New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    yes may fan between the radiator and the engine... pero some (not all) new FWD cars, wala na yung fan sa condenser (between the condenser and the grill/bumper).
    Are you sure? What vehicle is this? A fan is absolutely necessary to cool an A/C condenser. The A/C will simply lose its cooling performance without cool air forced through the condenser coils. It's typically not a question of IF, rather, a question of HOW. Maybe the aux fan is located behind the condenser and/or radiator and is not visible from the front of the vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    sir alec issigonis was knighted for his contribution to the british auto industry. while he is arguably most famous for his mini cooper with transverse engine and front wheel drive, he says he is prouder for his contribution to the morris minor.

OT.
    but we have to pay homage to them.
    Nothing against the guy. All respect to him. But surely, strictly from an engineering standapoint, the radiator would've been more efficient up front. Evidently, that was the case as most, if not all, transverse-engined cars nowadays have their radiators located where there's maximum airflow.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by zix888 View Post
    ...100 percent, mas maaga ma-reach yung desired temp kesa walang aux fan. Mas marami rest time si compressor than oem set up na wala.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    agree, one of the beneficial mods that helps the AC system. imo, much better than doing aesthetics mods o bling blings

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
    May abang (provision) na for the aux fan in this current monty .... pag naglagay ka ng aux fan, plug and play lang, it's as simple as that ..... so what does that tell us .... tinipid ng mitsu mga customer .... mga customer na maglagay para mga cutsomer ang gumastos .... nag cost cut ang mitsu.

To add ... parang cabin (aircon) air filter yan eh ..... monty from the factory does not come with a cabin air filter .... but there is a provision for it .... it was designed to have one .... and you know the value of having a cabin air filter.
    Can anyone confirm the cabin filter?
    Talaga po bang wala?
    Sabi ng SA ko dati meron na, although di ko pa nasisilip yung actual sa 2017 GLX ko.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have an innova. it does not have an aux fan, either.
    and i feel no need for one, either.
    engine doesn't overheat, and aircon is cool, even on hot days.
    May nakaabang natin bang aux fan mountings and supporting electricals sa new Innova which also does not have an aux fan?

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    honestly, I'm not sure if it's still required...

maybe modern RWD cars have better fan clutch na...

pero even with some newer FWD cars, wala na din Aux fan...

Feeling ko tuloy the Aux fan is a 90's car thing.
    Innova previous gen namin, no aux fan din...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    May nakaabang natin bang aux fan mountings and supporting electricals sa new Innova which also does not have an aux fan?

This question has been addressed early on in this thread. Why do you keep asking it?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    This question has been addressed early on in this thread. Why do you keep asking it?
    The question that has been addressed is about the 3rd gen Montero Sport and NOT of the Innova which is the question is about if you read it. I
    was just curious its the same with the Monty na may nakaabang na din na din na montings and electricals?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The question that has been addressed is about the 3rd gen Montero Sport and NOT of the Innova which is the question is about if you read it. I
    was just curious its the same with the Monty na may nakaabang na din na din na montings and electricals?
    can you take pictures of your engine bay? use imgbb for picture posting..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008

sinilip ko yung aking OLD innova.
    mukhang wala.
    but it should not be difficult to have one installed.
    the space is pretty large. designing and executing mounting attachments should not be a problem.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sinilip ko yung akin.
    mukhang wala.
    but it should not be difficult to have one installed.
    the space is pretty large. designing and executing mounting attachments should not be a problem.
    So the new diesel vehicles at least from Toyota and Mitsubishi has improved their cooling efficiencies that negates the use of aux fans...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast