New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I was just wondering........Is a Pajero Gen1 still worth buying? A friend of mine is offering me his Pajero 1991(not sure if its 1991 or 1992) for 295,000........Coz I'm really planning to buy a new car anytime this month......Another friend is offering me his Lancer GL 1998 for 245,000.......So ryt now I really don't know kung ano yung kukunin ko :confused:

I mean the Pajero fits my lifestyle since 55% of the day I'm on the road........But the offer for the Lancer GL is really tempting........

I Need your help guys

TNX

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    A Pajero will age more gracefully than the car as it is not subject to the same changes in fashion. Even today, a GEN I Pajero is still considered fashionable.

The price sounds fair enough if the unit is an original LHD unit. If the condition of the unit is good, then go for it. As they say, once you go truck you never come back. hehehehe.

Parts are cheap and plentiful and are built to a tougher standard than car parts.

Just remember that it is still a truck and it will drive like one.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    im quite sure that all of us here will advise you to get the Gen I Pajero (me included).

i agree with Otep..
    mas mabilis kasi magdepreciate yung price ng car kaysa sa Pajero..
    tawaran mo pa yun..para may extra cash ka pang paayos since second hand yun.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Btw I forgot to mention that yung engine daw nung Pajero is a replacement engine which is the same as the original one......Sabi niya nanggaling daw sa isang dealer ng Mitsubishi yung engine dehins daw surplus yun.......Inayos niya rin daw yung suspension(Ball joint etc.)

Both the Lancer and the Pajero are second hand cars when they bought it........So it means that 3rd owner na ako if ever I decide to buy their cars :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With the truck you will discover those little joys in life like driving on grass, climbing the center island, running over those yellow parking stoppers in the mall, etc. It will open up a whole new world.

Darating ang panahon na matutuwa ka pang may baha dahil ikaw lang ang tao sa daan. hehehehe.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by "DJ"
    I was just wondering........Is a Pajero Gen1 still worth buying?

YES

A friend of mine is offering me his Pajero 1991(not sure if its 1991 or 1992) for 295,000

That's a fairly priced vehicle if it is in top condition, meaning wala ka ng papa-ayos.

........Coz I'm really planning to buy a new car anytime this month......Another friend is offering me his Lancer GL 1998 for 245,000.......

OK din yan!

So ryt now I really don't know kung ano yung kukunin ko :confused:

I mean the Pajero fits my lifestyle since 55% of the day I'm on the road........But the offer for the Lancer GL is really tempting........

What do you mean by 55%?
    If you're a sales rep, I suggest you get the Lancer, and if you'll use it only to go to/from work, get the Pajero.

I Need your help guys

TNX
    My advice: Get what you need and not what you want.

HTH.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have the engine checked by your friendly mechanic.
    pero sa tingin ko..
    ok lang naman siguro yung sasakyan since friend mo naman yung nagbebenta sa iyo (d ka naman siguro lolokohin nun)..
    basta tawaran mo pa. ;)

Originally posted by OTEP
    With the truck you will discover those little joys in life like driving on grass, climbing the center island, running over those yellow parking stoppers in the mall, etc. It will open up a whole new world.

Darating ang panahon na matutuwa ka pang may baha dahil ikaw lang ang tao sa daan. hehehehe.
    d ko pa nagagawa yung daanan yung mga stoppers...
    may nakikita kasi akong mga stoppers sa SM Sucat na tanggal na..
    mababaw yung pagkakakabit.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Cindy,

I ran over the ones in Robinson's Place Manila.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    DJ, first of all, i'd like to welcome you to the forums. next, i like your location heheheh :evillaugh

Well BTTT, imagine mo magkatabi yung dalawang oto in question. Yung Pajero ay pajero. How many generations old na yun? three. Eh yung lancer? Every 4 years may bago.

The point i'm trying to make is this..... trucks are hip no matter how old. And the Paj is a truck... a solid one.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    10 years kasi ang model cycle ng Pajero before a new one comes along.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
PAJERO Gen1........Need your help guys