil din siguro di ganun ka rampant yung trouble ng SCV.

I wonder kung ano kaya ang statistic sa atin na mga naka strada ang nag ka problem sa scv on their 20KM, 30KM,40KM and 50KM. kasi i know some who owns MS and strada na hindi wala namang problem at kung saan saan lang din naman nag papagas.

Thank you sir for the advise.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by djoverdose View Post
    kasi i know some who owns MS and strada na hindi wala namang problem at kung saan saan lang din naman nag papagas.
    I could'nt agree more - I have friends who at this stage are clueless on the SCV issue. Their ODO are already at the 50,000 km without any problem. I did not tell them directly the issues of Strada but I did mention the general problem on CRDI engines in regard to the bad fuel quality in the land. I would like to spare them sa kaka isip -- walang masama na mag ingat but kung isip tayo ng isip na baka tamaan tayo ng problema eh baka hindi tayo mag enjoy -- the best thing is to enjoy every kilometer of our rig. It's just me..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
    i believed sir you're referring to the nissan navara which designed to have dual fuel filter. there is no such thing of fuel contamination from the plant, unless the station have old storage tank which caused the fuel contamination of foreign object like water or dirt. problem of our fuel here in the philippines is the quality. how come the europe don't have experienced on their scv problem like here in the philippines. the designed of the crdi cannot be blamed on the brand but to the manufacturer by denso crdi system which they did'nt anticipate the low quality of fuel here. i think that's were discussing of the fuel problem. quality!
    Yes sir, highlighted in red is what I meant by my post. From what I've heard the fuels come from the plant relatively clean and gets contaminated at the retailers' lorries and tanks. That's why I said contamination has to do with "delivery and storage". Fuel quality has more to do with emissions. If you mean by fuel quality the ppm of sulfur in the diesel then how come a lot of Stradas never encountered the same problem? AFAIK they fill up the with the same brands of diesel, albeit at different locations.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dBoss View Post
    I could'nt agree more - I have friends who at this stage are clueless on the SCV issue. Their ODO are already at the 50,000 km without any problem. I did not tell them directly the issues of Strada but I did mention the general problem on CRDI engines in regard to the bad fuel quality in the land. I would like to spare them sa kaka isip -- walang masama na mag ingat but kung isip tayo ng isip na baka tamaan tayo ng problema eh baka hindi tayo mag enjoy -- the best thing is to enjoy every kilometer of our rig. It's just me..
    Thank you Sir!
    Actually decided na talaga ako to buy a Strada.
    It just happen na nag back read ako ng mga thread and this SCV issue just keep on poping out. I don't know this issue before.
    I guess back reading the thread has a positive and negative effect! hehehe. Anyway I think the Strada is the best truck currently available in our market. I'm looking forward to owning one and joining the club.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by katana View Post
    Isuzu din ba me issue regarding sa scv?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
SCV (Suction Control Valve)