New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    "DJ'",
    ano yung 55% na nasa road ka palagi? meron ka ba rin bang driver?

kung laging meron baha at malubak ang mga dadaanan mo everyday eh go for pajero...

in terms of vehicle speed, baka naman mas makakabuti sa iyo yung Lancer dahil mabilis ka makakarating sa pupuntahan mo.. (hula ko lang ito)

pero di ko kasi alam engine specs ng Gen1 na pajero at Lancer GL .. guys baka meron kayo alam dito..

in terms of maintenance/replacement of parts, i think mas low maintenance ang pajero compared sa lancer....

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    First of all I want to thank you guys for your posts :D

What I meant by "55% in the Road" was my Business and my current situation requires me to travel from one place to another.....Kasi right now I'm still studying in DLSU Main tapos I have a business to manage.......

Usually ganito ang route ko.....

House-School-Office-Makati-House

Pero minsan umaalis ako ng bahay ng gabi just to check on my employees sa road.......

Based from the posts that I have read......You guys have convinced me that the Pajero is worth buying.......Why?

First of all I need a vehicle which has good fuel economy(para tipid sa Gas) and a good suspension(Para di ako pagod kahit kaging nasa road)........Now both the Lancer and the Pajero has these features.......But there is one thing that the 4 door sedan can't do that Pajero can easily do........"GO PLACES" :D Because of its 4WD capabilities and its rough built.....It can go anywhere....It can go places where the Lancer can't......And thats enough reason for me to buy it

Now here's the problem.........

My friend who owns the Lancer is willing to sell me the car by TERMS....P245,000 yung car.....P100,000 downpayment tapos yung P 145,000 will be settled thru PDCs (Post Dated Checks) for 7 months (about 20k per check) No problem with this offer coz I have enough money to pay the DP

While the owner of the Pajero wants CASH kasi bibili siya ng SUV.......That means I have to pay P300,000 on the spot......Kulang yung cash ko para dun......I tried consulting some financing companies pero ang hirap ng demands nila regarding sa collateral.........

If I only have P 300,000 ryt now......Sayang

Anyway any other opinions? ;)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If that is the case and you really need a car.. then go for Lancer.. Di naman namin alam na ganon pala situations mo.. kala ko naman performance wise ang basis mo sa pag pili ng car.. anyway kung di problema ang pera.. I'll go for pajero hehehe bias kasi ako I own Gen1 din kasi like bogart

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by NightRock
    If that is the case and you really need a car.. then go for Lancer.. Di naman namin alam na ganon pala situations mo.. kala ko naman performance wise ang basis mo sa pag pili ng car.. anyway kung di problema ang pera.. I'll go for pajero hehehe bias kasi ako I own Gen1 din kasi like bogart

Actually I was hoping that the owner of the Pajero would agree with my Terms kaso di ko alam na kailangan niya pala kaagad ng cash eh.....and besides di niya pa ako masyado kilala so I can't expect him to trust me ng ganun-ganun lang :D On the other hand pwede akong kumuha sa Family Account namin pero nahihiya ako eh.........Gusto ko kasi personal na money ko ang gamitin :D Well with my current situation.......I guess I'll go for the Lancer.......Kung may cash lang talaga ako :D
    Last edited by "DJ"; October 19th, 2003 at 12:18 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "DJ", bakit may quotation marks pa yung handle mo? hehehe joke.

Anyway, you can always look for other Pajero Gen1 units. Hindi lang naman yung nakita mo ang for sale diba?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by pajerokid
    "DJ", bakit may quotation marks pa yung handle mo? hehehe joke.

Anyway, you can always look for other Pajero Gen1 units. Hindi lang naman yung nakita mo ang for sale diba?

Quotation Marks? Hehehehe :D Secret........

Actually I'm planning to talk to a relative regarding a loan ........

That is kung dehins pa nabebenta yung tiningnan ko :D

Kung sold na.......I guess I don't have a choice but to look for another one :D
    Last edited by "DJ"; October 19th, 2003 at 08:19 PM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "DJ"

I send you a PM just check..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    "DJ" do not expect a carlike ride for the pajero gen1, unless you get the gen2. there are also places that your gen1 cannot go to like the ali-mall carpark and those with limited height clearance (beware of the festival mall lower level parking). the stock engine is a 4d56 non-turbo which if maintained well could give you 9-10 km/liter fuel mileage.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe...hindi pala naka-log out si AM

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    I saw an ad for a 87 Pajero (Gen1 Bubbletop, orig LHD) with a price of P165k. The owner said it has 200+kms. in mileage and has oil leak in the engine. The engine is 4D56 non-turbo. If I spend for the engine overhauling (how much ba?), will this be a good price for an 18yr. old model Pajero?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
PAJERO Gen1........Need your help guys