New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Hello Guys,

i always dream of having a pajero but now that i want to get oen i heard toyota fortuner is coming out! i still like the body of Field Master although it's a decade old. Please help me decide and weigh advantages over the upcoming fortuner.

Thanks!

I'd pick the Fortuner. Newer engine, new design, it should be more fuel efficient, more HP and torque than the Pajero. I'm not a big fan of the Pajero's design... sorry Pajero owners

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Thanks dude! the only reason why i am still considering Pajero is becase of it's tried and tested conotation and my opinion, fortuner is less of a real suv compared to Paj, well i'm not really into cars so to all the experts out there pls comment. thanks

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i would also go for the Fortuner... super old na un body ng Pajero Field Master eh. and i've heard it is quite slow

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Taking into consideration that Pajero has a built DVD Player, 3 mode suspension, 16" Ream, Leather seats, tire measure control system, fog lamps... all those upgrades are already included in the package... it seems maka pajero ako masyado. i need negative feedback for pajero and positive opinions on fortuner.
    tigas ulo!

Question is... whats the price difference? Given that the Pajero has all the options, you can get those outside the dealership with the change you get if you buy the Fortuner. Maybe you may want to have a look at the Xterra. Nissan also gives more freebies than a Toyota.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    negative sa pajero, hmmmm
    1. mabagal pag AT top speed is 150. kahit pickup, auv or starex vans uunahan ka.
    2. matalbog ang ride.
    3. 4x2 nalang
    wala na ako maisip eh. yung iba nalang mag add.
    yung first 2 ang pinaka complain ko talaga 4x4 kasi ako eh.
    search mo gen2.5 q's na thread. nandoon mga info ng owners.

I'l take the fortuner. based on looks and engine specs :car:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    magkano ba Fortuner? Xterra?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    the best time to compare these 2 SUV's is when the FOrtuner comes out. Also, it is nice to drive the Fortuner first so that there will be really a direct comparison of the 2.
    Exterior wise, the Fortuner.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Eventhough I am a Pajero fanatic, I'd say go for the Fortuner.

Why?
    - more powerful and technologically advanced engine (3.0 liter CRDI with 163 horses)
    - Coil sprung IFS up front vs the Pajero's TB sprung IFS
    - Better looking interior
    - More comfortable ride

TMP will most likely be price this in the P1.6 - 1.8m range. The top of the line Fortuner in Bangkok is priced at around 1.23m baht if my memory serves me right. Exchange rate at 1 baht = P1.4.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Pajero Field Master or Toyota Fortuner