New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    [SIZE=3]Guys I need your expert opinion on this..... ok lang ba kung 2nd gear instead of 1st gear ang laging gamitin?..... pa advise na rin yung pros and cons. tnx and more power.. by the way I'm driving mitsubishi adventure.... [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    May tanong din ako: Para saan ang 1st gear kung hindi gagamitin?

The answer will help you answer your question. PEACE!

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    From a full stop,- always use your first gear. Coming from a 'rolling stop',- you may use your second gear.....

However, a lot of jeepney drivers are using second gear even from a full stop dahil sabi nila,- malakas daw ang kanilang makina....

I will not do it on my ride... Too much strain on the engine....

2701:bye:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Gamitin for what? Take-off? I remember on the L300, first gear was so low that it was a waste of time. In fact, when it broke on my Uncle's L300, no one noticed...

Depends on how the vehicle is geared. If 1st is meant as a climbing gear (i.e.: you can't go more than 30 km/h with it), then it's kind of useless. As long as the engine doesn't lug and you don't have to rev it high to take off in 2nd gear, there should be no problem in doing so.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    It has been discussed before. Here's the link: http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...ight=bypassing

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    thnx sa mga reply nyo very informative talga ng mga forums d2...... many tnx and more power........ God bless po

which one is better?