New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Just found out today from a local Montero Sport Facebook page the absence of a factory auxillary fan from their GLS model. I checked my 2016 GLS M/T 4x4 and lo and behold NO Auxillary Fan. Only the main belt driven fan is present.

To those who read this. Do you have an auxillary on your 3rd gen Montero Sport? Is it wise to add one?

Not sure if casa will add this or has the part. Zixx Performance was able to add the aux fan. The aux fan was plug and play. Naka-abang na wires. Only a relay was needed.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's probably because the engineers thought it's unnecessary.

Diesel engines runs relatively cooler than petrol. This, I just found out recently. My Diesel Innova runs at 85-86°C max whereas my previous vehicle, a Honda Civic FD, operates at 95-105°C.

I've been contemplating on adding an aux fan myself, but after I've seen the data, it's probably only going to give a marginal improvement, if none at all.

And if you notice, the mechanical fan can really move a lot of air.
    Last edited by oj88; October 30th, 2017 at 07:01 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The mounting points for an aux fan are said to be present including a working wire connection. The cost of the aux fan is minimal. It just puzzles me that for tropical country like ours with very hot summers it was not added.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    complain with your montero sports club...

ang lalaki ng clubs..ayaw mag complain as one group.

isuzu mux club.. ayaw nila mag complain regarding the ac filter...

get it from zix... saya ng profits nya 🤣

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    This is the same dilemma sa previous gen na strada. May abang na harness pero you have to buy aux fan separately pati cabin filter bibilhin mo rin if strada unit mo kahit same lang ang aircon filter assembly sa monty. Di ko alam ang purpose ng mitsu sa pinas.

Below is a pic as to what a latest gen monty condenser+aux fan should look like as standard sa ibang bansa na mga monty

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by roydok View Post
    The mounting points for an aux fan are said to be present including a working wire connection. The cost of the aux fan is minimal. It just puzzles me that for tropical country like ours with very hot summers it was not added.

I can't defend Mitsubishi with this decision, only to say that they're probably not bumbling idiots to not include it. In other words, unless you're running into an actual issue (overheating/heat soak, A/C not cold enough, etc.), what makes you say that the vehicle requires an aux fan?

I'm guessing that one possible reason the mount points are there is maybe because the new MS shares that same part with another vehicle that DOES require an aux fan.... maybe for a different target market, different power plant, etc. You'll think that the Philippines is hot until you've been to places like Africa or the Middle East. We're not even in the Top 10 most hottest countries.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    mmpc probably ordered the mid spec units... full spec will make it too expensive to sell...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Indonesian current monty(pajero sport) ay wala din mga aux fan. Not sure if sa totl variant nila.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Baka hindi nga kailangan ng aux fan, i guess.
    Actually, i never had a problem with my old fort's AC even if it didnt have any cabin filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Zix is installing this aux fan for gen3. I had mine installed by him. Nice plug and play aux fan.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast