New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    i recently bought a '94 Mitsubishi Galant Super Saloon, after testing it for a few days i noticed that the radiator fan doesn't seem to be working or spinning when the engine is on. It only works when i turn on the AC. is that normal?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by giolicious View Post
    i recently bought a '94 Mitsubishi Galant Super Saloon, after testing it for a few days i noticed that the radiator fan doesn't seem to be working or spinning when the engine is on. It only works when i turn on the AC. is that normal?
    The thermostat might not get hot enough to trigger the fan.

So it's either a defective thermostat switch or your engine is cold.

3. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The thermostat might not get hot enough to trigger the fan.

So it's either a defective thermostat switch or your engine is cold.
    do you mean that the radiator fan is not necessarily active/spinning all the time when the engine is on? so is it normal for it to stop spinning every while?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    do you mean that the radiator fan is not necessarily active/spinning all the time when the engine is on? so is it normal for it to stop spinning every while?
    yes, if the engine/water temp sensor is "cold", the radiator fan will not turn on.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tanong ko lang, isa lang ba fan ng galant? alam ko kasi sa ibang cars na ganung era 2 na ang fans. 1 for the radiator, 1 for the condenser. so baka lang condenser fan ang napapansin mo. nag-ooverheat ba?

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by coiter View Post
    tanong ko lang, isa lang ba fan ng galant? alam ko kasi sa ibang cars na ganung era 2 na ang fans. 1 for the radiator, 1 for the condenser. so baka lang condenser fan ang napapansin mo. nag-ooverheat ba?
    dalawang fan ung sa Galant ko. napansin ko kasi tuwing bubuksan ko ung hood parang sobrang init, e baka lalo na kako pag nasa baba. taga baguio kasi ako. feeling ko abnormal ung init niya (although di ako sure) kahit sandali lang na byahe ko pagsundo sa mga anak ko. although ung temperature gauge ok naman di umaabot sa gitna (maaaring defective narin).

7. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    yes, if the engine/water temp sensor is "cold", the radiator fan will not turn on.
    thanks. im just curious kasi my Toyota Fortuner's fan always spins when starting the engine. not sure though if its like that all the time when the engine is on. probably cos its a bigger engine than my galant?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Good day/ normal yan dhil dati kung galant pareho model ok yan pang masyado maiinit saka mag full speed yan/

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    thanks. im just curious kasi my Toyota Fortuner's fan always spins when starting the engine. not sure though if its like that all the time when the engine is on. probably cos its a bigger engine than my galant?
    Since your Fortuner is RWD, belt driven ang clutch fan nyan coming from the engine. Yes it spins all the time and spins faster whenever you rev the engine higher.

Radiator Fan not spinning?